AH-1 dead?

Don Rudi

So looking at the 2021 and beyond trailer and the Discord FAQ summary, is it save to assume the AH-1 is off the table? 😔

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

Wouldn't be the first...

F-16 and AH-64 were teased with WIP cockpit pictures in 2008 I think. Apparently full fidelity Su-27 was in consideration at some point before getting a big 'ol "nope". F-4E, which still infuriates me is another example. Since 2013, the date I got into DCS, I think  have heard AH-1 in dev, AH-1 not in dev cycle happen like 3-4 times.

Seeing as an Apache is coming, I wouldn't expect to see Cobra from ED for a few years at least, and Kate's response about Cobra seem to say just that. But on the positive side, it may still be a consideration for a few years from now.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Funny how ED and partners and the military is, in some areas, scarily alike:
Everything from above your paycheck is like: Words are words, words have no value and dont trust words, especially not the "never failing-always knowing-never wrong (lack of)intelligence department".
And if you are promised something, forget everything about it until you literally have it in your hands; on the way, in storage, being delivered and "imminent" is equal to You dont have it yet and we cant tell you when , so stop asking.
That just what 2½ years in the Army and 3 years in the Army Homeguard and nine years in the DCS community taught me, and it never failed me.

So to answer your question: I dont think anybody knows, and if they do, they wont say it.

• Like 5

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Well, that the question about an announced module was moved to the "wishlist" section answered it - it is dead 😞

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

6 hours ago, WinterH said:

Wouldn't be the first...

F-16 and AH-64 were teased with WIP cockpit pictures in 2008 I think. Apparently full fidelity Su-27 was in consideration at some point before getting a big 'ol "nope". F-4E, which still infuriates me is another example. Since 2013, the date I got into DCS, I think  have heard AH-1 in dev, AH-1 not in dev cycle happen like 3-4 times.

Seeing as an Apache is coming, I wouldn't expect to see Cobra from ED for a few years at least, and Kate's response about Cobra seem to say just that. But on the positive side, it may still be a consideration for a few years from now.

f**ing a man. the F4 really pissed me off too as well as the statement I read somewhere that said it was on 'permanent hold' just friggin say cancelled! I should have known when they announced it, it wasnt going to happen.  IIRC it was going to be belsimtek or someone but they pulled a weird stunt and claimed they were working on like 10 or some crazy amount of planes. it was obvious even then itd never happen. I just cant believe noones made an F4... smh

6 hours ago, bmbpdk said:

Funny how ED and partners and the military is, in some areas, scarily alike:
Everything from above your paycheck is like: Words are words, words have no value and dont trust words, especially not the "never failing-always knowing-never wrong (lack of)intelligence department".
And if you are promised something, forget everything about it until you literally have it in your hands; on the way, in storage, being delivered and "imminent" is equal to You dont have it yet and we cant tell you when , so stop asking.
That just what 2½ years in the Army and 3 years in the Army Homeguard and nine years in the DCS community taught me, and it never failed me.

So to answer your question: I dont think anybody knows, and if they do, they wont say it.

yeah... youre spot on. now I dont get excited  whatsoever about upcoming modules until theyre literally released, or I see several videos of them in the cockpit flying around and a sub forum is made (and even then..)  but now until I  see the damned thing, nope. I dont even get excited. oh you have pretty screenshots? so what?

=(

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, I'm fairly sure as well that the AH-1 will be "delayed", especially as they announced the Apache, which did surprise me.
I mean there are many games out there about that helicopter and thus I would have thought ED would go for the Cobra, as it would draw in more new customers to have a heli-sim that can not be found elsewhere.
Still, with the work on the Mosquito, the Hind and the AH-64 covering the most difficult part, the two-me-crew I could easily see the Cobra still coming.

It's not happenin' anytime soon, no. Even when it was being talked about, they were not past initial planning stages, still discussing possible variants etc, so it's not like ''oh it was suddenly aborted''. It never started. That said...

@murgel

I'd rather have the Cobra, too, just cause I don't think it's ever been done before. Apache is probably the more popular and capable of the two, though, so I understand why they went that way.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

I would rather have the AH-1 first before the AH-64.  Mainly because we need more Marine attack helicopters.

AH1 variant ED wanted to do was not the USMC SUper cobra but was an army version AH1F

• Thanks 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 1 month later...

As the AH-64 pre-order was pushed from end of February to first week of May, it is then likely even longer delay to AH-1 then after AH-64...

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 3 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 8:21 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

Coming later AH-64D release.

Any official confirmation for this? I could not find any, other than it is a module they would like to do somewhen.

12 hours ago, Don Rudi said:

could not find any, other than it is a module they would like to do somewhen.

Because that's exactly what it is, at least as far as public info goes.

Check back in a year or two I guess, and enjoy what's available meanwhile 🙂

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Mi-24 and AH-64D would open the way for future multi-seat helo's of the like..

• Like 5

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

So sad! I really love the Apache but an AH-1F TOW Cobra is my personal dream. I always loved this bird and it was the backbone attack helicopter of the US Army for so many years here in Europe. It would also better fit as a counterpart to the Hind we have now.

• Like 4

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 2:12 PM, Kev2go said:

AH1 variant ED wanted to do was not the USMC SUper cobra but was an army version AH1F

I would be fine with that.  It can at least stand in for the USMC version.

• Like 2

We WERE supposed to get an AH-1G which was almost finished once upon a time, then they started a poll that would change it from the G to the S/W version.  I dunno though, they announced they were going to start working on an Apache in early 2007/2008 when BS released so you might see it in another 10 years or so.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

5 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

We WERE supposed to get an AH-1G which was almost finished once upon a time, then they started a poll that would change it from the G to the S/W version.  I dunno though, they announced they were going to start working on an Apache in early 2007/2008 when BS released so you might see it in another 10 years or so.

I would love the G any version 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I figure we'll get a Cobra. Eventually. Maybe 3 or 4 years from now. Maybe even a couple different Cobra variants, like a SuperCobra, an 80's US Army TOW Cobra, and maybe, if Vietnam eventually happens, an original early Cobra with minigun and 40mm chin turret. Maybe. But I think Vietnam is, well, it's a ways off.