DCS: AH-64D Discussion Thread

falcon_120

Today's newsletter says the rotor mounted FCR will be available starting from early access. Would that be the dome shape mast on top of the rotor system. That is awesome news if that it is same thing.

• Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

That external model must be quite the challenge to get right, I bet, but also offer quite a lot of satisfaction for the modellers when they *do* get it right 😀

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

2 hours ago, Eaglewings said:

Today's newsletter says the rotor mounted FCR will be available starting from early access.

No it didn't: it says it will be "made available during early access" aka before the end of EA, whenever that may be.
For example, if the Apache will be in early access for 2 years but the Longbow radar will be available at 1 year 11 months, they will have kept their promise.

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

No it didn't: it says it will be "made available during early access" aka before the end of EA, whenever that may be.
For example, if the Apache will be in early access for 2 years but the Longbow radar will be available at 1 year 11 months, they will have kept their promise.
Thank you fellow for the elaborate clarification. I guess I should have use "during Early Access" instead of "starting from Early Access" in my post.

Eagerly waiting to see the Apache unfold into reality in dcs.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Damn....this last teaser video. Puts the capital "T" into (T)easer.... 🙂

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I have only one question: when?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

8 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Late 2021 has the plan

Actually in this last teaser video it says: Coming 2021

Looks like it's coming along nicely. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced the presale soon. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I haven't been this choked up from a video since Old Yeller <sniff>

My old comments from DCS Forums:

Posted May 26, 2015
If ED ever makes a PFM/ASM of the AH-64D, I'll have to dig a slit trench in my office and buy a two year supply of beefaroni.. only to find next time I take a break that my wife has moved out and my dog is bonding with the neighbors.

Posted July 7, 2015
AH-64.. I'd gnaw on my monitor and whine like a mutt.

Posted February 20, 2018
Me if DCS:AH-64 ever happens: "I don't remember what day I lost my job, my house, my cars, or my wife. I don't even know if today is shower day.  I can tell you the launch date of DCS: AH-64 Apache though. Ahh what a glorious day! Hey, does someone on your news crew have a sandwich or something? Yeah ok, I'll take off my VR goggles for a sandwich."

Posted January 24, 2018
..I think my vote would go to the AH-64 instead of the KA-52. The notion does put a fear in me though. I will, very likely, lose my job and my marriage if ED puts out an Apache module.

• Like 5

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

12 hours ago, Bedouin said:

Has there been any news about if there will be training missions from Early Access/release or if they will first come afterwards.

If the Hind EA release is anything to go by, then at least a couple of training missions should be available at release. Probably just the basic stuff, like start-up, taxi, take-off and landing. 

*disclaimer* this is just an educated guess. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 3:36 AM, alvarolage said:

Has anything been confirmed about robbie tanks?

The robbie tank appears in the fuel page in a screenshot:InkedIn_Dev_04.06.2021.2_LI.jpg

In some others screenshots we see the Apache carries 1200 30mm rounds (no robbie tank):

In_Dev2c.jpg

So my conclusion is that we will have the option to add or remove the robbie tank.

• Like 3