MFG Crosswind F-16 combat pedals

rel4y

NEW BAREFOOT STUFF in the shed.

I have printed millitary green color P-51´s for the MFGs.

Just send a pm if you want it. 3 pairs avail.

P51_2.jpg

Edited by trace

Received my new F16 Combat Pedals - they look great and feel quite solid!.

I have a damper mod kit coming from Milan at MFG, I may wait till I have it and install both at the same time.

I also have the softer spring coming from Milan that may work better with these pedals and also the damper.

yAFVDq4.jpg

6j68Oeu.jpg

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

Pedals are now on and looking good.

However I have a new issue. I had the Crosswinds mounted to just the base of a wheel stand pro. This would result with these pedals being a bit too high with heels on floor, so I have removed the Crosswinds from that base and just sitting on the floor.

Now I need to come up with a solution to keep them in place.  I used velcro in the past but was a bit messy when removing them to put my racing gear in.  Got a round of golf here shortly so will try and figure something out for flying tomorrow.

aHRJx0A.jpg

Edited by dburne
  • Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

Ok so got a  couple of pieces of ceramic tile that worked pretty good putting between the pedal frame and back of my desk frame so they should stay put.

The pedals themselves are still a tad high, so not sure heels on floor will work with these. And I have pretty large feet. Will likely be putting feet on the pedals to operate.

Will get some flying in with them tomorrow and see how I do.

Also have the damper kit as well as a new soft main spring for the pedals coming from MFG. Hoping that soft spring helps some as well.

My gaming chair has rollers and might be a little tougher due to that, may have to come up with a way to fix the rollers in place.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Ok so got a set of 2.5" dia. lockable caster wheels coming should be here Friday. As long as they fit my AK Racing gaming chair ok should do the trick for me, will help a bunch.

Did not get to spend any time flying today, was dealing with my CM3 return for repair and having to get Warthog throttle set back up for the meantime.

Maybe by Saturday I will get some good time in with the new footrests on the Crosswinds.

Anxious to get back in to some campaign flying in the Hornet.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Hello dburne,

sounds fantastic and looking forward for your intensive flying experience on Saturday. Hope you will find your own comfortable postion with your new setup.

Best regards

trace

On 4/1/2021 at 1:09 PM, trace said:

Hello dburne,

sounds fantastic and looking forward for your intensive flying experience on Saturday. Hope you will find your own comfortable postion with your new setup.

Best regards

trace

Also got notice today my Damper Kit for the Crosswinds from MFG will be delivered later today.

So hopefully I can get it all set up for some flying tomorrow. I also ordered a soft main spring from MFG coming with it too.

Don B

@dburne

if I would have known that you will need some stuff from Milan I could have organized it to keep total shipping cost low, like I did before for someone else.

@crazysundog

made a "nightshift" 😎 your F-16 pedals are printed.👍

Edited by trace

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Bonjour MelkorBorgir,

I just read that you would like to have a set of combat pedals.

Which kind you prefere?

P51_2.jpgP51 

F-16ped1 - Kopie.jpg F-16 ?

Just send a PM to me. I print them on demand.

Best regards trace

Edited by trace
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has anybody compared these with the use of the TM TPR? I'm on the fence whether to get MFG Crosswind + F-16 combat pedals or TM TPR... the MFG Crosswind looks like their have a higher level of quality engineering - yet the TPR appear to have like 10x higher degree of precision according to their specs. 

From reading the forum it seems like people find their are able to make more precise movements compared to having the full foot on the pedals. 

I9900KF@5Ghz, 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, 4K mon.

I had Crosswinds (without combat pedals) and TPRs and preferred the TPRs due to their unique mounting mechanism. Build quality was equally fine.

Edited by tintifaxl
  • Like 2

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, Palit RTX 2080 TI, 1 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Thank you for the fast reply! 

I will see if I somehow can fit them under my desk... I got this kind of a cross bar that holds cables which will block the TPR to be pushed enough back I think. 

• Like 1

I9900KF@5Ghz, 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, 4K mon.