Cycling from ATRK to PTRK I can't move the TPG cursor

razorseal

I'm having a tough time with this F18 TGP...

I find a target, then TDC left (towards MFD) and go into ATRK mode. I will do it again and go into PTRK mode to track a tank...

Now I want to track another tank next to it (or just slew the sensor)... It will not let me slew! I will TDC left, get out of PTRK mode where there are no modes now, yet the TGP cursor won't slew! if I undesignate... forget about it, I go back to designated area and completely lost where I was.

I've watched all the youtube videos on this and still lost. Best one I keep referencing to is by Redkite. I'm doing exactly what he does (picks a target, goes to PTRK then gets out of that mode and is able to slew) where I'm locked in!!!

What am I doing wrong? Please help me. Driving me nuts!

I know you say you've watched all the videos, but are you sure you've watched this one by Wags (64) DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Targeting Pod Offset - YouTube?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Firstly it sounds like you're getting TDC mixed up with the Sensor Control Switch. The TDC is used to slew the TPOD and the Sensor Control Switch to cycle its modes.
Here are a few things you should try when you get stuck in the position you describe:
-Press TDC Depress and a central diamond should appear on the FLIR page, indicating the TPOD will slew when you use the TDC buttons/axis.

-Make sure there is a diamond with a dot inside on the top-right hand corner of your FLIR page, this ensures the TPOD is able to slew.
-Press the button for 'Sensor Control Switch Right' when you're in PTRK mode, this should send you straight back into the slew mode with the diamond in the middle of the FLIR Page.

One fix can be to press the 'Undesignate/NWS' button and then TDC Depress but as you say this doesn't work for you as it just slews the TPOD back to its default position, hope this helps.

Edited by AlexGB

Ok, so here is where I was getting confused I think. Still not the best at it, but I got it mostly figured out.

I would pick a wp and then designate it. It then slews the tpod to that designated TGT.

this is where my problem was. I wasn't then designating it once again by using TDC depress.