Jump to content

Problem after update 2.5.6.59398 and clean installation


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

Ik updated my DCS to the new version (2.5.6.59398) but i can get it to start anymore. It freezes in the startup window (logo) and wont start. I reinstalled the completed game with a fresh version but i still have the same result. I dont get an error message, only 'DCS is not responding'. Before update everything worked without any problems.

 

Log file after reinstall:

 

=== Log opened UTC 2020-12-18 09:57:19
2020-12-18 09:57:18.696 INFO    DCS: Command line: "D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin/DCS.exe"
2020-12-18 09:57:18.696 INFO    DCS: DCS/2.5.6.59398 (x86_64; Windows NT 10.0.18362)
2020-12-18 09:57:18.696 INFO    DCS: DCS revision: 179396
2020-12-18 09:57:18.696 INFO    DCS: Renderer revision: 21314
2020-12-18 09:57:18.696 INFO    DCS: Terrain revision: 21287
2020-12-18 09:57:18.696 INFO    DCS: CPU cores: 4, threads: 8, System RAM: 12286 MB, Pagefile: 26264 MB
2020-12-18 09:57:18.746 INFO    EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:0
2020-12-18 09:57:18.764 INFO    Dispatcher: 2020/12/18 10:57 V1803061700
2020-12-18 09:57:18.802 INFO    INPUT: Device [Keyboard] created deviceId = -1
2020-12-18 09:57:18.809 INFO    INPUT: Device [TWCS Throttle {12B3EBC0-434F-11ea-8003-444553540000}] created deviceId = -1
2020-12-18 09:57:18.809 INFO    INPUT: Joystick created[TWCS Throttle {12B3EBC0-434F-11ea-8003-444553540000}], ForceFeedBack: no
2020-12-18 09:57:18.814 INFO    INPUT: Device [T.16000M {11F9EA90-434F-11ea-8002-444553540000}] created deviceId = -1
2020-12-18 09:57:18.814 INFO    INPUT: Joystick created[T.16000M {11F9EA90-434F-11ea-8002-444553540000}], ForceFeedBack: no
2020-12-18 09:57:18.814 INFO    INPUT: Device [Mouse] created deviceId = -1
2020-12-18 09:57:18.817 INFO    INPUT: Device [TrackIR] created deviceId = -1
2020-12-18 09:57:18.853 INFO    SOUND: Using driver: wasapi
2020-12-18 09:57:18.857 INFO    SOUND: Found 2 available audio device(s):
2020-12-18 09:57:18.857 INFO    SOUND:   0: ID: "{0.0.0.00000000}.{8c729d9a-450c-42f2-a3e2-66748aecabff}", Name: "DELL P2417H (2- NVIDIA High Definition Audio)"
2020-12-18 09:57:18.857 INFO    SOUND:   1: ID: "{0.0.0.00000000}.{e9dc95cc-3162-4b86-84d5-bf38400b0171}", Name: "BLADE_DISPLAY (2- NVIDIA High Definition Audio)"
2020-12-18 09:57:26.615 INFO    SOUND: Added sound path: Sounds
2020-12-18 09:57:26.648 INFO    SOUNDER: Loaded 207 packed sounders.
2020-12-18 09:57:26.648 INFO    Dispatcher: InitLow
=== Log closed.
 


Edited by Steved
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rename your /saved games/dcs.openbeta/ folder, say to dcs.openbeta.bak ... then run DCS again, it will re-create a default dcs.openbeta folder. If it works, then exit dcs (We were just checking where the issue is).

 

next, copy from the backup the dcs.openbeta.bak/config folder and the /missioneditor folder And restart dcs again, it should work. If all is well you can recover from the backup other items, like liveries and missions.


Edited by Rudel_chw

 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately no result.

