HB plans for 2021 and beyond?

Volator

4 hours ago, Pilot Ike said:

Heatblur, will you also tell us some of your thoughts about your plans for 2021 and beyond?

Many users are stirred up because of Kate Perederko's statement about the F-4. Is there something YOU can tell us about it?

Or any plans or news on the (AI) Draken or the (AI?) A-6 Intruder, Forrestal,...?

Plans should be to finish the Tomcat and the Viggen. Once those are done we can discuss future projects. There is still a LOT of work needed for both addons.

• Like 5

If Heatblur is going to continue developing DCS aircraft, the F-4 is the perfect follow on aircraft. 

Two seat, non-FBW carrier borne aircraft that drops bombs and dogfights. 

Just change the name from ‘Jester’ to ‘Willy D’ for the RIO. 

• Like 4

The first quarter will be mostly devoted to the F-14 release, including A6 and Forrestal, etc basically what is still left of what we promised. After that is a time shrouded in mistery, no one can tell what could happen...  😊

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

They would lose a lot of goodwill and credibility if they would start to sell another module when they still have to finish up the Viggen and still have a bit work for the Tomcat.
Heatblur usually stays quiet until they have something to show or even better, for us to experience ourselves.
I'm sure they are the ones who want to show something new the most, but everything at it's own time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IronMike said:

The first quarter will be mostly devoted to the F-14 release, including A6 and Forrestal, etc basically what is still left of what we promised. After that is a time shrouded in mistery, no one can tell what could happen...  😊

Question: Have You promised to finish up the Viggen ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scandfox said:

Question: Have You promised to finish up the Viggen ?

ah, oops, my bad. I was so engaged in the F-14 forums, I didnt see it was posted in the main one, hence I only replied in regards to the F-14.

Of course, the Viggen is also on the list. Again Scandfox: it will also always remain on the list. There's nothing ever really finished in DCS, which means: all our modules will always be maintained on a regular basis. There is absolutely no need to be afraid that somehow at some point it would fall off the table and we would just let it be. This will never happen, it is not how DCS works. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

18 hours ago, Leviathan667 said:

What is there to finish?

Among other things, quite a few bugs, some long-standing  ,completely missing controls in the cockpit for the RB75 Display and  the Main indicator screen and quite a bit of other stuff too. And last but not least, Draken AI model.

Its not in bad state, don't get me wrong, its way more modelled than other modules out there I guess, but its not complete either.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

16 hours ago, CanopyJettison said:

Meaning just the AI or do we get a complete module?

Thanks

AI only. For the A6 module, if they (can) do it(and i hope that it will be their next module) you have to throw some more money at them(rightly).

• Like 2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I think a flyable version of their AI A-6 would be really well received. We already have other third parties developing the A-7 and F-8, there is the community A-4. So I think more cold war USN assets are quickly going to take over DCS. 🙂

Edited by Wizard_03
  • Like 3

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

We're going to be rather quiet for most, if not all, of next year - outside of working on getting both the F-14 and Viggen feature complete and out of EA through Q1. 

Beyond that will be most exciting.. 🙂

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

7 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

We're going to be rather quiet for most, if not all, of next year - outside of working on getting both the F-14 and Viggen feature complete and out of EA through Q1. 

Beyond that will be most exciting.. 🙂

I’m really glad to hear this. 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

7 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Beyond that will be most exciting..

Any news is most exciting from you guys!

Wishing all at Heatblur a happy, healthy and productive 2021...

...and I look forward to finding out what you have to share with us as and when it's time.

🙂

• Like 1

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

• 3 weeks later...