Latest Open Beta

Sr.

Thank you DCS! I don't even know what you fixed, but WOW! what an improvement!  (unless I'm imagining things)

I primarily play VR mode and have kind of avoided the Syria map because best I could pull off was 20-30 fps. Now I'm getting  in the 30-(mostly)45 territory at pretty high settings.  I also noticed the white, glimmering dots are gone from the ground targets, but aircraft in flight seem to be a more pronounced black dot.

Looking forward to what comes next!!

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Seconded, VR performance is much improved, and the constant reloading of textures when switching to other follow cams is gone for me too. I used to fly with low shadows and textures on a 2090ti, now I'm on high shadows, high textures, and things are running quite smooth. Very nice!

15 hours ago, Toumal said:

Seconded, VR performance is much improved, and the constant reloading of textures when switching to other follow cams is gone for me too. I used to fly with low shadows and textures on a 2090ti, now I'm on high shadows, high textures, and things are running quite smooth. Very nice!

Glad I wasn't just imagining things.

For the record, I'm not even running the main shader mod. I run Mustang's clear skys and Taz' better smoke, that's it.
It just got to the point where I didn't see a benefit.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Maybe I spoke too soon... along with the nightmare controls issue I'm now having. My fps have taken a dump. Was something else patched over night?

--Arthur C Clark

Every subsequent relaunch.

SaveGame2.PNG

--Arthur C Clark

6 hours ago, SPAS79 said:

That sucks... you sure your preferences have not been messed up somehow? tried renaming them? or the folder, for what matters. 

assuming you mean the folders in Save Games/Config/Input: Yes I even deleted and let the game rebuild them, completely remapped controls.

I think I have halted the behavior by right clicking that blank column and choosing disabled. But I still see this orange highlighted section and can't map anything to those 2 functions.

WTF.PNG

--Arthur C Clark

Seeing numerous warning flags like these throughout modules.

This is AFTER I cleared the content of my saved games folder

Go ahead... test that P-51D Rear warning radar...

dare ya

RWR.PNG

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

Just a warning about a double input, LShift+R in this case, in both your P-51D Real and in the UI layer.

Delete one of them (the one you don't use) or change one of them to another input combo and the exclamation mark will be gone.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

5 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

Just a warning about a double input, LShift+R in this case, in both your P-51D Real and in the UI layer.

Delete one of them (the one you don't use) or change one of them to another input combo and the exclamation mark will be gone.

Oh, I've never changed any of that. And the "double listing" it is referencing is the Restart Mission listed in GUI.

--Arthur C Clark

It's introduced (or better, changed) since that last update.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

So I got this cleared up (again) via Steam verify files... came back (again) soon as I mapped it to controller switch.

orange.PNG

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

Oh, I see what you mean. These orange warnings should not be an issue. DCS shows orange lines when at least two commands have the exact same name. But in one of your previous screenshots, we can see there is a "Switch Down" (same for "Switch Up") control for keyboard-only, and another for joystick-only, which means they are not conflicting. This shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Just now, Flappie said:

Oh, I see what you mean. These orange warnings should not be an issue. DCS shows orange lines when two controls have the exact same name. But in one of your previous screenshots, we can see there is a "Switch Down" (same for "Switch Up") control for keyboard-only, and another for joystick-only. This shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks. I've seen the same thing in some of Wags' videos. My issue is, I can't actually use whatever I map to those.

--Arthur C Clark

Please attach a zip containing your Saved Games\Config\Input folder.

I'll try to reproduce your bug. (I don't own the A-10C II, won't be able to reproduce)

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.