DCS: AH-64D Discussion Thread

falcon_120

Any beta tester needed? I worked in the IT industry for over 12 years so I think I am pretty qualified. 🙂

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Yup - in terms of ballistics....   moving target vs. moving shooter.  Moving lateral target you aim out in front of it.  

Moving shooter, stationary target you have to back lead (aim behind) to compensate for the speed of the helicopter. 

It makes sense that the TADS would be able to do this while the IHADSS itself wouldn't be able to.

Edited by fargo007
  • Like 2

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

On 9/13/2021 at 9:37 AM, NWGJulian said:

i think its super awesome to have real apache pilots here, and its a joy to read such detailed infos about it!

kinda insane how amazing this forum is! thanks a lot guys 🙂

It is, holding the cross hair off target to compensate for bullet drop is awesome.

It requires skill that in the DCS virtual world, is very much needed.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

wags mentions options for 3 map types, Chart map, satellite, and digital moving map.....

SO maybe we can get TAMMAC for the F/A18C which has similar additional options too?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

This bird will be released by the end of the yer as ED stated. Normally pre purchase periods last about 3 months at least.

Since we are entering last 3 months of the year, does it mean no pre purchase for this module or it will be released at the very last days of the year? 

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

vor 41 Minuten schrieb ebabil:

This bird will be released by the end of the yer as ED stated. Normally pre purchase periods last about 3 months at least.

Since we are entering last 3 months of the year, does it mean no pre purchase for this module or it will be released at the very last days of the year? 

i would say just calm 🙂 i think pre purchase will be a) today, or b) next friday

1 hour ago, NWGJulian said:

i would say just calm 🙂 i think pre purchase will be a) today, or b) next friday

I always though that the Apache preorder will be relased once the Mosquito arrives

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

On 9/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, Mad_Shell said:

The robbie tank appears in the fuel page in a screenshot:InkedIn_Dev_04.06.2021.2_LI.jpg

In some others screenshots we see the Apache carries 1200 30mm rounds (no robbie tank):

In_Dev2c.jpg

So my conclusion is that we will have the option to add or remove the robbie tank.

Tkanks for the info!

OH I hope you guys are all right,, PRE-ORDER soon... Cant wait for that.. 

Bring it on.. yeah baby..

• Like 3

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

vor 2 Stunden schrieb malarcky:

What do you get if you preorder? Just curious, or its just a pay now thing and forget about it until it releases.

to be super honest from my side here: as long as i dont see the ah64 on the dcs website, and as long as i am unable to pay a real penny for it, i dont trust these guys that the apache module is actually REAL! 😝😝😝

so far, this whole topic is nothing more than a wet dream.

as soon as i pay real money for it, i can really know that this whole thing is not just an aprils joke 😬

i know, that sounds super weird.

but for me this is all too good to be true.

i think that is the reason why i am so hyped for the pre order start.

Edited by NWGJulian
  • Like 1

Super hyped-up by the latest chain gun vid. Keep up the good work.

• Like 5

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I'm trying not to get too hyped about it. While the footage looks very sexy and cool, I keep worrying about performance. The Hind has literally brought my PC down to it's knees (I run a 3090GTX and VR) and I have had to drop graphical settings to get it to run at 45/90 FPS (Usually 45 with motion smoothing) significantly since it's release. 

The Apache seems to have even more detail and I wonder if we really need it all. Maybe some of the internal alpha\beta testers can chime in on the current performance of the module to set our minds at ease. 

The last thing I would want to do is pre-order, only to discover that it is unplayable in VR. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 4

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I never complain about FPS  in DCS ( i have a RTX 3090 ) except since i buy the KA50 and you can see a huge impact with and without skhval on/off.   I think Helos need a  improvement somewhere  and  ALL the game  need something

I know my I7 59300k is a old processor but with NVMe + 32gb of RAM and a RTX 3090 i think i can manage more than  50 FPS in 2560X1080.

1 hour ago, ThoWmas31 said:

I never complain about FPS  in DCS ( i have a RTX 3090 ) except since i buy the KA50 and you can see a huge impact with and without skhval on/off.   I think Helos need a  improvement somewhere  and  ALL the game  need something

I know my I7 59300k is a old processor but with NVMe + 32gb of RAM and a RTX 3090 i think i can manage more than  50 FPS in 2560X1080.

That's CPU related, I'm on a 3080 and a Ryzen 5800, 64GB RAM, 90-140 FPS in 3440x1440.