[REPORTED] Engine seizure yaw

MIDWAY

I found a repeatable engine seizure yaw issue.  When seizing the engine after a high speed dive, the aircraft yaws heavily to the left and holds that yaw no matter what the rudder input or airspeed.  

I could repeat this issue multiple times.   This first occurred online and I had such a hard left yaw it was a near flat spin.  I could maintain altitude as well at 150mph with wings level.  I have not been able to repeat that occurrence of yaw plus power with a seized engine. 

• NineLine changed the title to [NEED TRACK] Engine seizure yaw

You think that’s bad, lol, try getting to 300mph, then use the prop rpm switch to increase rpm to 4500rpm.   After the engine seizes, you’ll be able to climb indefinitely.   Well, that’s not true, since my P47 got up 122,000feet before completely  exploding for some reason.  

But yeah, the whole time, there is this phantom yawing force being applied.    

This is the funniest bug Ive seen, and i had a blast with it last night, but alas, it is a bug that needs to be squashed. Ill try to get a track file up tonight.

Edited by Cgjunk2

• NineLine changed the title to [REPORTED] Engine seizure yaw

Sorry havent gotten the track file up yet, but glad it’s reported.  Basically, from my eyes it seems some phantom force is being generated with an upward/sideways vector coming from the side of the fuselage somewhere.   The amount of force varies to where it’s just yawing and keeping you at same altitude on some occassions, but on other occasions the force is enough to cause altitude increase greater than what the  vsi can read.  Either way there is considerable yaw.   

Any chance the that the airscoops for engine cooling and intercoolers make some thrust like the p51? .  If so, maybe the values for thrust are messed up?

On 12/18/2020 at 3:21 PM, Cgjunk2 said:

You think that’s bad, lol, try getting to 300mph, then use the prop rpm switch to increase rpm to 4500rpm.   After the engine seizes, you’ll be able to climb indefinitely.   Well, that’s not true, since my P47 got up 122,000feet before completely  exploding for some reason.  

But yeah, the whole time, there is this phantom yawing force being applied.    

This is the funniest bug Ive seen, and i had a blast with it last night, but alas, it is a bug that needs to be squashed. Ill try to get a track file up tonight.

Are you flying a P-47 or an X 15?  😁🤣

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Haha.   I thought I reached some hard coded altitude limit when I blew up. But apparently not, as I was flying with another P47 pilot on Aerobatics online at the same time who got past 160,000 feet and didnt blow up.  

Try it out for yourself!  Just get it to any speed beyond 300, faster the better, then hold.the prop switch forward until the engine seizes.   Then hold on for the ride!   Great fun lol