 

00000.024 INFO : DCS_Updater/2.10.6.63 (Windows NT 10.0.18362; Win64; en-NL)
00000.024 INFO : src-id: baf92d0a5bb967be5dcb68784e54459d083e8c3d, lib-id: bae3744c50d64647d7c5ee5a1236d3ae42dbbb1e
00000.024 INFO : cmdline: "D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" --apply repair
00000.100 STATUS: Initializing...
00000.102 INFO : basedir: D:\DCS World OpenBeta\
00000.102 INFO : dcs_variant.txt: openbeta
00000.104 INFO : DCS/2.5.6.59398 (x86_64; EN;  WORLD)
00000.104 INFO : branch: openbeta
00000.104 STATUS: Connecting to update servers...
00000.268 INFO : Got reply from www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
00000.366 INFO : Got reply from www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
00000.369 INFO : Showing the repair mode dialog
00030.510 STATUS: Verifying cached version info...
00030.695 STATUS: Verifying installed files...
00039.796 INFO : 0 files are changed or missing.
00040.601 STATUS: Preparing download...
00040.608 INFO : To download: 0 bytes in 0 files
00040.608 STATUS: Searching for already downloaded files...
00040.611 INFO : Found 1 local source(s).
00040.611 INFO : Local source: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\
00040.611 INFO : To copy from local: 0 bytes in 0 files
00040.611 INFO : To download: 0 bytes in 0 files
00040.666 STATUS: Removing obsolete files...
00040.823 INFO : Removed 0 files.
00041.180 INFO : Kept 40705 files.
00041.180 INFO : Nothing to install.
00041.199 STATUS: Installing runtimes...
00042.006 INFO : distr/vc_redist.x64.exe succeeded with code 1638
00042.061 STATUS: Cleaning up...
00042.484 STATUS: Successfully repaired version 2.5.6.59398@openbeta
00045.107 === Log closed.

 

 


Edited by Steved
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

sorry you are having problems 

Please contact technical support here 
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

 

The guide below will help you provide the data needed.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/support_ticket/

 

Thank you
The ED Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steved said:

I just reinstalled windows and deleted ALL my files. I used a fresh version of the latest open beta from the website to reinstalled DCS.

and still have the same problem. I tried rayrayblues solution but no result.

 

Started a support ticket.

I opened a support ticket aswell, they suggested to remove all the non official mods and then rename the mods folder in /saved games/dcsopenbeta/ to ''temp''. literally didnt change a single thing

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 900viper said:

I opened a support ticket aswell, they suggested to remove all the non official mods and then rename the mods folder in /saved games/dcsopenbeta/ to ''temp''. literally didnt change a single thing

 

 

Do you have exactly the same problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so I reverted the installation to the previous version 2.5.6.58125 and everything worked without any problems. So I have a clean windows 10 installation with a clean (without any mods installed) DCS installation. I upgraded again to the newest version and the problem is still there. The complete autoupdtae_log.txt is attached to this message. 

autoupdate_log.txt


Edited by Steved
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm affected by the same issue. I have an AMD 3950X, with a 2080Ti and Asus 570x prime motherboard. It fails with or without a fresh Saved Games folder, as well as before and after a repair or reinstall. I've tested both. Having talked to someone else with the issue I can add the following info:

  • It affects both the steam and standalone versions
  • It affects both Intel and AMD chips (the other person had a Xeon)
  • There are no windows system logs placed other than a generic (and totally unhelpful) "Application Hang" event in event viewer.

Having looked at a few other people's logs, it seems like the next step in the startup process normally would be to go ahead and initiate the steam authorization process, but that doesn't start. 

 

At a low level, I've been able to determine that immediately after the last log messsage ("Dispatcher: InitLow") a bunch of threads terminate, but the parent process stays running. I haven't been able to figure out how or why these threads are exiting, unfortunately. A TCP HTTPS connection to digitalcombatsimulator.com is initiated as part of the startup process, but it seems to be closed after the threads crash.

 

One question- can I get DCS to make this connection through a proxy? If I could, I'd be able to provide _much_ more helpful info to help track this info down. I tried configuring windows to use a proxy but DCS seems to ignore that windows setting....

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your PC date and time is not right, please try this:

  1. Right click the Windows clock (bottom right) and select "Ajust Date and Time"
  2. Uncheck "Set Time Zone automatically"
  3. Manually select your Time Zone
  4. Try DCS

 

A lot of users had this issue and were unable to play the latest OB. I'm 75% sure you have the same issue @Steved.

 

image.png

 


Edited by Flappie
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flappie said:

If your PC date and time is not right, please try this:

  1. Right click the Windows clock (bottom right) and select "Ajust Date and Time"
  2. Uncheck "Set Time Zone automatically"
  3. Manually select your Time Zone
  4. Try DCS

 

A lot of users had this issue and were unable to play the latest OB. I'm 75% sure you have the same issue @Steved.

 

image.png

 

 

 

Thanks for the follow up, but I think we've got a different problem. I think this fix is related to issues with authorization failing. Our installs don't even get to the point where they check authorization. I did try this, and it had no effect.


Edited by acceleraptor
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Flappie said:

If your PC date and time is not right, please try this:

  1. Right click the Windows clock (bottom right) and select "Ajust Date and Time"
  2. Uncheck "Set Time Zone automatically"
  3. Manually select your Time Zone
  4. Try DCS

 

A lot of users had this issue and were unable to play the latest OB. I'm 75% sure you have the same issue @Steved.

 

image.png

 

 

 

Thank you for your response. I tried to change the time like you suggested but without any result. I tried to disable the firewall and it didn't work either.


Edited by Steved
Link to post
Share on other sites

I FIX TO ME THE PROBLEM! 

 

What i did: 

 

All the stuff: Clean up and repair

 

after, in the clock, right mouse botton, seetings data and hour, uncheck automatic hour and automatic time zone, after: sync now

 

after....check (activate) automatic hour and automatic time zone, sync now again and....WORK! DCS start with my default OPENBETA FOLDER on the saved games with all my settings.

 

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sidneyparizotto said:

I FIX TO ME THE PROBLEM! 

 

What i did: 

 

All the stuff: Clean up and repair

 

after, in the clock, right mouse botton, seetings data and hour, uncheck automatic hour and automatic time zone, after: sync now

 

after....check (activate) automatic hour and automatic time zone, sync now again and....WORK! DCS start with my default OPENBETA FOLDER on the saved games with all my settings.

 

image.png

 

Thank you for your response. I tried the actions you suggested but no result. 

 


Edited by Steved
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LaRata said:

Same problem ...  DCS Open Beta do not start ....  😟

 

There are a lot of things that can cause DCS not to start, so it isn't necessarily the same issue as OP. Maybe if you attached your dcs.log file we could gather more clues about your specific issue.

 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

After doing some digging, it seems like kernel32.dll:FatalExit()is being called, which may be suppressing/bypassing DCS's normal error handing/crash reporting routines. Regardless, the execution appears to terminate without executing DCS's crash handler. The stack seems to be a bit corrupted at the time of the FatalExit call, but I was able to pull this call stack out:

