New Cockpit for F-5??

T-O-A

Hey Guys,

the cockpit of the F-5 looks really outdated in comparrison to the newer module (Viper, Tomcat, A-10c 2, ...)

The Blackshark and the Warthog got new Cockpits.

Would it be possible to do also a new cockpit and pilot-model for the f-5?

Would be cool, to see this updated.

Thanks

• Like 1

There was an AMA with Wags awhile ago where he said he would like to see the F-5 updated. 

The scope of the update was not defined so obviously led to a great deal of speculation including aircraft textures.  So hopefully, if this comes about we will see a new cockpit.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

As far as scope goes, I'd be perfectly satisfied with a graphical overhaul, mainly the cockpit, but maybe also the exterior (especially the position and beacon lights). As for everything else, my main 'hope for' items are as follows:

1. Fixing the RWR search mode logic and implementing the handoff mode (which should play PRF audio on the highest priority contact).
  2. Improving the RADAR simulation so it better represents the real thing (maybe switching to using raycasting like the Tomcat, to better simulate clutter)
  3. Not sure about these 2, but also fixing the TACAN volume knob bug (the morse identifier plays at full volume with the volume knob doing nothing, until the beacon has been acquired with HSI, at which point it works fine) and the landing lights behaviour being wonky.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, CanopyJettison said:

I hope for new pilot model. When you look in the mirror, it looks not up to the standard of DCS 2020

And the option to select a HGU-2 equipped pilot, not the modern one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see corrected:

* Flight model incorrectly responds to ground speed not TAS

* Drag corrections at high alpha (currently there is too much drag)

* Fix the engines incorrectly being affected by wind

* Correct the weird aircraft behavior with wind present

Some of the above are all the same cause.

• Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Let's not forget about the altimeter lag in a dive, in which the actual altitude (from the F2 info bar) and the cockpit gauge vary by as much as 200 feet (IRL acceptable error is less than half that).

The module is close enough to reality for anyone who hasn't flown an F-5 or T-38, but the fact that there are longstanding bugs like this, especially with things as integral as the flight dynamics, makes one question ED's commitment to supporting their "complete" aircraft. Just asking for some professionalism here.

• Like 4