HB plans for 2021 and beyond?

Volator

Am 27.12.2020 um 16:18 schrieb Cobra847:

We're going to be rather quiet for most, if not all, of next year - outside of working on getting both the F-14 and Viggen feature complete and out of EA through Q1. 

Beyond that will be most exciting.. 🙂

Thank you for not doing the "Viper mistake", starting lots of new stuff and never finishing anything. 

That is precisely why I bought the Viggen. And not the Hornet... 

32 minutes ago, TobiasA said:

Thank you for not doing the "Viper mistake", starting lots of new stuff and never finishing anything. 

That is precisely why I bought the Viggen. And not the Hornet... 

Its interesting how different opinions can be, if I remember correctly the Viggen was released in the beginning of 2017 and the Hornet in may 2018.
Of the aircraft I own, the Hornet is by far the most complete one, it is the only one I fly missions in, the rest Im holding on until they are more complete.

Im sure when HB does a push for getting the Viggen out of EA alot of stuff will improve, but definitely dont think that its more complete than the Hornet, not by far.

In the Hornet the cockpit textures are finished, the beacon dont flash inside the cockpit, sunlight dont shine into the cockpit through a hole in the cockpit model down by the feet of the pilot, the FLIR is perfectly readable in VR compared to the EP13 that seem to need some tuning still and all control panels are in the aircraft, the radar does not induce low fps when used at one specific range setting and so on.

This is not a attack against you or Heatblur, Im sure HB will finish the Viggen (the aircraft) in Q1 if they say so and make it flawless but at the moment, the Hornet was released 1,5 years later and has in my opinion by far surpassed Viggen in regards of being considered out of EA. And thats perhaps not so strange because ED is a bigger company than Heatblur. 
Its just interesting how different opinions can be.

I dont see the relation between the Viper misstake and not buying the Hornet but thats off topic so dont mind that.

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Fisherman82:

Its interesting how different opinions can be, if I remember correctly the Viggen was released in the beginning of 2017 and the Hornet in may 2018.
Of the aircraft I own, the Hornet is by far the most complete one, it is the only one I fly missions in, the rest Im holding on until they are more complete.

Im sure when HB does a push for getting the Viggen out of EA alot of stuff will improve, but definitely dont think that its more complete than the Hornet, not by far.

In the Hornet the cockpit textures are finished, the beacon dont flash inside the cockpit, sunlight dont shine into the cockpit through a hole in the cockpit model down by the feet of the pilot, the FLIR is perfectly readable in VR compared to the EP13 that seem to need some tuning still and all control panels are in the aircraft, the radar does not induce low fps when used at one specific range setting and so on.

This is not a attack against you or Heatblur, Im sure HB will finish the Viggen (the aircraft) in Q1 if they say so and make it flawless but at the moment, the Hornet was released 1,5 years later and has in my opinion by far surpassed Viggen in regards of being considered out of EA. And thats perhaps not so strange because ED is a bigger company than Heatblur. 
Its just interesting how different opinions can be.

I dont see the relation between the Viper misstake and not buying the Hornet but thats off topic so dont mind that.

Well, I bought the viper...

I'm rather new to DCS, so my impression may be off. I just get the impression that the viggen got a lot of love, although bugs remain, and the viper is getting small fixes, but no major progress currently.
Q1 is a promise. F-16 is like "I don't know when, maybe next year or so". I'm not feeling like getting another module which is also in EA for years. I want to fly at least one plane. Maybe I'll think different when the F-16 is out of early access. Maybe.

after A6E and Draken AI,, and finishing the F14 out of EA, the  full fidelity A6E module development, will keep them busy for the forseeable future

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD