custom liveries folder names

peachpossum

Hello,

I run into this problem almost every time I add custom skins to a new a/c - what is the proper name for the a/c folder to place in ~Saved Gamed\DCS World\Liveries ? I've tried using the same names found in my program folder - ~DCS World\Mods\aircraft\ but this is not a surefire method to get the correct name that DCS recognizes.

The latest names that are perplexing me - the Mi-8MTV2 and the SA-342 - folders with these names placed in my ~Saved Games\DCS World\Liveries\ folder are not working.

How do I find a consistent way to figure out the proper names for the a/c Liveries folders?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
i9-9900k 3.6 GHz, 64 GB 3200 MHz ram
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
RTX 4090, Samsung 970 pro NVMe

19 minutes ago, peachpossum said:

How do I find a consistent way to figure out the proper names for the a/c Liveries folders?

All DCS aircrafts are stored on the path \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\ ... one subfolder for each aircraft.

If you now examine the folder of the Mi-8 (Mi-8MTV2), there should be a file named entry.lua ... every aircraft has one of these files.

Open the Mi-8 entry.lua with Notepad++ (or any other good text editor, Windows Notepad is not good), and you will see something like this:

z6cX4mg.jpg

The "type" variable, in the logbook section, tells you the name that the liveries folder must have. Thus for the Mi-8 the Liveries should be saved at \Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Liveries\Mi-8mt\

For the Sa-342 you will need 4 folders, one for each variant:

BDuOHfe.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes. And you'll also find the right folder name in "coremods" folder. For exemple for F18c :

C:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet

or Spitfire :

C:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\WWII Units\SpitfireLFMkIX\Liveries\SpitfireLFMkIX

and

C:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\WWII Units\SpitfireLFMkIX\Liveries\SpitfireLFMkIXCW

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 10:11 AM, Rudel_chw said:

All DCS aircrafts are stored on the path \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\ ... one subfolder for each aircraft...

Thanks man. You are one of the most helpful people on this board. I always enjoy reading your contributions.

Cheers

• Like 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 2 years later...
On 12/22/2020 at 6:11 PM, Rudel_chw said:

All DCS aircrafts are stored on the path \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\ ... one subfolder for each aircraft.

Cheers for this Rudel, three years later it's just as helpful when it's what I was looking for. 😉

• Like 1