Address          To               From             Siz Comment                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Party 
00000035ED10EEC8 00007FF6DE6C40C4 00007FF6DE6B37D0 B0  return to dcs.sub_7FF6DE6C3FE0+E4 from dcs.00007FF6DE6B37D0                                                                                                                                                                             User
00000035ED10EF78 00007FFFC802F706 00007FF6DF762FBC 10  return to ucrtbase._malloc_base+36 from ???                                                                                                                                                                                             System
00000035ED10EF88 00007FFFBC394D3E 00007FFFBC393DE0 20  return to lua.00007FFFBC394D3E from lua.00007FFFBC393DE0                                                                                                                                                                                User
00000035ED10EFA8 00007FFFBC38D188 00007FF6DE6C3ECF 40  return to lua.00007FFFBC38D188 from ???                                                                                                                                                                                                 User
00000035ED10EFE8 00007FF6DE6C3ECF 00007FF6DF762D8F 130 return to dcs.00007FF6DE6C3ECF from ???                                                                                                                                                                                                 User
00000035ED10F118 00007FFFC53EE4B3 00007FFFC53F0410 2D0 return to apphelp.SE_GetProcAddressForCaller+303 from apphelp.__security_check_cookie                                                                                                                                                   System
00000035ED10F3E8 00007FFFAB1F6CAC 00007FFFAB1F6B04 F0  return to vcruntime140.DName::DName+68 from vcruntime140.private: void __cdecl DName::doPchar<1>(char const * __ptr64,int) __ptr64                                                                                                      System
00000035ED10F4D8 00007FFFAB1F6AC6 00007FFFAB1FAA78 C0  return to vcruntime140.DName::append<pcharNode>+26 from vcruntime140.public: void * __ptr64 __cdecl _HeapManager::getMemoryWithBuffer(unsigned __int64) __ptr64                                                                         System
00000035ED10F598 00007FFFCA4C48EA 00007FFFCA4C0CF4 20  return to ntdll.RtlpFreeHeap+49A from ntdll.RtlpHeapAddListEntry                                                                                                                                                                        System
00000035ED10F5B8 00007FFFAB1F8C8B 00007FFFAB1F9D44 20  return to vcruntime140.UnDecorator::getBasicDataType+3F3 from vcruntime140.private: static class DName __cdecl UnDecorator::getECSUDataType(void)                                                                                       System
00000035ED10F5D8 00007FFFCA4C786B 00007FFFCA4B3B3C C0  return to ntdll.RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext+21B from ntdll.RtlpLfhFindClearBitAndSet                                                                                                                                                System
00000035ED10F698 00007FFFCA4C6E2C 00007FFFCA4C7650 20  return to ntdll.RtlpAllocateHeapInternal+12C from ntdll.RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext                                                                                                                                                 System
00000035ED10F6B8 00007FFFCA4C786B 00007FFFCA4B3B3C 50  return to ntdll.RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext+21B from ntdll.RtlpLfhFindClearBitAndSet                                                                                                                                                System
00000035ED10F708 00007FFFCA4C786B 00007FFFCA4B3B3C 80  return to ntdll.RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext+21B from ntdll.RtlpLfhFindClearBitAndSet                                                                                                                                                System
00000035ED10F788 00007FFFCA4C786B 00007FFFCA4B3B3C 1A0 return to ntdll.RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext+21B from ntdll.RtlpLfhFindClearBitAndSet                                                                                                                                                System
00000035ED10F928 00007FFFC803200E                  30  return to ucrtbase.__crt_seh_guarded_call<int>::operator()<<lambda_638799b9deba96c50f710eeac98168cd>,<lambda_22ebabd17bc4fa466a2aca6d8deb888d> &,<lambda_a6f7d7db0129f75315ebf26d50c089f1> >+4E from ???                                System
00000035ED10F958 00007FFFC8031FB0 00007FFFC8031FC0 F0  return to ucrtbase._register_onexit_function+A0 from ucrtbase.__crt_seh_guarded_call<int>::operator()<<lambda_638799b9deba96c50f710eeac98168cd>,<lambda_22ebabd17bc4fa466a2aca6d8deb888d> &,<lambda_a6f7d7db0129f75315ebf26d50c089f1> > System
00000035ED10FA48 00007FF6DE893C6E 00007FF6DE2ED750 40  return to dcs.00007FF6DE893C6E from dcs.00007FF6DE2ED750                                                                                                                                                                                User
00000035ED10FA88 00007FFFC8527034                  30  return to kernel32.BaseThreadInitThunk+14 from ???                                                                                                                                                                                      System
00000035ED10FAB8 00007FFFCA4FD0D1                      return to ntdll.RtlUserThreadStart+21 from ???                                                                                                                                                                                          System

 

The first entry in the call stack corresponds to this snippet of the binary:

 

