[SOLVED] INS Mode TDC Keyboard Mapping Inverted or Missing

SGT Coyle

OB 2.5.6.59398

Keyboard mapping is inverted or missing for TDC slewing in INS designation.

OK I've remapped my TDC slewing to my arrow keys.  I have cleared my TDC Axis mapping.  I am going through the most recent pocket guide provided in the OB 2.5.6.59398

In game setup: 

1. Instant Action Mission "Free Flight", 
  2. pull right of waypoint, wings level, AFC engaged
  3. DMT off, 

Actions to Perform to replicate:

1. Press SSS forward (Left Alt U by default)
  2. Press and release TDC Down Action (N by default)
  3. Press TDC right (Right Arrow in this example)  Observe INS Designation travel Left on HUD ---Inverted
  4. Press TDC down (Down Arrow in this example)  Observe No travel in INS Designation HUD ---Missing
  5. Press TDC left (Left Arrow in this example)  Observe INS Designation travel RIGHT on HUD ---Inverted
  6. Press TDC up (Up Arrow in this example)  Observe No travel in INS Designation HUD ---Missing

Slewing with TDC in INS mode does occur, but not very well.  TCD Left and Right slewing is inverted.  TDC Up and Down not working at all.  These are Keyboard commands not Axis.  When enabled, Axis commands do not work at all.   

I started this with DMT off because I was having issues with the TDC TV mode slewing qulity.  So I wanted to isolate this to INS (HUD).  INS slewing has issues with or without DMT on or off.  If you make an INS designation and SSS Aft, DMT TV is slewed to INS position and DMT TV will slew as expected.  The HUD indication is still messed up beyond all recognition as reported in another thread.

Track File is provided and follows Steps to be performed as stated above.

TDC INS FUBAR.trk

Edit:
Rechecked axis after removing all dead zones, scaling, and set 100% saturation.

Edited by SGT Coyle
Re-checked Axis commands

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• SGT Coyle changed the title to INS Mode TDC Keyboard Mapping Inverted or Missing
  • 4 weeks later...

Confirm the keybinds are still inverted? Note that the SS needs to be correctly set to either INS/ MAP/ MAv/ TPOD in order for them to correctly function. Also of note when in INS, the SLEw is in reference to polar coodrds and not refferenced from the aircraft.

• Like 1

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] INS Mode TDC Keyboard Mapping Inverted or Missing
  • 3 weeks later...

Still issue in 2.5.6.60645

Keyboard commands are still inverted.

On 1/13/2021 at 6:31 AM, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

Note that the SS needs to be correctly set to either INS/ MAP/ MAv/ TPOD in order for them to correctly function. Also of note when in INS, the SLEw is in reference to polar coodrds and not refferenced from the aircraft.

Can you explain what is wrong with my directions for reproducing I provided?

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [REPORTED] INS Mode TDC Keyboard Mapping Inverted or Missing
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [SOLVED] INS Mode TDC Keyboard Mapping Inverted or Missing