VirPil helicopter collective controls

Sokol1_br

13 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

We know many of you are eagerly anticipating the launch of the VPC Collective Controls lineup so today the VIRPIL HQ has shared a sneak peek at the upcoming controllers…

Our design team has been flying at our factory with the VPC Rotor TCS and Rotor TCS Plus Base combined with the VPC SharKa-50 Grip. The controllers are attached to our VPC Collective Chair Mount Kit offering a convenient mounting setup to a range of desk chair setups!

We hope you’re as excited as we are! Watch this space for more news soon. 

Thanks for sharing @Phantom88

I wish VIRPIL also gave a sneak preview on the expected price.

Just to get a general idea if I should at all wait for this, or don't bother and go for @K-51's design:

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 hours ago, sirrah said:

Thanks for sharing @Phantom88

I wish VIRPIL also gave a sneak preview on the expected price.

Just to get a general idea if I should at all wait for this, or don't bother and go for @K-51's design:

I have K51 for some time now. It's rough around the edges, but it works without any hickups. I believe Virpil collective will be higher quality than K51, but I don't think it will have better price/quality ratio.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So, prices:

https://virpil-controls.eu/shop/collectives.html

I wonder if there's also a Huey grip in the making... that'd be awesome

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Very tempted but I’ll wait for reviews first.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I just pre-ordered the VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base + grip

Don't expect it to arrive anytime soon, but when it does, I'll post my thoughts here

Pretty confident that I won't be disappointed though.

• Like 2

System specs:

I won't be interested in any reviews, just if there are going to be any teething problems or not.  Virpil just put a serious hurt on other more commercial collectives at that price point as I thought they would.

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

I just pre-ordered the VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base + grip

Don't expect it to arrive anytime soon, but when it does, I'll post my thoughts here

Pretty confident that I won't be disappointed though.

The Shark, or one of the others? I went for the Alpha; it should be able to accommodate most of the Apache controls.

The Blackhawk grip is expecting to going for release at the end of this year; by the way can someone please explain the differences between both VPC Rotor TCS, thanks.

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

I see, my mistake, I thought the throttle was in the grip ... thanks for answering.

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

8 hours ago, cordite said:

The Shark, or one of the others? I went for the Alpha; it should be able to accommodate most of the Apache controls.

One of the others?

I'm confused, I only see the "VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip"

Could you please copy a link here to those "other" grips?

You went for the "Alpha"?

You mean you bought a flight stick to mount on the collective? 

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

vor einer Stunde schrieb sirrah:

One of the others?

I'm confused, I only see the "VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip"

Could you please copy a link here to those "other" grips?

You went for the "Alpha"?

You mean you bought a flight stick to mount on the collective? 

You can combine the Base with some of there Joystiks, like the Alpha. im kind of liking this idea. Great for the Apache. with all that features im very impressed with the pricing 🙂 will be waiting for feedback with this combination 🙂

39 minutes ago, Grennymaster said:

You can combine the Base with some of there Joystiks, like the Alpha. im kind of liking this idea. Great for the Apache. with all that features im very impressed with the pricing 🙂 will be waiting for feedback with this combination 🙂

But, the Alpha is a right hand grip, I can't imagine it to be at all pleasant to use with your left hand. (I have both the TM Warthog and Hornet grips and, obviously, they are not meant to be used with the left hand.

Or am I missing something here? (I don't yet have any Virpil grips)

System specs:

13 minutes ago, sirrah said:

But, the Alpha is a right hand grip, I can't imagine it to be at all pleasant to use with your left hand. (I have both the TM Warthog and Hornet grips and, obviously, they are not meant to be used with the left hand.

Or am I missing something here? (I don't yet have any Virpil grips)

They have a left version too.  Not sure how the forward tilt will feel as a collective grip though.

Edited by heloguy
  • Like 1

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Here is a link to the corresponding Virpil news

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/3796-vpc-collective-controller-lineup-preorders-open-today/

vor 11 Stunden schrieb SkorpioN1606689188:

The Blackhawk grip is expecting to going for release at the end of this year; by the way can someone please explain the differences between both VPC Rotor TCS, thanks.

Damn... well Q4 is too long for me... can't wait. So it will be the Ka-50 grip and the Blackhawk will be a christmas gift to myself 🙂

29 minutes ago, Wychmaster said:

Here is a link to the corresponding Virpil news

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/3796-vpc-collective-controller-lineup-preorders-open-today/

Damn... well Q4 is too long for me... can't wait. So it will be the Ka-50 grip and the Blackhawk will be a christmas gift to myself 🙂

Wow all looking pretty sweet!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Did anyone manage to find a dimensional drawing/footprint of the mounting bracket?

(And did Virpil release a drawing with the overal dimensons?)

20210515_141612.png

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

37 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Did anyone manage to find a dimensional drawing/footprint of the mounting bracket?

(And did Virpil release a drawing with the overal dimensons?)

some dimensions available here http://www.havoc-company.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1386&p=9242#p9242

Edited by HC_Official
  • Thanks 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

59 minutes ago, Wychmaster said:

In fact they do. Just placed my order. 🙂 And now my wait begins

Lol good for you. I am going to have to resist this time around, have been spending too much on this hobby of late anyway. And if I did I would have to go in and re-learn the KA-50 and right now I have my hands full in learning the Hornet, plus I want to learn the Tomcat next.

Maybe after that...

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

12 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

That's perfect! Thanks

Now only to find (or wait for) general dimensions of the complete set

System specs:

vor 1 Minute schrieb dburne:

Lol good for you. I am going to have to resist this time around, have been spending too much on this hobby of late anyway. And if I did I would have to go in and re-learn the KA-50 and right now I have my hands full in learning the Hornet, plus I want to learn the Tomcat next.

Maybe after that...

I see, you have the same problems as I. However, I am currently switching between Hornet, A-10, and all the Helos (except for the Gazelle) a lot and feel comfortable in all of them 😉 . My next learning projects aren't released yet (hind and apache). The Tomcat is also on my list but not at a high priority.

• Like 1