VirPil helicopter collective controls

Sokol1_br

I'm not fond of how they did the base.  I would have preferred the collective assembly be secured on both sides instead of just the interior side and that relying on the mounting assembly itself and I also don't like that the cables are connected to the assembly itself where they move when the collective handle does.

It's a very different design from the other collective bases out there, but hopefully it holds up over the long term.

8 hours ago, zcaa0g said:

I'm not fond of how they did the base.  I would have preferred the collective assembly be secured on both sides instead of just the interior side and that relying on the mounting assembly itself and I also don't like that the cables are connected to the assembly itself where they move when the collective handle does.

It's a very different design from the other collective bases out there, but hopefully it holds up over the long term.

A large amount of money just got transferred from my account by PayPal. The exact amount I pre-ordered my collective base+throttle & LH Alpha grip for.

Does this automatically mean my order will be sent somewhere the upcoming days? (First time I ordered something from Virpil)

I didn't receive an email yet

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

vor 41 Minuten schrieb sirrah:

A large amount of money just got transferred from my account by PayPal. The exact amount I pre-ordered my collective base+throttle & LH Alpha grip for.

Does this automatically mean my order will be sent somewhere the upcoming days? (First time I ordered something from Virpil)

Same here.

Last time I ordered something from Virpil,

they transferred the money directly before shipment. I guess we will receive the shipment E-Mail today or tomorrow

They took my money 10 days ago, email I received yesterday said they are hoping to begin shipments by the end of next week.

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

5 hours ago, sirrah said:

Yeah, based on recent shipping times, I would anticipate you receiving then in the next 10 to 14 days depending on the shipping option chosen.  They are much faster than they used to be as far as the end to end ordering process.

I ordered their Control Panel 2 a couple of months ago and received it in under 2 weeks.  I'm in the U.S.  They have an ordering thread on their site where people post their ordering statuses.

Edited by zcaa0g
  • Like 1

Watch out for the email which says "Order Complete"

That means your order has left the factory and has been picked up by the courier.
Hope you ordered Priority shipping. I ordered FedEx Economy shipping and my order was delayed 8 days just to meet the estimated consignment delivery date (it actually arrived in Singapore from Lithuania within 3-4 days, super fast, only to sit in the warehouse frustratingly for another 8 days).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 12:37 PM, Apar said:

I agree with mounting to a rig instead of the chair,. Only thing here is that it also eats up the space for your throttle. If only there was a fast way in swapping the two. This might need a lot of time in the drawing board for me.

There is, albeit hardly cheap. In something like an Obutto R3evolution cockpit, you can purchase duplicates of the side mounting panels and easily swap them out, so I have a couple of  Virpil sticks hard mounted to one, and another VKB stick that I don't use to often on another, a VKB throttle on another and a custom build throttle/control box on yet another. With space for at least 3 mounts on each side and one central, I can swap them as well as move from left side to center or right mount really pretty quickly - maybe 30 seconds per unit. They're locked in with big hand bolts so no tools required, and rock solid as a result. I also convert to a racing sim setup sometimes so I have another couple for gear-shifter and handbrake. I just ordered another one for this Virpil collective controller, for my sins. 

I know - not cheap, given they're 40-50 bucks each, US, but they're either pre-drilled to fit Virpil/VKB (among others) or easy enough to drill to fit, as a one-time DIY tweak. It does at least fit the 'easy/fast' part. I would guess if you build your own, it would be possible to accommodate a similar concept. It may not be the best (or cheapest) cockpit in the world, but it is rock steady and the modularity is nice. Just FYI, in case useful. If your significant other reads this and does the math on costs, you're on your own.

Any news/update on the shipping of the TCS Plus.  Still waiting and not a peep on my card or email.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Got an email almost two weeks ago after my credit card being charged. The first deliveries should start by the end of July according to the email.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

10 hours ago, tugais said:

Got an email almost two weeks ago after my credit card being charged. The first deliveries should start by the end of July according to the email.

Ugh, doesn't sound good for me as there has been no activity on the card.   Seems like I will be at least 2 weeks behind.  Well, guess that will give more time for more reviews to come out.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

They billed me as well on Juli 15th. About a week later I contacted support just to make sure (as I too didn't receive any mails). Here's the answer I received from VIRPIL:

image.png

So, it appears they should start dispatching somewhere this week.

(I cancelled and changed my order June 1st, so if you guys ordered it before that you should also receive it sooner than me.

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

vor 8 Minuten schrieb sirrah:

They billed me as well on Juli 15th. About a week later I contacted support just to make sure (as I too didn't receive any mails). Here's the answer I received from VIRPIL:

image.png

(I cancelled and changed my order June 1st, so if you guys ordered it before that you should also receive it sooner than me.

Thanks for the info 🙃

6 hours ago, sirrah said:

Interesting.  When did you place your original order.  I placed mine on May 18th and PayPal has NOT been charged.  Hope like heck I didn't drop through the cracks.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

17 hours ago, AKA_Clutter said:

Interesting.  When did you place your original order.  I placed mine on May 18th and PayPal has NOT been charged.  Hope like heck I didn't drop through the cracks.

• Initially ordered May 14th
  • Cancelled/Changed my order June 1st (and I was told this would result in me getting pushed back to the end of the queue)
  • Got billed July 15th
  • No dispatch mail yet

Guess we'll have to wait patiently just a little longer 😉

Edit: Fresh news from Virpil :thumbup::

Don't worry guys! Our factory have already started dispatching TCS Plus Bases to the WW online store. In 7-10 days all pre-orders will be completed. I promise.

Source:

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/4115-vpc-rotor-tcs-plus-base/&do=findComment&comment=29281

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

I contacted Virpil yesterday, and they gave me the same information as ohters have shared.  They should start shipping this week (Friday????) and next week as well.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

1 hour ago, FoxTwo said:

Is there an ETA for the UH-60 grip?

Last news I heard was eta Q4 2021

Based on nothing but my gut feeling, I would be surprised if they reach this "deadline"

Almost as surprised as seeing them announce a UH-60 grip in the first place... (I mean, which sim do they have in mind? Am I missing something?)

• Like 1

System specs:

Just had my FedEx delivery notification for Friday, looks like they're starting to ship the TCS Plus collectives.

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

8 minutes ago, jalfrezi said:

Just had my FedEx delivery notification for Friday, looks like they're starting to ship the TCS Plus collectives.

Congratulations!!  Still nothing for me, but this gives me hope.

Can't wait to see what you think.

----------------

AKA_Clutter