GBU 31 with penetration warhead and delay destroying hardened shelter but not plane inside?

gulredrel

Hello,

I did several flights with the F-18 using GBU 31 / 3 (the one with the penetration capability and delayed fuzing)

I dropped them at hardened aircraft shelters at Mezzeh Airport Syria map from around 25000 ft. Direct hits, the shelters were destroyed, but the MiG-21 uncontrolled aircraft parking in there do not show any damage. Are the MiGs made of reinforced concrete? 🤣

Is this a known phenomenon or how can I destroy the objects inside shelters?

For a track replay, I need to recreate my mission, removing some ground equipment mod.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks

Jens

Screen_201220_210722.png

• Like 1

Oh yes, the Mig-21. That's good Soviet craftmanship. Almost indestructible. :worthy:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Stalinium is the word you are looking for 😉

Currently DCS doesn't model the kind of damage you are looking for. the Blast is only applied to the shelter object itself. Would be amazing to see in the sim someday, but if you are looking to destroy the aircraft inside you have to angle the desired munition into the entrance of the shelter. 

Edited by Repth

Thanks for the fast answers.

Im on DCS/2.5.6.55960 stable version.

I know for the JDAM (JSOW as well?) on the F-18 there are parameters for bomb direction, velocity and angle on impact. Do they work? I guess this would be the method to aim at the shelter's entrance.

Thanks

Jens

On 12/21/2020 at 9:36 PM, gulredrel said:

I know for the JDAM (JSOW as well?) on the F-18 there are parameters for bomb direction, velocity and angle on impact. Do they work? I guess this would be the method to aim at the shelter's entrance.

Thanks

Jens

In Open Beta, terminal parameters are added for the JDAMs on the F-18 (the HSI DLZ does not yet change to reflect changes), but not the JSOWs yet.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro