I prefer the old white dots than what we have now (DCS 2.5.6.59398 Open Beta)

greco.bernardi

Sorry, Its feels like a temporal loop 🙂

Its now hard to see anything in a VR again.

I dont know what is the betther solution but now is not fun to fly again with ww2 warbirds in DCS.

I Fly all time with WW2 planes in Storm of War server and If you can't see a ship before be almost on coast line ... how can i see a plane?

I know that the white dots have inverse problem...you can see everyone on great distance but now...

Feels like a problem with a view object cliping parameters, because the ships disaper on few distance.

I have a oculus rift cv1 using 1.4 PD...a GTX 1080 and a lot of ram.

Edited by greco.bernardi
  • Thanks 1

• greco.bernardi changed the title to I prefer the old white dots than what we have now (DCS 2.5.6.59398 Open Beta)

I don´t know if its possible, but if we can have a dot color like a mix of the colors of plane camouflage it will looks great.

We will have a functional camouflage on planes on great distance and correct color to another vehicles and navy objects.

Now we have in the liveries the texture map of warbird, numbers maps and a description text file. If we can have a dot color map too in the liveries, we will have a correct color for each camouflage and not a generic color for all.

Would that be possible?

Edited by greco.bernardi
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 6:39 PM, NineLine said:

We have some new dots that are neutral grey and black that should be coming soon. I hope the next update. Thanks

That is a relief, those white dots had transformed my enjoyment levels with VR in DCS, using a Rift S on a meaty system with high detail.....was a shock to lose them in the last update, glad to hear something will come back in its place, I had always "assumed" it was just some slightly amplified reflection settings for us VR users lol, didn't even realise it was a bug, but always thought of it as a feature 😛