AI Dora pilot is invincible

Silent Film

I fly a Mustang, and I dogfight mostly AI Dora, then some AI Mustang, and little AI Kurfürst. Against Kurfürst it is the most easy to kill the AI pilot in a dogfight. Against Mustang it is possible but not often. But against Dora, it is impossible to kill the AI pilot during a dogfight. It must be some bug or a glitch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I read the starting post I wondered if something had changed so I decided to check. Now, I don't normally fly the P-51, I fly on the Hun side. So I needed to get a test flight on the pony just to re-learn how it behaves. Then I flew a mission against the Shrike that had pilot skill set to Ace. And yes, it was not the easiest fight because the Shrike has a powerful engine, but I shot it down without taking any hit myself. And I marvel at the accuracy of the Pony's gun sight. When I fly the Dora or the Kurfürst, I can never kill a bandit with so few rounds at that distance. Also the Pony can be trimmed for aileron and even rudder, while the shrike has only elevator trim. The Pony is a top-notch fighter in this sim, and if you cannot defeat an AI Shrike you probably need more practice and learn tactics.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

14 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

When I read the starting post I wondered if something had changed so I decided to check. Now, I don't normally fly the P-51, I fly on the Hun side. So I needed to get a test flight on the pony just to re-learn how it behaves. Then I flew a mission against the Shrike that had pilot skill set to Ace. And yes, it was not the easiest fight because the Shrike has a powerful engine, but I shot it down without taking any hit myself. And I marvel at the accuracy of the Pony's gun sight. When I fly the Dora or the Kurfürst, I can never kill a bandit with so few rounds at that distance. Also the Pony can be trimmed for aileron and even rudder, while the shrike has only elevator trim. The Pony is a top-notch fighter in this sim, and if you cannot defeat an AI Shrike you probably need more practice and learn tactics.

Lol, maybe I didn't write it clear what I meant, I was talking about killing the AI pilot, and not shooting down the plane, roflmfao. 😂 Of course I shoot AI Dora down with Mustang like 99% of time. Now I even managed to kill the pilot also, so it seems that they have changed something, but it would be nice if they write "we changed it", so that I can say "thank you".