A10 II blue screen in Reverb

CaptainBiscuit

I have been getting frequent blue screens upon starting a A10C II mission in the Reverb headset (pc is fine but DCS freezes) and can only be fixed with a restart.

I have never had any issues with DCS or the Reverb until now.

I had a 2070 super and now 3080 with the same issue existing on both. I have also done a fresh Win 10 install after the 3080 installation due to a separate issue. I have no trouble in the OG A10c, AV8b or f18.

Searches have yielded nothing..if anyone can help, I would be very very grateful! 

Captain Biscuit

F18, A10C i/ii, AV8b

Reverb G1, i7 9700k, 3080, 32 gb, TM Warthog

Thank you. The last message of your log shows an error:

2020-12-24 11:00:06.599 ERROR   SOUND: Host 'MAIN_35216386/weapon' position is out of bounds

I have no idea if this error can cause a freeze. If you can reproduce the crash, check if the log always stops with the same message.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks for your help. It is probably something to do with SteamVR and the nvidia drivers rather than DCS. 

I can play MSFS2020 in VR with no problems and that is using OpenXR. I could try that with SteamVR as the OpenXR runtime and see if it crashes.

It is only the more recent modules and maps that cause the problem: Syria and The Channel and AC10 ii. I can fly on Caucases with a Huey for hours with no problems but the A10c ii crashes it. Syria with anything doesn't last long. 

EDIT: just tried Syria map with the Quest 2 via link and while performance is pretty bad, there were no crashes. In conclusion, this seems to be a Steam VR and 3080 issue.

Edited by CaptainBiscuit

F18, A10C i/ii, AV8b

9 hours ago, CaptainBiscuit said:

Thanks for your help. It is probably something to do with SteamVR and the nvidia drivers rather than DCS. 

I can play MSFS2020 in VR with no problems and that is using OpenXR. I could try that with SteamVR as the OpenXR runtime and see if it crashes.

It is only the more recent modules and maps that cause the problem: Syria and The Channel and AC10 ii. I can fly on Caucases with a Huey for hours with no problems but the A10c ii crashes it. Syria with anything doesn't last long. 

EDIT: just tried Syria map with the Quest 2 via link and while performance is pretty bad, there were no crashes. In conclusion, this seems to be a Steam VR and 3080 issue.

I have the same problem, A10II + Syria instant action = crash          I can run the A10C & Syria without a crash but the A10II crashes. Weird. 

• ED Team

I have taken a look at some missions I am not seeing this in my reverb G2, all seems ok.

Are you overclocking? 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

16 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I have taken a look at some missions I am not seeing this in my reverb G2, all seems ok.

Are you overclocking? 

Hi BigNewy, if this is meant for me...no, I have PBO enabled, no overclock. Getting a 5900X in a few days, will see if it improves things.  Also changed my paging file settings but that didn't help it. GPU is slightly overclocked. 

Edited by Bbow

8 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Are you overclocking? 

Hi, can you try A10c ii. If I do missions (I usually do the georgia (?) easy mission) or on a private multiplayer session, it is fine until I quit (multiplayer will crash mid flight though).

A few seconds after exiting, Steam VR will crash.

7 hours ago, Bbow said:

Hi BigNewy, if this is meant for....no, I have PBO enabled, no overclock. Getting a 5900X in a few days, will see if it improves things.  Also changed my paging file settings but that didn't help it. GPU is slightly overclocked. 

I will be interested to see if the AMD card changes things. As mentioned, Quest 2 on link had no such crashes so it seems to be Steam VR but whether it is Steam + Nvidia or not remains to be seen (AFAIK).

Thanks for your interest!

F18, A10C i/ii, AV8b

Well, I managed to load the A10II in syria instant action yesterday! I did several things, not sure if they were mentioned here or on another thread but it worked for me.

1) Page file, adjusted to 32 gb min and 64 gb max. I have 32 Gb of Ram in my system and have cleared out over 75 Gb of free space on my  hard drive. 

2) Cleared out the shaders cache from C:\Program Data\Nvidio Corporation\NV_Cache  

3) Disabled Shaders cache in Nvidia conrol panel settings

I think that's about it and this worked for me.   

• Thanks 1