VirPil helicopter collective controls

Sokol1_br

Now we just need a Cyclic with a "clutch" for trim too (and while I'm at it, pedals that stay where you leave them too :P)

But this collective is very very nice, and clever design too. 

Q: Can the mount be flipped? So that it can be mounted on top of a surface, rather than under?

• Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

On 1/10/2021 at 5:43 PM, TomOnSteam said:

Now we just need a Cyclic with a "clutch" for trim too (and while I'm at it, pedals that stay where you leave them too :P)

You can disconnect the spring on the (excellent) MFG Crosswind pedals, and you can also add a damper that gives them a very good feel and allows them to hold position. If you search the forum for MFG damper mod, you'll find several discussion threads about it. In fact apparently the next version of the MFG Crosswind pedals will come ready-made to accept a damper mod more easily. 

Additionally, a couple different forum members have developed heel-on-floor style pedals for the MFG Crosswind to replace the stock footrests that have your feet off the floor. This is a much easier configuration for helicopter flight, and consistent with the majority of real-life fixed-wing aircraft rudder pedals anyway. Again, just search the forum for MFG pedals (or combat pedals) and you should find info on both offerings. Hope that helps!

On 1/13/2021 at 1:40 AM, X-31_VECTOR said:

In fact apparently the next version of the MFG Crosswind pedals will come ready-made to accept a damper mod more easily. 

The V3 have been shipped with ready-made damper mounts for weeks. Just FYI.

1 hour ago, X-31_VECTOR said:

Cool, and thanks for the correction. On the web store (at least the English/USD$ one), I still only see the V2 pedals listed, so I wasn't sure.  

Yep, MGF hasn't had time to update it yet. There are a few differences. Another one is that the Heel Stop is removable, held on by 2 screws.

• 1 month later...

Did VIRPIL already mention a price range for these goodies?

I'm pretty sure I've seen them post expected costs (which made me fall out of my chair by the way)

But I can't find it anywhere now, also not on the VIRPIL website (maybe I just fell out of my chair in a dream and in real life, one doesn't have to sell a limb in order to get money for one of these 🤞)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 2/23/2021 at 9:16 AM, sirrah said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen them post expected costs (which made me fall out of my chair by the way)

What was the expected cost?

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

11 hours ago, JFO82 said:

What was the expected cost?

I can't recall.. Hence my question

(I might just as wel have seen an assumption from a community member)

Really hope the price will be around the price for, let's say, a TM Warthog throttle..

However, I've been around long enough to expect the price will at least be double or even triple that...

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, zcaa0g said:

I would guess 200 to 250 for the grip and 250 to 300 for the base based on their other offerings.  So under 600 for the complete package.  Of course, this is even more niche in a niche market so we'll see.

That sounds like a semi reasonable price. But considering that their simple button boxes are 250 euros plus VAT, I'd be very surprised if it's anywhere near that cheap.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:13 AM, zcaa0g said:

I would guess 200 to 250 for the grip and 250 to 300 for the base based on their other offerings.  So under 600 for the complete package.  Of course, this is even more niche in a niche market so we'll see.

I also hope the price is reasonable ........... but with a limited market for this stuff compared to normal joysticks I could see it being expensive

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

If by complete set your mean the collective and the cyclic, I think you're too optimistic. Just look at their current range of products and prices. I don't see how they could sell a niche product - meaning, very small batches of hardware being made - for a lower price than a more popular stick and throttle combo.

There are already specific controllers options for helos out there and you're near the $2.000 mark. There's a reason behind those prices, very limited quantity of products produced and sold. While I think Virpil will be able to offer a cheaper option, I can't imagine them giving away a cyclic and collective combo for $500.

You better start ordering the components you'll need to make your cyclic and collective.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

17 hours ago, admiki said:

I think you misunderstood him. My guess is that when he refers to complete set he means of base and throttle/head since those are exchangeable.

You're probably right, my bad !

• Like 2

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Fwiw: If the VIRPIL collective base + grip is anywhere above $600, I'll be going for Mikhail's collective

(so, if you're reading this @Sokol1_br, you know what to do! 😝)

• Like 3

System specs:

vor 12 Stunden schrieb tugais:

You're probably right, my bad !

no Problem dude 🙂 i wasnt precise 🙂

with the 500 mark i was thinking, the Base an the Ka 50 Grip without the Throttle part. For Base Throttle and Grip up to 1000 € should be the direktion, mabye more. Ill wait for the Prices, the Produkt looks so goood 🙂

If i fall uncouncius for the Price, ill build on my one 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We know many of you are eagerly anticipating the launch of the VPC Collective Controls lineup so today the VIRPIL HQ has shared a sneak peek at the upcoming controllers…

Our design team has been flying at our factory with the VPC Rotor TCS and Rotor TCS Plus Base combined with the VPC SharKa-50 Grip. The controllers are attached to our VPC Collective Chair Mount Kit offering a convenient mounting setup to a range of desk chair setups!

We hope you’re as excited as we are! Watch this space for more news soon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Patrick

mini.gif

2 hours ago, Wychmaster said:

Today my control panel #2 arrived and now they want to take even more of my money... 😭 damn... will definately order as soon as they are released... 🙂

Lol I have managed to resist the urge to get a control panel #2 so far.

Still have buttons available to assign on my CM3 throttle, told myself no way unless I run out of buttons and need more.

I have spent enough on this money grabbin hobby over the last few months. I need to take a break from spending for a while.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|