DCS: AH-64D Discussion Thread

falcon_120

On 9/10/2021 at 6:12 PM, kgillers3 said:

If you're referring to the HMD 30mm engagement it doesn't, no assists for HMD 30 engagments. 

I think that's correct also because the shooter was clearly back-leading the targets.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

35 minutes ago, fargo007 said:

I think that's correct also because the shooter was clearly back-leading the targets.

All I was saying is HMD shots aren't compensated for, TADs engagements are.  You can see in the lower left hand corner its P-HMD meaning he's using the HMD as a sight. So you have to manually lead with your head.  There's kind of a neat ballistic affect (really a combination of two) that occurs when aiming on the left or right for hmd shots and that appears to be incorporated to some degree as well which is cool. 

Edited by kgillers3
  • Like 2

Yup - in terms of ballistics....   moving target vs. moving shooter.  Moving lateral target you aim out in front of it.  

Moving shooter, stationary target you have to back lead (aim behind) to compensate for the speed of the helicopter. 

It makes sense that the TADS would be able to do this while the IHADSS itself wouldn't be able to.

Edited by fargo007
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:37 AM, NWGJulian said:

i think its super awesome to have real apache pilots here, and its a joy to read such detailed infos about it!

kinda insane how amazing this forum is! thanks a lot guys 🙂

It is, holding the cross hair off target to compensate for bullet drop is awesome.

It requires skill that in the DCS virtual world, is very much needed.

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:

Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate.

Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.

My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed.

VR Driver system:

I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3

[code][code][code][code]

[/code][/code][/code][/code]200 Hz. No OC at the mo.

wags mentions options for 3 map types, Chart map, satellite, and digital moving map.....

SO maybe we can get TAMMAC for the F/A18C which has similar additional options too?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

This bird will be released by the end of the yer as ED stated. Normally pre purchase periods last about 3 months at least.

Since we are entering last 3 months of the year, does it mean no pre purchase for this module or it will be released at the very last days of the year? 

FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16CAH-64D

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60 | F-4E

Youtube

Z390 / i7 9700K / RTX3070 / 32 GB Ram / 2x 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

vor 41 Minuten schrieb ebabil:

This bird will be released by the end of the yer as ED stated. Normally pre purchase periods last about 3 months at least.

Since we are entering last 3 months of the year, does it mean no pre purchase for this module or it will be released at the very last days of the year? 

i would say just calm 🙂 i think pre purchase will be a) today, or b) next friday

1 hour ago, NWGJulian said:

i would say just calm 🙂 i think pre purchase will be a) today, or b) next friday

I always though that the Apache preorder will be relased once the Mosquito arrives

i7 9700K | Corsair Pro Vengeance 32Gb 3200 Mhz | KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080Ti SG | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro | Western Digital SN750 1TB | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | OCZ ZX 1000W | Asus ROG Shift PG27V | Xiaomi P1 55" | Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrusmaster Warthog Throttle | Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C Warthog | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | Ka-50 BlackShark II | Mi-24P Hind | SuperCarrier

On 9/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, Mad_Shell said:

The robbie tank appears in the fuel page in a screenshot:InkedIn_Dev_04.06.2021.2_LI.jpg

In some others screenshots we see the Apache carries 1200 30mm rounds (no robbie tank):

In_Dev2c.jpg

So my conclusion is that we will have the option to add or remove the robbie tank.

Tkanks for the info!

OH I hope you guys are all right,, PRE-ORDER soon... Cant wait for that.. 

Bring it on.. yeah baby..

• Like 3

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

vor 1 Minute schrieb malarcky:

What do you get if you preorder? Just curious, or its just a pay now thing and forget about it until it releases.

Usually a 30% discount. This will be reduced to 20% when early access starts. At least this was the case for the Hind.

• Like 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb malarcky:

What do you get if you preorder? Just curious, or its just a pay now thing and forget about it until it releases.

to be super honest from my side here: as long as i dont see the ah64 on the dcs website, and as long as i am unable to pay a real penny for it, i dont trust these guys that the apache module is actually REAL! 😝😝😝

so far, this whole topic is nothing more than a wet dream.

as soon as i pay real money for it, i can really know that this whole thing is not just an aprils joke 😬

i know, that sounds super weird.

but for me this is all too good to be true.

i think that is the reason why i am so hyped for the pre order start.

Edited by NWGJulian
  • Like 1