Model Viewer won't launch

Raph54

Hi,

I've been into skinmaking for a while now but having to launch DCS each time I want to verify a skin is absolutely time-wasting so i've tried to use Model viewer. I've tried downloading MV 1 without being able to open any model. I've then tried to launch MV 2 without success neither, i've then tried launching it from Skatezilla's update tool with no success.

Just wanted to know if anyone already had such issue and if anyone got a clue...

Thanks !

Just started the ModelViewer2.exe in the bin folder. No problems here. Latest open beta. It takes something like 1 minute to start, even with an ssd and 32 GB of RAM, but it works fine.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I guess mine straight dosen't launch, when I try launching it with Skatezilla's update tool it lauches but then the process terminates itself within 2 seconds...

Also, it won't launch after minutes even tho i'm running on a NVME SSD (PS : this musn't be due to the last update since MV wasn't working with the last OB version neither).

Strange. Did you try a repair of DCS World?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys I have a slightly different issue with ModelViewer2, I get the following message when trying to start it.

"This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Could anyone provide me with a solution please?

On 3/8/2021 at 4:05 PM, Cutlass72 said:

Hi guys I have a slightly different issue with ModelViewer2, I get the following message when trying to start it.

"This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Could anyone provide me with a solution please?

in the /bin/ folder, make sure you have qwindows.dll

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs