My AV8B won't move

sirrah

Now that we have a pilot body, I just got into the Harrier after months of not flying this module.

I tried out one of the missions I made for myself over a year ago and used the "auto-start" cheat (because I didn't have much time 😛 )

I probably forgot something, because after the start sequence completed, my Harrier kept standing still rock solid. Even at full throttle/max. rpm (yes, I disengaged the parking brake) it doesn't move at all. Also tried taking off vertically with half fuel, still no movement.

As if my wheels are glued to the ground 😛 

Also tried the basic cold and dark instant action mission. Same results.

I'm obviously missing something.. Any ideas?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

22 minutes ago, SGT Coyle said:

You have wheel chocks placed by default.  You need to have the Chief pull them prior to APU start.  It's a brake pressure thing and an ED bug.

Ah ok, because I tried that and the crew chief said "unable to comply"

Didn't know it was needed before apu start.

A bit silly though, that wheel chocks prevent my Harrier from taking of vertically 😂

But I understand that's a bug

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

12 minutes ago, sirrah said:

A bit silly though, that wheel chocks prevent my Harrier from taking of vertically 😂

But I understand that's a bug

We all know that ground crew like a prank. Harrier-glue will always be funny to them.

GTX 1080Ti, i7 8700@4.4Ghz, 16Gb DDR4.

29 minutes ago, HedgeSlammer said:

Be aware that the parking brake also now seems to be on by default

I don't think I've ever gotten into a Harrier without the parking brake on.  Is, or was, it tied to the INS alignment preference setting?

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• 4 weeks later...

This one got me too : )

Haven't played DCS for a while. Got into the Harrier yesterday and started it up as usual. Nope, glued to the ramp. Tried everything... well almost, not the chocks! So here's the bit where you get to make fun at the noob. I actually went as far as re-installing DCS before reading this thread (face palm) haha.

Edited by A Dick

Auto Start does put the Parking Brake on - and it is difficult to release - best advice is to bind the release of hand brake to a key. No idea how many times I accidently pulled the throttle back around the horn and switched off engine (after  3 MINUTE AUTO START !!) in trying to use the mouse to release the parking brake

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm if this wheel chocks bug is still not solved?

Just refreshed my AV8B cold start training, completed all steps, ready to taxi... and now I can't remove the wheel chocks :doh:

The face slapping emoji is partly for myself (I forgot about this issue) and partly for RAMBAM (shouldn't this stupid bug have been squashed long time ago?!)

System specs:

6 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Remove chocks before start up. :pilotfly:

Is this issue at all acknowledged by ED and/or RAZBAM?

(is this so hard to fix?)

System specs:

if you would use the search function instead of just assuming then:

according to Elmo in some *duplicate report wheel chocks cant be removed thread* in resolved bugs section:

'ED already has it fixed in their internal dev_build'

so now we can only wait for this to be pushed to open beta

Edited by Wisky

maybe u guys  that having  issues  with the  wheel  chocks  are  your  throttles  fully  in idle  if  not  the  ground crew  wont  be  able  to  remove the  chocks,  havnt  got  this  bird  but  in the  hornet  if  you have  your  throttles  just out of  idle  ground  crew  wont  remove  chocks

6 hours ago, Wisky said:

if you would use the search function instead of just assuming then:

I wasn't assuming anything 🤨

But sorry for not doing a full forum search, before replying to my own thread.

6 hours ago, Wisky said:

according to Elmo in some *duplicate report wheel chocks cant be removed thread* in resolved bugs section:

'ED already has it fixed in their internal dev_build'

Ok, thanks. Good to know :thumbup:

(I guess I expected something as basic as this to be solved "already" somewhere along the first few years of development)

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

maybe u guys  that having  issues  with the  wheel  chocks  are  your  throttles  fully  in idle  if  not  the  ground crew  wont  be  able  to  remove the  chocks,  havnt  got  this  bird  but  in the  hornet  if  you have  your  throttles  just out of  idle  ground  crew  wont  remove  chocks

I know Pete, but this one's a bug 🙂

Even with throttle in idle, you can't remove the chocks

System specs:

vor 7 Stunden schrieb sirrah:

Ok, thanks. Good to know :thumbup:

(I guess I expected something as basic as this to be solved "already" somewhere along the first few years of development)

the harrier didnt had wheel chocks before december 2020. 

so if it would have been fixed ‚somewhere along the first few years of development‘ you wouldnt have wheel chocks now at all 😉

44 minutes ago, Wisky said:

the harrier didnt had wheel chocks before december 2020. 

so if it would have been fixed ‚somewhere along the first few years of development‘ you wouldnt have wheel chocks now at all 😉

Aahhh ok, that explains it all then

Sorry for my misunderstanding 

System specs:

Wheel chocks are still a thing and parking brake will interfere with throttle if not released.

Releasing parking brake with mouse click does not seem to work well, key board commands are better and should be set up.

My keys are alt-w to enable and shift-w to release.

I don't know they are default or not, as I tend to change keys to my liking.

Good luck! :pilotfly: