So looking at the 2021 and beyond trailer and the Discord FAQ summary, is it save to assume the AH-1 is off the table? 😔

Modules: UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MT, SA342M Gazelle, Mirage 2000C, A-10C(II), L-39, MiG-21, F-86, MiG-15, Hawk T.1 (RIP), C-101 Aviojet, Bf 109K, F-5E Tiger II, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AJS-37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier II NA, FC3, Black Shark 2, F/A-18C Hornet, Community A-4E Skyhawk, F-14 Tomcat, Fw 190-A8, Christen Eagle II, F-16C Viper, JF-17, P-47

Hardware: i7-9700k @ 4,8 GHz, GTX 1080, 32 GB, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek pedals, 28" BenQ, TM Cougar MFDs with 11,3" screen

Wouldn't be the first...

F-16 and AH-64 were teased with WIP cockpit pictures in 2008 I think. Apparently full fidelity Su-27 was in consideration at some point before getting a big 'ol "nope". F-4E, which still infuriates me is another example. Since 2013, the date I got into DCS, I think  have heard AH-1 in dev, AH-1 not in dev cycle happen like 3-4 times.

Seeing as an Apache is coming, I wouldn't expect to see Cobra from ED for a few years at least, and Kate's response about Cobra seem to say just that. But on the positive side, it may still be a consideration for a few years from now.

Modules:

MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Hawk T1A, C-101, FC3, A-10C, CA, Mirage 2000C, Gazelle, L-39, MiG-15Bis, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, Yak-52, Christen Eagle II, MiG-19, I-16, JF-17, F-14, F/A-18C, Fw-190A8, AV-8B/NA, Spitifre IX

Mods:

A-4E, MB-339, Edge 540

Utility modules:

Combined Arms, NS 430 GPS

Funny how ED and partners and the military is, in some areas, scarily alike:
Everything from above your paycheck is like: Words are words, words have no value and dont trust words, especially not the "never failing-always knowing-never wrong (lack of)intelligence department".
And if you are promised something, forget everything about it until you literally have it in your hands; on the way, in storage, being delivered and "imminent" is equal to You dont have it yet and we cant tell you when , so stop asking.
That just what 2½ years in the Army and 3 years in the Army Homeguard and nine years in the DCS community taught me, and it never failed me.

So to answer your question: I dont think anybody knows, and if they do, they wont say it.

• Like 1

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Well, that the question about an announced module was moved to the "wishlist" section answered it - it is dead 😞

Modules: UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MT, SA342M Gazelle, Mirage 2000C, A-10C(II), L-39, MiG-21, F-86, MiG-15, Hawk T.1 (RIP), C-101 Aviojet, Bf 109K, F-5E Tiger II, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AJS-37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier II NA, FC3, Black Shark 2, F/A-18C Hornet, Community A-4E Skyhawk, F-14 Tomcat, Fw 190-A8, Christen Eagle II, F-16C Viper, JF-17, P-47

Hardware: i7-9700k @ 4,8 GHz, GTX 1080, 32 GB, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek pedals, 28" BenQ, TM Cougar MFDs with 11,3" screen

6 hours ago, WinterH said:

Wouldn't be the first...

F-16 and AH-64 were teased with WIP cockpit pictures in 2008 I think. Apparently full fidelity Su-27 was in consideration at some point before getting a big 'ol "nope". F-4E, which still infuriates me is another example. Since 2013, the date I got into DCS, I think  have heard AH-1 in dev, AH-1 not in dev cycle happen like 3-4 times.

Seeing as an Apache is coming, I wouldn't expect to see Cobra from ED for a few years at least, and Kate's response about Cobra seem to say just that. But on the positive side, it may still be a consideration for a few years from now.

f**ing a man. the F4 really pissed me off too as well as the statement I read somewhere that said it was on 'permanent hold' just friggin say cancelled! I should have known when they announced it, it wasnt going to happen.  IIRC it was going to be belsimtek or someone but they pulled a weird stunt and claimed they were working on like 10 or some crazy amount of planes. it was obvious even then itd never happen. I just cant believe noones made an F4... smh

6 hours ago, bmbpdk said:

Funny how ED and partners and the military is, in some areas, scarily alike:
Everything from above your paycheck is like: Words are words, words have no value and dont trust words, especially not the "never failing-always knowing-never wrong (lack of)intelligence department".
And if you are promised something, forget everything about it until you literally have it in your hands; on the way, in storage, being delivered and "imminent" is equal to You dont have it yet and we cant tell you when , so stop asking.
That just what 2½ years in the Army and 3 years in the Army Homeguard and nine years in the DCS community taught me, and it never failed me.

So to answer your question: I dont think anybody knows, and if they do, they wont say it.

yeah... youre spot on. now I dont get excited  whatsoever about upcoming modules until theyre literally released, or I see several videos of them in the cockpit flying around and a sub forum is made (and even then..)  but now until I  see the damned thing, nope. I dont even get excited. oh you have pretty screenshots? so what?

=(

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, I'm fairly sure as well that the AH-1 will be "delayed", especially as they announced the Apache, which did surprise me.
I mean there are many games out there about that helicopter and thus I would have thought ED would go for the Cobra, as it would draw in more new customers to have a heli-sim that can not be found elsewhere.
Still, with the work on the Mosquito, the Hind and the AH-64 covering the most difficult part, the two-me-crew I could easily see the Cobra still coming.

It's not happenin' anytime soon, no. Even when it was being talked about, they were not past initial planning stages, still discussing possible variants etc, so it's not like ''oh it was suddenly aborted''. It never started. That said...

@murgel

I'd rather have the Cobra, too, just cause I don't think it's ever been done before. Apache is probably the more popular and capable of the two, though, so I understand why they went that way.

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

I would rather have the AH-1 first before the AH-64.  Mainly because we need more Marine attack helicopters.

AH1 variant ED wanted to do was not the USMC SUper cobra but was an army version AH1F

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

On 12/20/2020 at 1:02 PM, Don Rudi said:

So looking at the 2021 and beyond trailer and the Discord FAQ summary, is it save to assume the AH-1 is off the table? 😔

Coming later AH-64D release.

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

• 1 month later...

As the AH-64 pre-order was pushed from end of February to first week of May, it is then likely even longer delay to AH-1 then after AH-64...

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.