A little jealous-multicrew

Cgjunk2

1 hour ago, BaD CrC said:

Everyone just want to fly the machine and let superhuman side gunners deal automatically with threats rather than having a real guy who can barely see anything and mostly spread around targets unless they are at point blank range. We have even seen Huey pilots refusing to have humans gunners because of this.

To me, that speaks towards the need of getting the AI updated rather than a reason to not port multi-crew to other vehicles. The AI should be designed to be at a level that humans in that position provide a benefit, to incentivize usage of multi-crew.

• Like 1

I think the idea of making people have multiplayer experiences in order to avoid lousy AI stuff is already well underway. Maybe some day someone will figure out how to avoid lousy multiplayer experiences as well beyond avoiding public servers. Perhaps in the spirit of this thought, we could incentivize other things like reading the manual, doing the training scenarios, etc. Mayyybe no-notice written and practical performance exams, and if you fail you can’t join a crew slot in MP until you pass. Sound like a horrible idea? Of course it’s a horrible idea. Next thing you know we’ll have a certificate database and currency requirements (for those that can pass aeromedical). 😉

• Like 1

One of the main things I would look forward to is the flight engineer slot.  That's the guy that gets things rolling and warmed up while the pilot and copilot talk business.  And as mentioned, who is going in the back to check on the slingload if it isn't the flight engineer.  Honestly, the more the merrier. We should have at least one slot for each bench seat.  Party bus!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...