multiple monitors? or giant screen?

I have seen, in the past, many screens of people with various screens configurations and a wondering what is the best possibility for updating my setup?

three screens with triple head to go seem great but have a FOV problem if I am not mistaken?

2 screens left and right is easy enough to setup but leaves with a thick black plastic stripe in the middle of the image, no?

I am considering buying a very large LCD (those beautiful Samsung 305T 30'' with 2560X1600 resolution... Will LOFC be playable at this resolution? And what VIDcard can handle this resolution with a decent FPS in LO?

thanks

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

I'd go Large screen If I were U, but I'm not, so I'll keep playing LOFC on a 17" CRT

:cry:

Triple head to go indeed has this screenframe issue, perhaps good and realistic if flying Airbus in FS series but I believe it's a large GPU performance burden. Imagine 3 screens running LOFC on a 1600*1050 resolution. U'll need SLI or Crossfire of top notch GPUs to have something out of it!

However, it may not be the case, it's just my assumption!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can delete plastic frames on LCDs (leave only same flat monitor without frame) and "stick" close as possible both, and the black stripe issue disappear.

About large monitors... hmmm 30" with 2560X1600. I f I were you I rather would choose large option... but maybe would you like to buy example 50" with 1920x1080 resolution TV? You can always plugin to PC and you gain much larger area. Resolution also isn't small, it would be good if you would have chance to test few things (example by friend who works in market or who has big TV) and choose what is best for you.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

i would say that a large lcd like 30 inch would required dual-dvi interface, with a resolution around 2560x1600,

that is massive and similar to the triplehead res as far as pixel count goes, actuallly i think the 30" is greater.

as for the th2go bezel gaps between screens, you main

focus is on the centre screen, once engulfed in flying etc,

its like what lines, racing games are the same.

either way a nice new powerful pc will be needed to feed the beast.

Thanks guys for all replies.

I am thinking about all this...

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Seamless Multipanel Display

I have a long term project in mind that will remove the annoying gap in multipanel displays such as with the TrippleHeadToGo system.

Has anyone ever considered a planar type display with more than two monitors.

Let me explain this seamless multipanel display approach.

Place the Left and Right monitors in their conventional positions. The middle monitor is placed in a virtual manner by using a semi-reflective beamsplitter arrangement (as seen with planar 3d over-under displays), with the middle display being located horizontally or so above the viewing box.

The middle display image can be easily mirrored in software using Ultramon, to make the reflected image appear normally in the centre monitor position.

Furthermore, the finer alignment of images can be assisted with the Nvidia software. In the nvidia control panel, use the projector feature for horizontally and vertically aligning multiple projector images. There is an adjustable overlap feature with rolloff calibration to smooth the transition between screens.

I expect a video card capable of displaying four monitors is required. This capability is becoming common in video cards.

The attractive aspects of this concept are:

[1] Can use cheap LCD or CRT hardware

[2] Flexibility of LCD size, aspect ratio and panelling layout.

[3] Beamsplitter glass is readily available.

It is essentially the same as architectural glass (with twin glass sheets and reflective layer in the middle)

[4] The concept can be extended to more than three monitors in an over/under planar arrangement. This potentially means wide panoramic displays can be built.

[5] There is the potential for application with 3D shutterglasses.

Thanks for your interest.