Sort of the Liveries?

T-O-A

Hey,

at the moment there are all livers mixed up for the countrys they belong to.

Would it be possible to bind the liveries to their countrys?

I mean, that if you choose for example Iran, that you see just the Iran liveries, or if you choose DDR, that you see just the East Germany Skin.

Would that be possible to fix maybe until the next Patch?

At the moment it is hard to get an overview, because all liveries are mixed up.

Thanks

• Like 3

Doing so would limit choices severely depending what missionmakers set for available aircraft, I'd rather the opposite to be honest. Enabled nations for liveries can be adjusted in the description.lua file of each livery, and by deleting the entries other than the one you want, it'll restrict it to that particular nation. You could also rename the livery to include the name of the country at the start so they're easier to find in the list.

• Like 1

Why should somebody place a DDR East german Mig with Iran livery?

Dont understand it.

All other modules have this sorted by countries.

Why should the mig21 fall out this scheme?

Completly mixed up and messed up at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, T-O-A said:

Why should somebody place a DDR East german Mig with Iran livery?

Dont understand it.

All other modules have this sorted by countries.

Why should the mig21 fall out this scheme?

Completly mixed up and messed up at the moment.

Agreed.

Keep it consistent to the other modules.

Marry Xmas & a Happy New Year

Stay healthy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

• 2 weeks later...

yes, but it looks really messed up.

You choose a country and then have to scroll down the drop down list to search for the country skin.

The mig is the only module with no sort in their liveries.

I would be happy if the skins were sorted by countrys like all the other modules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

On 12/19/2020 at 10:05 PM, T-O-A said:

Hey,

at the moment there are all livers mixed up for the countrys they belong to.

Would it be possible to bind the liveries to their countrys?

I mean, that if you choose for example Iran, that you see just the Iran liveries, or if you choose DDR, that you see just the East Germany Skin.

Would that be possible to fix maybe until the next Patch?

At the moment it is hard to get an overview, because all liveries are mixed up.

Thanks

Agreed, it's far less of a mess, and it's more consistent with almost every other module.

As for mission designing, you can now add and remove countries during mission creation, so there's not much point (other than laziness) to have country specific liveries not bound to particular countries.

If mission designers want to have Iranian MiG-21s then it really is super simple to add Iran into the mission.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:33 PM, rossmum said:

Doing so would limit choices severely depending what missionmakers set for available aircraft.

No it really wouldn't... If you want to use a certain country's livery just add that country to the mission, especially now that it can be done while mission editing - no need to start from scratch every time you want to change what countries are present.

Similarly, in other modules, liveries aren't present for countries that should have them; the L-39C for instance has 2 GDR liveries, but neither is available for the GDR, sure it's an easy fix, but it would be better if they were organised from the get go. 

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

9 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

No it really wouldn't... If you want to use a certain country's livery just add that country to the mission, especially now that it can be done while mission editing - no need to start from scratch every time you want to change what countries are present.

I can't edit a mission someone else is running on a multiplayer server.

• Thanks 1

Yes, but this is standard for all moldules.

For consistent with almost every other module it should be changed.

DCS World shold feel like one single game. And not like a big sandbox with modules mixed up and glued together.

90% of the modules have sorted liveries.

Its clearer and more easy to finf the liveries you want. Not scroll down a big list to find a country at the bottom of the list which you have already choosen.

I hope Mignitude will have a look at this.

I think its also in their and EDS interest to bring som standard and some continuity to the game. Make it ONE big consitent game.

This is not done by sorting liveries. But its a start. Finally.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:04 AM, rossmum said:

I can't edit a mission someone else is running on a multiplayer server.

True, but then it should be up to mission editors to ensure that the proper countries are present; I mean to be harsh but it really isn't difficult, it's literally a few mouse clicks and that's it - literally takes a matter of seconds and should be the easier part of making a mission.

Before it was understandable; you couldn't adjust the coalition setup without starting again, but now you can do it while editing.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

yes and if there are maybe no DDR Migs placed, then its maybe wanted by the creator of the multiplayer mission.

Maybe he doesnt want to have East German Migs over Persian Gulf. Maybe he has Iran or Iraq Migs for his mission in mind, which would make sense over Persian Gulf.

And when he flys on his own mission, he dont want so see some DDR Migs flying around which would make his mission scince fiction.

Its also not possible to join with a Hornet on a WW2 server. From technical side the mission creater could place a Hornet-Client. But he didnt want to.

So no Hornet for me on WW2 server.

Not meaning that since fiction missions shoudnt be created.

Go ahead and create a multiplayer mission and place Migs of every country you want.

But please keep the game consistent and having a standard.

Edited by T-O-A

I mean for me, it's just that having every single livery available, even for those that are country specific just makes them more cluttered than they need to be, and if I have said countries present anyway they're redundant.

System: