DCS will not allow access to modules

taxman 1

• taxman 1 changed the title to DCS will not allow access to modules

You have an error 403 (HTTP code for "forbidden"):

2020-12-20 23:32:55.439 ERROR   NET: Login failed because of an invalid username or password.
2020-12-20 23:32:55.715 ERROR   DCS: Login failed with code 403
2020-12-20 23:34:26.654 ERROR   NET: Login failed because of an invalid username or password.
2020-12-20 23:34:26.920 ERROR   DCS: Login failed with code 403
2020-12-20 23:34:32.196 WARNING DCS: Login was cancelled, offline auth is not available.

1. Go here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/
  2. Click "Login"
  3. Enter your login and password, then click "Authorize" button
  4. If it works, it should work ingame as well
  5. If it doesn't work, go here to retrieve your credentials (you will need to provide a valid login or email)

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

8 hours ago, Flappie said:

You have an error 403 (HTTP code for "forbidden"):

2020-12-20 23:32:55.439 ERROR   NET: Login failed because of an invalid username or password.
2020-12-20 23:32:55.715 ERROR   DCS: Login failed with code 403
2020-12-20 23:34:26.654 ERROR   NET: Login failed because of an invalid username or password.
2020-12-20 23:34:26.920 ERROR   DCS: Login failed with code 403
2020-12-20 23:34:32.196 WARNING DCS: Login was cancelled, offline auth is not available.

1. Go here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/
  2. Click "Login"
  3. Enter your login and password, then click "Authorize" button
  4. If it works, it should work ingame as well
  5. If it doesn't work, go here to retrieve your credentials (you will need to provide a valid login or email)

I did 1.  My "Login" is working.  I did 3. everything checks out.

Went to 5.  it states "You are registered and successfully logged in"

Here is what my DCS Login states after I start DCS from my desk top short cut, "DCS Login Failed Invalid Username or Password"

I wonder, in order to play DCS I am using DCS_Updater short cut from my desk top, could that be the problem?

I will as well check my check my DCS install and try to launch from there.

Edited by taxman 1
Added text

+1
Can't access modules manager. Action taken: Update, repair all, delate save games. 
Some modules are visible, some don't and no icon to access modules in top menu. My nick is displayed so log in was correct. I can login to servers.

6 hours ago, Glow said:

+1
Can't access modules manager. Action taken: Update, repair all, delate save games. 
Some modules are visible, some don't and no icon to access modules in top menu. My nick is displayed so log in was correct. I can login to servers.

Same here.  We should open support tickets, I will be able to later today. 

Oh boy what a brain fart.  I am now able to get all my mods.  What happened is that with the up date to the forums I changed my user name by a space.  I thought that by using the same log in it should work for launching DCS, however that was not the case.  I then changed my log in name back to my original user name and now it works.

Thanks, sorted out now.

Im using Open Beta on a top of Steam Open Beta install. Just to have Steam overlay with screenshots galleries and in game hours counted. The Steam servers are pretty fast too. you can download some large updates from Steam and then just to use repair to have it converted to Standalone Open Beta in much shorter time.

Full guide about this.

I hope that Devs will not take this possibility away.

I had to delete the file in DCS-steam folder at: "(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld\Config\retail.cfg" witch is use by Steam version to id itself - and to lock module manager. Steam use some it's own fancy dlc menu instead.