00007FF6DE6C4033 | E8 B8B0C2FF              | call dcs.7FF6DE2EF0F0                                                            |
00007FF6DE6C4038 | 45:33FF                  | xor r15d,r15d                                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C403B | 48:8B05 76472400         | mov rax,qword ptr ds:[<&?globalWorldManager@@3PEAVWorldManager@@EA>]             |
00007FF6DE6C4042 | 4C:3938                  | cmp qword ptr ds:[rax],r15                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C4045 | 75 38                    | jne dcs.7FF6DE6C407F                                                             |
00007FF6DE6C4047 | B9 C8000000              | mov ecx,C8                                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C404C | E8 63F11C00              | call dcs.7FF6DE8931B4                                                            |
00007FF6DE6C4051 | 48:8BD8                  | mov rbx,rax                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C4054 | 48:8945 AF               | mov qword ptr ss:[rbp-51],rax                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C4058 | 48:85C0                  | test rax,rax                                                                     |
00007FF6DE6C405B | 74 15                    | je dcs.7FF6DE6C4072                                                              |
00007FF6DE6C405D | 48:8BC8                  | mov rcx,rax                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C4060 | FF15 3A492400            | call qword ptr ds:[<&??0WorldManager@@QEAA@XZ>]                                  |
00007FF6DE6C4066 | 48:8D05 13B62C00         | lea rax,qword ptr ds:[7FF6DE98F680]                                              |
00007FF6DE6C406D | 48:8903                  | mov qword ptr ds:[rbx],rax                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C4070 | EB 03                    | jmp dcs.7FF6DE6C4075                                                             |
00007FF6DE6C4072 | 49:8BDF                  | mov rbx,r15                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C4075 | 48:8B05 3C472400         | mov rax,qword ptr ds:[<&?globalWorldManager@@3PEAVWorldManager@@EA>]             |
00007FF6DE6C407C | 48:8918                  | mov qword ptr ds:[rax],rbx                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C407F | 48:8B05 CA212400         | mov rax,qword ptr ds:[<&?globalOptions@@3PEAVIOptions@@EA>]                      |
00007FF6DE6C4086 | 48:8338 00               | cmp qword ptr ds:[rax],0                                                         |
00007FF6DE6C408A | 75 2D                    | jne dcs.7FF6DE6C40B9                                                             |
00007FF6DE6C408C | B9 40010000              | mov ecx,140                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C4091 | E8 1EF11C00              | call dcs.7FF6DE8931B4                                                            |
00007FF6DE6C4096 | 48:8945 AF               | mov qword ptr ss:[rbp-51],rax                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C409A | 48:85C0                  | test rax,rax                                                                     |
00007FF6DE6C409D | 74 0D                    | je dcs.7FF6DE6C40AC                                                              |
00007FF6DE6C409F | 48:8BC8                  | mov rcx,rax                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C40A2 | E8 89B10600              | call dcs.7FF6DE72F230                                                            |
00007FF6DE6C40A7 | 48:8BC8                  | mov rcx,rax                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C40AA | EB 03                    | jmp dcs.7FF6DE6C40AF                                                             |
00007FF6DE6C40AC | 49:8BCF                  | mov rcx,r15                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C40AF | 48:8B05 9A212400         | mov rax,qword ptr ds:[<&?globalOptions@@3PEAVIOptions@@EA>]                      |
00007FF6DE6C40B6 | 48:8908                  | mov qword ptr ds:[rax],rcx                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C40B9 | FF15 91312400            | call qword ptr ds:[<&?createGlobalLand@@YAXXZ>]                                  |
00007FF6DE6C40BF | E8 0CF7FEFF              | call dcs.7FF6DE6B37D0                                                            |
00007FF6DE6C40C4 | E8 77ACD2FF              | call dcs.7FF6DE3EED40    ( ****** FIRST CALL STACK ENTRY ****** )                |
00007FF6DE6C40C9 | 48:8B05 086F2400         | mov rax,qword ptr ds:[<&?globalConfig@@3PEAUlua_State@@EA>]                      |
00007FF6DE6C40D0 | 48:8B08                  | mov rcx,qword ptr ds:[rax]                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C40D3 | 48:894C24 38             | mov qword ptr ss:[rsp+38],rcx                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C40D8 | E8 149C1A00              | call <JMP.&lua_gettop>                                                           |
00007FF6DE6C40DD | 8945 87                  | mov dword ptr ss:[rbp-79],eax                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C40E0 | BA EED8FFFF              | mov edx,FFFFD8EE                                                                 |
00007FF6DE6C40E5 | 48:8B4C24 38             | mov rcx,qword ptr ss:[rsp+38]                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C40EA | E8 0E9C1A00              | call <JMP.&lua_pushvalue>                                                        |
00007FF6DE6C40EF | 90                       | nop                                                                              |
00007FF6DE6C40F0 | 48:83BE 20010000 00      | cmp qword ptr ds:[rsi+120],0                                                     |
00007FF6DE6C40F8 | 75 5F                    | jne dcs.7FF6DE6C4159                                                             |

 

Let me know if there's any other info which might be useful!

 

8 minutes ago, Detr0y said:

I'm guessing everyone who has this problem has a Shadow PC right?

 

Interesting... I don't have a Shadow PC per say, but I do use DCS in in a QEMU VM... 🤔


Edited by acceleraptor
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, acceleraptor said:

After doing some digging, it seems like kernel32.dll:FatalExit()is being called, which may be suppressing/bypassing DCS's normal error handing/crash reporting routines. Regardless, the execution appears to terminate without executing DCS's crash handler. The stack seems to be a bit corrupted at the time of the FatalExit call, but I was able to pull this call stack out:


Address          To               From             Siz Comment                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Party 
00000035ED10EEC8 00007FF6DE6C40C4 00007FF6DE6B37D0 B0  return to dcs.sub_7FF6DE6C3FE0+E4 from dcs.00007FF6DE6B37D0                                                                                                                                                                             User
00000035ED10EF78 00007FFFC802F706 00007FF6DF762FBC 10  return to ucrtbase._malloc_base+36 from ???                                                                                                                                                                                             System
00000035ED10EF88 00007FFFBC394D3E 00007FFFBC393DE0 20  return to lua.00007FFFBC394D3E from lua.00007FFFBC393DE0                                                                                                                                                                                User
00000035ED10EFA8 00007FFFBC38D188 00007FF6DE6C3ECF 40  return to lua.00007FFFBC38D188 from ???                                                                                                                                                                                                 User
00000035ED10EFE8 00007FF6DE6C3ECF 00007FF6DF762D8F 130 return to dcs.00007FF6DE6C3ECF from ???                                                                                                                                                                                                 User
00000035ED10F118 00007FFFC53EE4B3 00007FFFC53F0410 2D0 return to apphelp.SE_GetProcAddressForCaller+303 from apphelp.__security_check_cookie                                                                                                                                                   System
00000035ED10F3E8 00007FFFAB1F6CAC 00007FFFAB1F6B04 F0  return to vcruntime140.DName::DName+68 from vcruntime140.private: void __cdecl DName::doPchar<1>(char const * __ptr64,int) __ptr64                                                                                                      System
00000035ED10F4D8 00007FFFAB1F6AC6 00007FFFAB1FAA78 C0  return to vcruntime140.DName::append<pcharNode>+26 from vcruntime140.public: void * __ptr64 __cdecl _HeapManager::getMemoryWithBuffer(unsigned __int64) __ptr64                                                                         System
00000035ED10F598 00007FFFCA4C48EA 00007FFFCA4C0CF4 20  return to ntdll.RtlpFreeHeap+49A from ntdll.RtlpHeapAddListEntry                                                                                                                                                                        System
00000035ED10F5B8 00007FFFAB1F8C8B 00007FFFAB1F9D44 20  return to vcruntime140.UnDecorator::getBasicDataType+3F3 from vcruntime140.private: static class DName __cdecl UnDecorator::getECSUDataType(void)                                                                                       System
00000035ED10F5D8 00007FFFCA4C786B 00007FFFCA4B3B3C C0  return to ntdll.RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext+21B from ntdll.RtlpLfhFindClearBitAndSet                                                                                                                                                System
00000035ED10F698 00007FFFCA4C6E2C 00007FFFCA4C7650 20  return to ntdll.RtlpAllocateHeapInternal+12C from ntdll.RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext                                                                                                                                                 System
00000035ED10F6B8 00007FFFCA4C786B 00007FFFCA4B3B3C 50  return to ntdll.RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext+21B from ntdll.RtlpLfhFindClearBitAndSet                                                                                                                                                System
00000035ED10F708 00007FFFCA4C786B 00007FFFCA4B3B3C 80  return to ntdll.RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext+21B from ntdll.RtlpLfhFindClearBitAndSet                                                                                                                                                System
00000035ED10F788 00007FFFCA4C786B 00007FFFCA4B3B3C 1A0 return to ntdll.RtlpLowFragHeapAllocFromContext+21B from ntdll.RtlpLfhFindClearBitAndSet                                                                                                                                                System
00000035ED10F928 00007FFFC803200E                  30  return to ucrtbase.__crt_seh_guarded_call<int>::operator()<<lambda_638799b9deba96c50f710eeac98168cd>,<lambda_22ebabd17bc4fa466a2aca6d8deb888d> &,<lambda_a6f7d7db0129f75315ebf26d50c089f1> >+4E from ???                                System
00000035ED10F958 00007FFFC8031FB0 00007FFFC8031FC0 F0  return to ucrtbase._register_onexit_function+A0 from ucrtbase.__crt_seh_guarded_call<int>::operator()<<lambda_638799b9deba96c50f710eeac98168cd>,<lambda_22ebabd17bc4fa466a2aca6d8deb888d> &,<lambda_a6f7d7db0129f75315ebf26d50c089f1> > System
00000035ED10FA48 00007FF6DE893C6E 00007FF6DE2ED750 40  return to dcs.00007FF6DE893C6E from dcs.00007FF6DE2ED750                                                                                                                                                                                User
00000035ED10FA88 00007FFFC8527034                  30  return to kernel32.BaseThreadInitThunk+14 from ???                                                                                                                                                                                      System
00000035ED10FAB8 00007FFFCA4FD0D1                      return to ntdll.RtlUserThreadStart+21 from ???                                                                                                                                                                                          System

