VirPil helicopter collective controls

Sokol1_br

But, the Alpha is a right hand grip, I can't imagine it to be at all pleasant to use with your left hand. (I have both the TM Warthog and Hornet grips and, obviously, they are not meant to be used with the left hand.

Or am I missing something here? (I don't yet have any Virpil grips)
alpha has a left hand version too.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

On 5/16/2021 at 5:28 PM, Doc Savage said:

where is the exstention tube for the flightstick and the base? can not seem to find it on there website

Ignor this i found it.

regards

Joshua

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-flightstick-extension.html

Don't forget to pick an appropriate connector.

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-extension-connector-75-100mm.html

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-extension-connector-50mm.html

Am 15.5.2021 um 16:57 schrieb Phantom88:

Can anyone recommend a good gaming chair for the collective?? 
Ive been using a dining rm chair since I lent my Computer chair to family 3 yrs ago😵I know...How Lame!! Lol 

well i orderd my Backforce 3 Weeks ago, will arrive this week. its one of the best Chairs you can buy for money. But its not cheap 🙂

Just goole gaming Chairs. Backforce, DX Racer, Noblechairs are some of the very good brands

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As stated on the Virpil news, the first batches should be shipped end of June. Since we are getting close, did anybody already receive any news on their order? If you get some this week, please let us know. Can't wait much longer with the hind being out now 😛

On 6/20/2021 at 11:47 AM, Wychmaster said:

As stated on the Virpil news, the first batches should be shipped end of June. Since we are getting close, did anybody already receive any news on their order? If you get some this week, please let us know. Can't wait much longer with the hind being out now 😛

I came here to ask the same 😄

(at some point I decided to change my order to the LH Alpha grip instead of the Ka-50 grip ( @Grennymaster opened my eyes 😛 ). Unfortunately this resulted in me getting back in the queue)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

14 hours ago, sirrah said:

(at some point I decided to change my order to the LH Alpha grip instead of the Ka-50 grip ( @Grennymaster opened my eyes 😛 ). Unfortunately this resulted in me getting back in the queue)

The LH Alpha is still on backorder, so getting pushed down the queue probably won’t make much difference.

5 hours ago, cordite said:

The LH Alpha is still on backorder, so getting pushed down the queue probably won’t make much difference.

Yeah I saw

Also the thread on this forum about VIRPIL products always being on backorder, isn't really comforting either 🙄

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

vor 22 Stunden schrieb sirrah:

The alpha grip is certainly a smart investment if you plan on getting the Apache. I might consider it too if Virpil doesn't publish an Apache collective. However, I think they are probably already working on this grip, since the Apache is so popular and DCS already announced this module. It would be an absolute bestseller (in relation to other helicopter controls).

Until then, I will be happy with Ka-50 grip. Will get the Uh-60 too (Hoping to get the blackhawk as an official DCS module in the future).

I did a first day preorder, so I hope that I am more or less at the top of the queue, but I didn't get any updates so far.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wychmaster said:

The alpha grip is certainly a smart investment if you plan on getting the Apache. I might consider it too if Virpil doesn't publish an Apache collective. However, I think they are probably already working on this grip, since the Apache is so popular and DCS already announced this module. It would be an absolute bestseller (in relation to other helicopter controls).

Until then, I will be happy with Ka-50 grip. Will get the Uh-60 too (Hoping to get the blackhawk as an official DCS module in the future).

I did a first day preorder, so I hope that I am more or less at the top of the queue, but I didn't get any updates so far.

Considering the UH-60 grip is announced for Q4, I don't expect an AH-64 grip soonish (hope I'm wrong though..)

I really wonder what made VIRPIL decide to go for a UH-60 grip (do they know something we don't? :music_whistling:), instead of the Apache grip. Or did they share anything about this choice? Other than their forum, I'm not really checking out other social media platforms.

(by the way, imo a (U)H-60 is the only logical next helo module for DCS 😉 )

• Like 2

System specs:

Zitat

Regarding your pre-order XXXX, we had initially estimated to begin dispatching pre-orders at the end of June, however unfortunately due a minor delay pre-orders that contain the VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base are now estimated for dispatch by mid July. 

Nooooo 😭

• Like 1

For those who didn't order yet (didn't receive an email from VIRPIL), but are interested:

image.png

Guess we'll have to have a little more patience 😉 

EDIT:

Sniped by @Wychmaster 😵

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

4 hours ago, cordite said:

Which means the LH Alpha isn't actually on back-order. Good.

Well.. maybe @Thermal just received the one and only LH Alpha 😬

(congrats btw 😉)

System specs:

I placed the order on June 1.  From that date till today both items were on back order. 

My guess would be that I am not alone in ordering that collective/grip combination, and that any LH Alpha stock that has been available this month has been allocated to the one-off surge in new orders based on the collective. 

I just hope the pitch angle of the Alpha grip doesnt require to much stuffing around to make it comfortable.

Edited by Thermal