VirPil helicopter collective controls

Now we just need a Cyclic with a "clutch" for trim too (and while I'm at it, pedals that stay where you leave them too :P)

But this collective is very very nice, and clever design too. 

Q: Can the mount be flipped? So that it can be mounted on top of a surface, rather than under?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

The vkb gunfighter has a clutch. U can remove the springs and tighten the clutch to get that trim ur talking about. And what i also like about it is that they have now made the grip fully metal. Look it up, mcg gunfighter base + mcg ultimate grip. It is ofcourse rather pricey.

On 1/10/2021 at 5:43 PM, TomOnSteam said:

Now we just need a Cyclic with a "clutch" for trim too (and while I'm at it, pedals that stay where you leave them too :P)

You can disconnect the spring on the (excellent) MFG Crosswind pedals, and you can also add a damper that gives them a very good feel and allows them to hold position. If you search the forum for MFG damper mod, you'll find several discussion threads about it. In fact apparently the next version of the MFG Crosswind pedals will come ready-made to accept a damper mod more easily. 

Additionally, a couple different forum members have developed heel-on-floor style pedals for the MFG Crosswind to replace the stock footrests that have your feet off the floor. This is a much easier configuration for helicopter flight, and consistent with the majority of real-life fixed-wing aircraft rudder pedals anyway. Again, just search the forum for MFG pedals (or combat pedals) and you should find info on both offerings. Hope that helps!

On 1/13/2021 at 1:40 AM, X-31_VECTOR said:

In fact apparently the next version of the MFG Crosswind pedals will come ready-made to accept a damper mod more easily. 

The V3 have been shipped with ready-made damper mounts for weeks. Just FYI.

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The V3 have been shipped with ready-made damper mounts for weeks. Just FYI.

Cool, and thanks for the correction. On the web store (at least the English/USD$ one), I still only see the V2 pedals listed, so I wasn't sure.  

1 hour ago, X-31_VECTOR said:

Cool, and thanks for the correction. On the web store (at least the English/USD$ one), I still only see the V2 pedals listed, so I wasn't sure.  

Yep, MGF hasn't had time to update it yet. There are a few differences. Another one is that the Heel Stop is removable, held on by 2 screws.