Wonderful times

VitS

All settings low, single player alone in the high sky ? 😄

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

2 hours ago, VitS said:

I didn't believe this could happen, but the day has come. DCS runs at 90 fps in VR, doesn't have any jaggies and I can read every single thing in cockpit. These were truly wonderful times!

Care to elaborate?

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

7 hours ago, VitS said:

I didn't believe this could happen, but the day has come. DCS runs at 90 fps in VR, doesn't have any jaggies and I can read every single thing in cockpit. These were truly wonderful times!

You said 'were' truly wonderful times. Was this a dream by any chance?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I just got my new system up and running and can vouch for this.

Running a Ryzen 5900x, 32Gb RAM @4000, RTX3080 and Samsung 980 Pro NVME drive on a X570 Aorus Master. Yes it's expensive as hell but does the trick. 

Can run your typical instant action mission with 90FPS on a Reverb G2. For the settings I choose the VR preset and upped the pretty much everything one or two notches. Left stuff like motion blur, heat blur, msaa off. With the Reverb G2 you dont need any anti aliasing. 

13 hours ago, DutchJackal said:

Running a Ryzen 5900x, 32Gb RAM @4000, RTX3080 and Samsung 980 Pro NVME drive on a X570 Aorus Master. Yes it's expensive as hell but does the trick. 

Can run your typical instant action mission with 90FPS on a Reverb G2. For the settings I choose the VR preset and upped the pretty much everything one or two notches. Left stuff like motion blur, heat blur, msaa off. With the Reverb G2 you dont need any anti aliasing. 

Is this with 100% SS or ~50% SS?

Thanks in advance.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

On 12/23/2020 at 5:23 AM, DutchJackal said:

You think Ryzen is maybe a better choice than intel then these days?

What I am interested to know is not how it performs on a few instant action missions but how it performs generally? Can you hold a constant 90 (or rather a smooth performance) in any mission? Those IA missions are ussually pretty basic I found and the problems tend to start when you get into some of the more advanced and proffesionally made content, which is a real shame because that is where the sim really begins to get interesting. I would love for example to be able to play all of the WW2 campaigns without any glaring performance drops but I don't want to spoil them for myself and play them before the performance is there. Have/can you try some of the WW2 campaigns (if you own them) and see how they perform? I'm not really interested in FPS to be honest just if it feels smooth to fly. I just got great performance on my index over normandy with quite a lot of stuff (dogfights etc) going on, but it doesn't compare to a real campaign.  Haven't flown my spit for a while though, and man I forgot how great it is to fly. Especially with my new buttkicker!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

15 hours ago, Wolf8312 said:

What I am interested to know is not how it performs on a few instant action missions but how it performs generally? Can you hold a constant 90 (or rather a smooth performance) in any mission? Those IA missions are ussually pretty basic I found and the problems tend to start when you get into some of the more advanced and proffesionally made content, which is a real shame because that is where the sim really begins to get interesting. I would love for example to be able to play all of the WW2 campaigns without any glaring performance drops but I don't want to spoil them for myself and play them before the performance is there. Have/can you try some of the WW2 campaigns (if you own them) and see how they perform? I'm not really interested in FPS to be honest just if it feels smooth to fly. I just got great performance on my index over normandy with quite a lot of stuff (dogfights etc) going on, but it doesn't compare to a real campaign.  Haven't flown my spit for a while though, and man I forgot how great it is to fly. Especially with my new buttkicker!

I own some of the warbirds. No paid campaigns for them though. I'll see what I can come up with for you.

As for Intel vs. AMD yes I think AMD is the better choice now. Just read some of the reviews for the Ryzen 5000 series.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:29 PM, Wolf8312 said:

Just tested the D-Day instant mission for the F-16. I has a lot of AI-units and smoke effects. FPS is high 50s low 60s there.