[REPORTED] Surface Radar Issue.

bart

Whilst flying online on the AO server, Caucasus map set to winter and flying in VR I was using the Surface radar. Flying at around 1500-2000 ft 450Kts. Radar worked fine until I selected to go to EXP 1 and moved the cursor gate over some terrain to left of nose. Upon releasing the TDC to map the coned area the game entered extreme stutter as bad as less than 1 fps. I kept flying and it cleared after a few minutes, game returned to normal. I thought it may be a server issue although no other users were reporting any issues.

I tried to reproduce the issue, it took a few minutes of trying as it only seems to happen over certain parts of the terrain, but I did reproduce it. This time I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to task manager and end task for DCS. It was flashing up on the task manager "Not Responding", and the GPU temp started to drop. This issue is intermittent, and only seems to happen on certain parts of the terrain, I've never experienced this before the last update. First thought is could it be related to the map updates included in the last update?

I was flying for a while so the track file unfortunately is huge! I will try and repeat it tomorrow to see if I can get it on a smaller file now I know what to do to try and induce the issue, however if others could try this out and see if they can reproduce too?

I ran a repair etc. and will try again tomorrow meanwhile I thought it best to make a report now.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• Wags changed the title to [NEED A TRACK FILE] Surface Radar Issue.

Ok, tried again this morning to reproduce this and got the issue at first attempt! 

This is an air start but the same issue occurs if I do a cold and dark start too. On the track I deliberately aim the aircraft at the ground as once in the stutter I cant control it and the track file ends up too large waiting on the aircraft to crash and return me to the server menu! and there is no other way to exit the aircraft as the stutter is extreme, worse than it appears on the attached track. So to keep it short and under 5MB so I can post it here i fly into the ground! Track does start at the server menu for a minute or so, just keep watching, issue happens almost straight into the flight..

I do have another track file in level flight higher up and the same issue occurs so its not an aircraft height issue, but it's just over 7MB so unable to attach it here.

Hope this helps.

EDIT : I've tried to replicate this in SP but I can not get it to, so looks like the issue happens whilst in MP only.

Aerobatics Online Caucasus OpenBeta-20201220-105514.trk

Edited by bart

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I had this issue once on SOH map in SP but lost the track. Locked up something at at Khasab in ground radar tracking and the game went to 3fps. Unlocked target and all was fine. After that there was no issues and i could continue as normal. No CTRL+ALT+DEL on my end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

33 minutes ago, Svend_Dellepude said:

I had this issue once on SOH map in SP but lost the track. Locked up something at at Khasab in ground radar tracking and the game went to 3fps. Unlocked target and all was fine. After that there was no issues and i could continue as normal. No CTRL+ALT+DEL on my end.

Sounds similar issue except in my case I didn't have anything locked up, I just selected EXP1 moved the box cursor over an area where I was interested in zooming into and as soon as I release the TMS switch it goes into slide show. Pressing un designate wont work as I have nothing locked up. 

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [REPORTED] Surface Radar Issue.
  • 4 weeks later...

Didn't save the track, but will next time.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen this? 

Twice now, after using the A/G radar to create an initial target designation and then refining it with the pod, I've experienced a severe, and I mean severe, performance hit.  No exaggeration, we're talking a drop from locked at 60fps to 3 - 5 fps.  Slideshow.  It occurs a minute or two after the first designation is created with the radar, and once it happens it persists until the target is undesignated.

The first time it happened I thought it was related to the EXP modes, but the most recent time, I don't think I used the EXP modes. 

Anyone else?