[SOLVED] TDC Axis Behavior in INS mode behaviour

SGT Coyle

OB 2.5.6.59398

Removed all Deadzone, Scalling, and set Saturation to 100%.

In game setup: 

1. Instant Action Mission "Free Flight", 
  2. pull right of waypoint, wings level, AFC engaged
  3. DMT off, 

Actions to Perform to replicate:

1. Press SSS forward (Left Alt U by default)
  2. Press and release TDC Down Action (N by default)
  3. Press TDC right (X axis Right on TDC)  Observe INS Designation travel Right on HUD ---Correct
  4. Press TDC down (Y axis Down on TDC)  Observe Slow and Mixed Axis travel in INS Designation HUD ---Weird
  5. Press TDC left (X axis Left on TDC)  Observe INS Designation travel Left on HUD ---Correct
  6. Press TDC up (Y axis Up on TDC)  Observe Slow and Mixed Axis travel in INS Designation HUD ---Weird

Track File is provided and follows Steps to be performed as stated above.

TDC Axis INS FUBAR.trk

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] TDC Axis Behavior in INS mode behaviour
  • 4 weeks later...

Confirm this behaiour is still occurring? Esure you have the corrrect sensor brought up for the TDC to slew correctly. Also note that the TDC in INS on the MAP will move in polar coords and not relative to the a/c

• Like 1

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Yes.

This still and issue 2.6.59625

Before I started with DMT off.  SSS Forward for INS Mode.  Use Slew TDC to get Diamond on HUD.
NOW-

Start with DMT off.  SSS Forward for INS Mode.  Use TDC to slew, NO Diamond on HUD.

Turned DMT ON.  SSS Aft twice for DMT TV Mode.  Use TDC to slew, as screwed up as that is, there is a box in the HUD.

Turn DMT OFF.   SSS Forward for INS Mode.  Diamond appears in HUD right away and slews ass described in OP

TDC Axis INS FUBAR II.trk

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [REPORTED] TDC Axis Behavior in INS mode behaviour

So the TDC should move the Target Designation (TD) on all sensors (HUD, TPOD, DMT, Map) in INS mode by polar coordinates (North, East, South, West)?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 7:55 AM, Fri13 said:

So the TDC should move the Target Designation (TD) on all sensors (HUD, TPOD, DMT, Map) in INS mode by polar coordinates (North, East, South, West)?

yes is it behaving correctly for you? Also, are you using the TDC slew on an axis or from a keybind?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I have it on the axis and as well on buttons.

I think you meant with "polar coordinates" as relative to the display, like if one moves the TDC to left, then the TD moves to left on the map. And if TDC to up, then TD moves up on the map. This regardless is the map set to TRUE NORTH or MAGNETIC NORTH, or is the aircraft rotating or map rotating?

My problem is that the TD jumps around based to TPOD gimbal axis, so at some points I can't cross aircraft position from left to right without TD jumping around the aircraft and maintain a longish distance to it. Usually it moves nicely smoothly over the aircraft. So for some reason it seems that INS system is locked to TPOD gimbal, instead TPOD being slaved to INS.

As well there seems to be a problem with the display zoom if in AUTO, as the map stays stationary at original scale and TDC slewing axis goes just wonky as it is like going for larger scale sizes.
As well the TD movement becomes slower further you slew it, as the TDC speed is not relative to the display but it is relative to ground, so example if at 5 nmi map scale it is fairly fast to slew around, then at 25 nmi scale it is much slower as the TD moves at the same ground speed as it would be in 5 nmi. And if going to even larger scale, it basically stops there as TD movement is same as at 5 nmi. Where I think it should be relative to display size (similar like the Hornet TDC is on radar scope, regardless is the scope range scale set to 10, 20, 40, 80 or 160 nmi).

The INS system seems to be locked to ground as well to TPOD gimbal.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, SGT Coyle said:

OB 2.5.66.60966

Seems to be resolved, although I have issue with slew speed.  I will endeavor to try different axis settings (saturation, deadzone, curve)
Left and right keybinds are still inverted.  as stated in this thread.

The slewing speed is a common problem with the ARBS/TV and INS modes, they do not move at the proper speeds or have the Action function (high speed, and non-action slow speed).

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 1:41 PM, Fri13 said:

The slewing speed is a common problem with the ARBS/TV and INS modes, they do not move at the proper speeds or have the Action function (high speed, and non-action slow speed).

Been this way since release. Countless reports on the action/no action toggle not functional

5 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Been this way since release. Countless reports on the action/no action toggle not functional

I don't know about the toggle as in real pilot needs to press and hold TDC Down to have it in Action Mode.

But at least in one time that Action mode worked properly that pressing Down made the TV box move faster and you got the larger and wider TV box indicator on HUD.

Why did it stop working again and was not fixed again, that is the question.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 5:26 AM, Shrike88 said:

The next update should be adding that functionality back, but for some very odd reason Razbam has decided to make the default mode unrealistic and improper by making TDC work in "TDC Action" mode all the time. 

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [SOLVED] TDC Axis Behavior in INS mode behaviour