Switching bogey lock in the Mirage

Brainfreeze

Hi,

when multiple bogeys fly together and I lock on one of them using the VTB and TDC, I often have a need to switch to another of these bogeys (after they break formation one may become a bigger threat to me)...  Is there a way to 'cycle' through them in the mirage?  selecting the new one on the VTB is just too slow and you need to keep your eyes on the bandit.

At the moment I end up breaking lock and using the weapons command to switch to boresight mode and try to reacquire automatically but it is not working well for me 😞

How do you do it? 

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

22 minutes ago, Brainfreeze said:

Hi,

when multiple bogeys fly together and I lock on one of them using the VTB and TDC, I often have a need to switch to another of these bogeys (after they break formation one may become a bigger threat to me)...  Is there a way to 'cycle' through them in the mirage?  selecting the new one on the VTB is just too slow and you need to keep your eyes on the bandit.

At the moment I end up breaking lock and using the weapons command to switch to boresight mode and try to reacquire automatically but it is not working well for me 😞

How do you do it? 

No, there is no "cycle" command.

You have to break lock then lock the new one.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Damn.  Pretty tough in tensed and close situations.  And with the automatic lock...chances are you lock someone on your side 😞  tough to know 3 or 4 miles out with no labels

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

If you are fighting with the Magic,

use the Nav Update / Magic unlock control and a square (Vertical Narrow Search) will appear in the upper hud. Try to get to the desired target. If it gets locked again to an undesired aircraft (like a friendly), unlock again.

I have my unlock control programmed in the keyboard ⌨️ for U, which is not used by default in the Mirage.

There are other ways.

Check the page 138 in Chuck's Guide. Or better check the full part 9

If you are fighting with the 530, use the SVI or Spirale close combat hud modes. CMD forward - aft.

Unlock with the depress button. Page 106.

I also re-lock on with the TDC  caret in the radar, provided the bunch is not all over me