Warthog Maverick 65s won't lock on moving targets.

michelip

Can anyoneplease help me with a Maverick problem that is driving me crazy when trying to hit moving targets..

Although I can easily use the Mav seeker head alone to acquire a target, I have never succeeded in using TGP to create an SPI and slave the Mavs. Here is what happens:

*With Master arm and TGP switches on, Mav 65 Ds are selected from DSMS screen.

*TGP is opened and made SOI. Diamond is slewed just ahead of Tgt. and then TMS up short to get area and then POINT tracking. This succeeds and      TGP tracker moves with target. 

Next steps:

* TMS up long to make TGP an SPI (only if it isn't already).

* China hat forward long to slave Mav to SPI

* Make Mav a SOI and adjust the lock if necessary. 

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Hi some1 ,

Thank you for your help. For some reason my post yesterday was incomplete, and the problem was that when I slaved MAV to TGP SPI, locked and fired  the Mav. always hit at the ground point where the moving target was when missile was fired, so it loses lock on firing. I wonder if the procedure in DCS Beta is different from DCS Stable, because I have been trying it only on Stable.

Regards,

Mich.

Edited by michelip