[WAIT FOR JANUARY NEWSLETTERS] Formal request of ED statement of what they aim for 2021

Renko

As they tittle states, i think such statement would be right thing to do.

In my humble opinion i think it would be great for us users to have that before 2020 ends.
A statement or a letter to users regarding what ED is aiming to achieve and bring in DCS for the year 2021.

Because right now after the "2021 and beyond" video, there are all shorts of speculations and discord screenshots with statements of ED CM. And post with translated answers from Kate in ED russian discord.

So it would be good for both parts to have that letter to users.

But maybe i'm wrong, don't know

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Renko said:

As they tittle states, i think such statement would be right thing to do.

In my humble opinion i think it would be great for us users to have that before 2020 ends.
A statement or a letter to users regarding what ED is aiming to achieve and bring in DCS for the year 2021.

Because right now after the "2021 and beyond" video, there are all shorts of speculations and discord screenshots with statements of ED CM. And post with translated answers from Kate in ED russian discord.

So it would be good for both parts to have that letter to users.

But maybe i'm wrong, don't know

You need wait to the Newsletters of January Newsletters, with explain the plans to 2021, similarly to the january 2020

8 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

You need wait to the Newsletters of January Newsletters, with explain the plans to 2021, similarly to the january 2020

Please its a formal request to ED, so don't start discussions. Like you ask on your thread when i tried to point this to ED.

A newsletter its welcome, but it will not cover all the things that are rising at the moment. That are spread in different places.
As i said, a statement or letter to users that cover all those would be great gesture to user base.
But maybe i'm wrong

• ED Team

Hi

We will share information in coming newsletters. 

I have made Kate aware of your request for more information on her discord comments, its good to see so much interest. 

For now the AH-64D is the planned new module, the Mi-24 will come first, and 2021 will also see the mosquito in the publics hands. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

+1

My opinion is that the "2021 and beyond" video answered close to no questions and was just a promo video.
And i hope that those projects mentioned in the January 2020 newsletter is being realised in 2021.
But let us wait and see in the January newsletter and then compare that and the delivered products in december 2021.

• Like 1

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

57 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

We will share information in coming newsletters. 

I have made Kate aware of your request for more information on her discord comments, its good to see so much interest. 

For now the AH-64D is the planned new module, the Mi-24 will come first, and 2021 will also see the mosquito in the publics hands. 

Hi there!

Thanks for the fast answer.
It would be great to hear about all those things on newsletters, but please keep in mind that request.

I just think its the best for both, users and ED, to have a specific text that covers all those things. To stay away from speculations.
Think of it as a "state of the nation" if you wish. That way we know where you guys are, and where you are aiming too.
And if there are things you don't know yet, its ok to just say "we don't know yet". I prefer and respect honesty above all.

So please, keep in mind that request for ED consideration.
Regards

• Like 1

OFFICIAL DCS POSTER WIKI:

1. ED quiet

Complains about no information 

2. Ed posts “Unofficial roadmap

Complains about not being official 

3. ED posts official information 

Complains about missing deadline or incomplete feature that was promised at specific time

4. ED goes quiet

RETURN TO #1 and start posting again 

• Like 3

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

2 hours ago, Mr. Big.Biggs said:

OFFICIAL DCS POSTER WIKI:

1. ED quiet

Complains about no information 

2. Ed posts “Unofficial roadmap

Complains about not being official 

3. ED posts official information 

Complains about missing deadline or incomplete feature that was promised at specific time

4. ED goes quiet

RETURN TO #1 and start posting again 

Great see to a perfectly sensible polite request being shredded again by  reflexive & completely unnecessary whiteknight-ism. Good job Mr.Biggs.

regards,

Snappy 

• Wags changed the title to [WAIT FOR JANUARY NEWSLETTERS] Formal request of ED statement of what they aim for 2021
5 hours ago, Renko said:

Please its a formal request to ED, so don't start discussions. Like you ask on your thread when i tried to point this to ED.

A newsletter its welcome, but it will not cover all the things that are rising at the moment. That are spread in different places.
As i said, a statement or letter to users that cover all those would be great gesture to user base.
But maybe i'm wrong

It's a public forum, not a read only blog. If you don't want commentary, go elsewhere. Also, he answered your question : they write newsletter at the start of the year basically with the specific information you're requesting. He was telling you ''wait a couple weeks and they will''.

If you want to make ''formal requests'' sans external commentary, use customer support or PMs. That would seem to be obvious and common sense, but here we are.

