Christmas 2020 Update

Hiromachi

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys ! 

2020_Merry_Christmas_Banner_v2.png

http://leatherneck-sim.com/2020/12/22/christmas-update/

I hope you will like this one 🙂 

Edited by Hiromachi
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Nice! Corsair is pretty iconic. 

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sorry Hunter but we dont provide time frames like that anymore, if this year taught us something, its that anything can happen and rescheduling would be a let down. It will be ready when it will be ready. But I can tell you that its closer than further to release now 🙂 

• Like 7

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Hiromachi, thank you for the update -  I happily own the MiG-21 and CEII.  I am planning to own the iconic F4U in 2021 - the sooner the better!

Good luck with the MiG-21 updates and in completing the final stages of the F4U-1D Corsair. 

Merry Christmas. 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Amazing work guys. 

Although under the tarp.... *Ahem*, F-4 with nose strut extended or Su-17/20/22? The wings and spine aren't quite right for an F-4 but the tail and nose is pretty close yet the Su-17/20/22 matches the spine and fits the wings better but the nose looks a little too short and has the probe as well as the tail not seeming *quite* right. 

main-qimg-66301a8e406198dc002a80781f82b7Su-17%2C_technical_museum%2C_Togliatti-2

• Like 4

F-4E_Phantom_out_of_RAAF_Amberly_at_Pear

Nvm there are F-4s with a much smoother top to the rudder....I reckon it could almost me an F-4, but it would be an early F-4 with the shorter nose. Like an F-4B or F-4C.

Screen-Shot-2017-07-06-at-14.27.34.png

And if you *were* to drape a cloth over it the highest of the tail and the raised nose with the nose gear up for the Navy phantoms you could get that "curved" spine you see....could it be?

https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/tag/mcdonnell-f-4b-phantom-ii/ Image doesn't want to load so have this link to the imaged I wanted. Pretty sure its an F-4B with the leg extended. 

Edited by Southernbear
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phant said:

Can you tell us something about the advanced damage model: it will be implemented? (if yes, on day one or through a future update?)

Thanks in advance!

Bye

Phant

At this moment no. New damage models are not part of SDK yet, so we have no means of implementing them. But once we will get closer to release I will have more information on that.

4 hours ago, Southernbear said:

Although under the tarp.... *Ahem*, F-4 with nose strut extended or Su-17/20/22? The wings and spine aren't quite right for an F-4 but the tail and nose is pretty close yet the Su-17/20/22 matches the spine and fits the wings better but the nose looks a little too short and has the probe as well as the tail not seeming *quite* right. 

Yes, my thoughts exactly!

That's a Su-17\22 under there or I'm father Christmas. Nice, we need more strikers especially Redfor strikers. 

• Like 4

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

That's a Su-17\22 under there or I'm father Christmas. Nice, we need more strikers especially Redfor strikers. 

+1

• Like 1

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Su-17 Family plane will be great, I am really happy! Thank you!

unknown2.pngunknown1.png

Edited by FoxAlfa
  • Like 4

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

In my opinion the windscreen of the covered aircraft is a way too far from the nose for any Su-17 derivative (at least seen from that angle). Proportions-wise it's closer to one of twn-seater MiG-21 variants to me, although bulges on the nose don't match either.

Doesn't matter though. The F4U shots have stolen the whole show!

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.