The Lockheed F-80C Shooting Star!

Carrier capable

Fully armed.

Lots of fun!

All in a single package!

I thank him for his brilliant work and contribution to 

the VSN stable.

Please note,

He has a  Small surprise for Christmas  using this aircraft.

Stay tuned........

https://filehorst.de/downloadQueue.php?file=dIIjyHzG&fhuid=X4rVj24aBV5WpL2W3YOAPryNqkk9IONF

Link to additional Mods posted below.

See post

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=d6PcdqGH

Link to the livery templet.

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=dOPQRsPm

New version.

"VSN_F80C v2.5.6.05 FC3 SFM"

New:
- Standart Tanks New Link and Right.
- Misawa Tanks New Link and Right.
- Fletcher Tanks text alignment adjusted.

(The tanks rarely actually work with any version)

https://filehorst.de/download.php?file=dyaJydki

Enjoy!

Screen_201230_145239.jpg

Screen_201230_150548.jpg

F80C-05.jpg

F80C-06.jpg

F80C-02.jpg

F80C-07.jpg

F80C-01.jpg

F80C-03.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 3

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Looks really pretty, I will surely use it as AI friendly flights on my F-86 missions and as opposition to the MIg-15. I might even teach myself livery making, so I can get a chilean F-80C 😄

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

20 minutes ago, reece146 said:

Now we need the T-33! 😀

I'd rather use what we have been graciously given, before asking for more 🙂  .. here is how it looks as companion aircraft to my F-86:

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

13 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Hello Rudel_chw! Your enthusiasm has no limits, that's why I quickly decided to create your desired F-80C Chile Paints for Christmas. Merry Christmas and then upload a picture. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time anymore.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8wgi9r63bn7u0j/VSN_F80C_Chile.rar?dl=0

thanks a lot, you are so kind to have done this without me even asking 👍 ... here is a pic of chile’s shooting stars, for those that haven’t seen it 🙂

108_4.jpg

Kobra Has delivered a gift for under all your Christmas trees!

These two mods add functionality to other aircraft modules.

Please make note!

These two mods are to be installed into the MAIN DCS folder.

NOT the saved games folder.

First up,

The F-80 for the F-86.

This mod contains the added tech of the F-80 and

adds it to the F-86!

Included in this mod in the F-80 mod itself so the other F-80 mod saved game version is not needed.

Secondly,

The F-35 mod to add the tech from the F-35 to the AV-8b!

Also installed in the main DCS folder.

He wishes you all a very Merry Christmas!

Enjoy!

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=d6PcdqGH

@doc3908

I just clicked the link.

I does work.

You must click the second link in the box, and wait for the download link to appear.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Downloaded the files. Are there any instructions as to how to install the files. I have placed the F86 folder in the directory  C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft, but when I ataet DCS I cannot find the F-80C. An iconic plane that I would like to fly. Any help is appreciated

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

On 12/24/2020 at 6:13 AM, Hawkeye60 said:

These two mods are to be installed into the MAIN DCS folder.

NOT the saved games folder.

First up,

The F-80 for the F-86.

This mod contains the added tech of the F-80 and

adds it to the F-86!

Included in this mod in the F-80 mod itself so the other F-80 mod saved game version is not needed.

I just installed the F-80 Mod in my MAIN DCS Folder:  \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\   After that I was able to select and Fly the F-80 in the Mission Editor.  Hope that helps.   

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I put mine in C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft, as you said and it's now the only one with a cockpit.

However, following the advice above to put it in the main folder,I moved it, cut/paste to the c\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Open Beta\MODS, then Core Mods, then Demo Mods, and it was disabled on each attempt.

I've put it back to the original that you mentioned and it's working, suggest you download again and insert.

Sad the latest update may have scrambled the cockpits and will hopefully wait for VSN to resolve. Did updates from the DE:\Host files site, but no change. 

So glad the models are still available as they are the eye candy on most of my bases.

First post up-dated.

Link to livery templet.

For other VSN aircraft as well.

Installed in the main Eagle Dynamics Directory after the latest updates from Eagle Dynamics so that the directories/files were installed into the existing core mods and mods directory and the F-80 is mpw available - many thanks

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

29 minutes ago, claw said:

For me the wingtip tanks don't show up. I can add them (and weapons) in the ME menu but only the weapons show. No tanks. Did I miss something?

Same here..  Thanks. 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

First post up-dated.

New version.

"VSN_F80C v2.5.6.05 FC3 SFM"

New:
- Standart Tanks New Link and Right.
- Misawa Tanks New Link and Right.
- Fletcher Tanks text alignment adjusted.

(The tanks rarely actually work with any version)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did a reinstal of DCS and redownloaded the F80. I have tried to place the VSN_F80C folder in:

C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft - the F80C could be seen in mission editor as a selectable aircraft but when attempting to fly only the map is displayed with F80 Icon moving

Next

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Open Beta\MODS\Aircraft - the F80C was not displayed in Mission Editor

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Open Beta\CoreMods\Aircraft- the F80C was not displayed in Mission Editor

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Open Beta\DemoMods\Aircraft- the F80C was not displayed in Mission Editor

Clearly I am doing something wrong and would appreciate assistance in getting access to the shooting star.

Thanks

Edited by Lynchsl62