Dragon's thread IS the ''roadmap'', and is specifically labeled and enforced by ED as no commentary because of the specific purpose it serves. As opposed to this thread which serves no purpose and rejects information provided that satifies the request simply because of :

13 minutes ago, Snappy said:

Great see to a perfectly sensible polite request being shredded again by  reflexive & completely unnecessary whiteknight-ism. Good job Mr.Biggs.

regards,

Snappy 

It isn't white knightism. It's just a factual observation. Every two weeks somebody comes along and starts the same threads, the same complaints, over and over like they're special and nobody ever thought of it before, while simultaneously shooing away commentary or critique because their super special thread is official bidness and an Eagle Dynamics representative absolutely MUST drop what they're doing and come respond personally to our super special individual self appointed representative of the community who has the best ideas, and some people say they're the best words @@

Edited by zhukov032186
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

44 minutes ago, zhukov032186 said:

It isn't white knightism. It's just a factual observation. Every two weeks somebody comes along and starts the same threads, the same complaints, over and over like they're special and nobody ever thought of it before, while simultaneously shooing away commentary or critique because their super special thread is official bidness and an Eagle Dynamics representative absolutely MUST drop what they're doing and come respond personally to our super special individual self appointed representative of the community who has the best ideas, and some people say they're the best words @@

I suspect you love a good debate as much as I do😉

Can‘t even remember the last thread with a request for some vague layout of ED 2021 goals , especially given the fact that the 2021 and beyond video really contained close to zero information on that, except revealing Apache and showing off flashy new wx, which frankly means nothing since  they‘ve been doing it for years.

Anyway while I agree some unnecessary threads pop up again and again every few days/weeks in these forums (why no redforce 4thgen blabla..), thats not exactly the case here.

Equally frequent I see sensible requests / criticism being derided by people who for whatever reasons  simply can‘t accept anyone questioning, criticizing or even just making suggestions to their beloved ED , which is just awesome, since a lot of actually good input gets lost that way.

Plus,  ED can defend themselves well enough, no need for surrogate whiteknightism.

As for Mr Biggs seemingly unsolvable dilemma, how about ED only just publishing something officially after tripling or better quadrupling their own internally estimated timeframe. That should work out just fine in reality then and if they actually manage to release something before that , well certainly no one is going to complain that they managed to beat their own schedule..

regards,

Snappy.

Edited by Snappy

7 minutes ago, Snappy said:

As for Mr Biggs seemingly unsolvable dilemma, how about ED only just publishing something  officially after tripling or better quadrupling their internally estimated realistic timeframe. That should work out just fine.

As mentioned previously, and as we have witnessed ourselves in the not so distant past, hordes of people start clamoring about ED's silence, the game is failing, etc etc

OP has the right to post. So does everybody else. I'm not defending ED. I just think some of OP's commentary here is dumb, and unsurprisingly some people are making fun of it. Also unsurprisingly, as mentioned, someone provided a helpful link (Dragon's roadmap, while ''unofficial'' in that he's not an ED employee, is a company endorsed roadmap and aggressively updated) only for OP to object because it wasn't from the hand of Nick Grey himself direct to OP, acknowledging his specialdom @@

And yeah, I am most active on the forums ''debating/arguing/trolling'' cause work is slow and I have depressingly little to occupy my time besides this. I would much rather be screwing around ingame, but alas, all my worldly belongings are in storage pending a move.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

AFAIK playable in very early stages but nothing stellar, presumably it'll be a long wait before it'll be in public testing.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, zhukov032186 said:

OP has the right to post. So does everybody else. I'm not defending ED. I just think some of OP's commentary here is dumb, and unsurprisingly some people are making fun of it. Also unsurprisingly, as mentioned, someone provided a helpful link (Dragon's roadmap, while ''unofficial'' in that he's not an ED employee, is a company endorsed roadmap and aggressively updated) only for OP to object because it wasn't from the hand of Nick Grey himself direct to OP, acknowledging his specialdom @@

I just wrote that to SD exactly because i didnt want this thread to turn into this.
And just like that you insult me by calling me dumb, and assume that i discard this because of that "specialdom". Whatever that insult means.
I guess you prove my point in just one paragraph.

I just tried to get a response on something that benefits all of us in the community, and i have zero hope that this got through as it finally didnt. Newsletters it is, says Wags.
But never would have guess to get insulted or mocked by just asking politely for something
Really disappointing
I guess thats why i rarely use this forum.

Regards

PS: You can close the thread now or delete it @BIGNEWY

Edited by Renko
  • Like 1

• ED Team

As requested Renko I have closed the thread. Thanks for the post it is no problem and we have spoken to Kate about it. We will share more info in January. 

A reminder to all, no matter where you are posting on the forum, keep it civil and treat each other with respect, we are all friends here. 

Have a good holiday season and we we will see you all in January for more news. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2