 

The first entry in the call stack corresponds to this snippet of the binary:

 


00007FF6DE6C4033 | E8 B8B0C2FF              | call dcs.7FF6DE2EF0F0                                                            |
00007FF6DE6C4038 | 45:33FF                  | xor r15d,r15d                                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C403B | 48:8B05 76472400         | mov rax,qword ptr ds:[<&?globalWorldManager@@3PEAVWorldManager@@EA>]             |
00007FF6DE6C4042 | 4C:3938                  | cmp qword ptr ds:[rax],r15                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C4045 | 75 38                    | jne dcs.7FF6DE6C407F                                                             |
00007FF6DE6C4047 | B9 C8000000              | mov ecx,C8                                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C404C | E8 63F11C00              | call dcs.7FF6DE8931B4                                                            |
00007FF6DE6C4051 | 48:8BD8                  | mov rbx,rax                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C4054 | 48:8945 AF               | mov qword ptr ss:[rbp-51],rax                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C4058 | 48:85C0                  | test rax,rax                                                                     |
00007FF6DE6C405B | 74 15                    | je dcs.7FF6DE6C4072                                                              |
00007FF6DE6C405D | 48:8BC8                  | mov rcx,rax                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C4060 | FF15 3A492400            | call qword ptr ds:[<&??0WorldManager@@QEAA@XZ>]                                  |
00007FF6DE6C4066 | 48:8D05 13B62C00         | lea rax,qword ptr ds:[7FF6DE98F680]                                              |
00007FF6DE6C406D | 48:8903                  | mov qword ptr ds:[rbx],rax                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C4070 | EB 03                    | jmp dcs.7FF6DE6C4075                                                             |
00007FF6DE6C4072 | 49:8BDF                  | mov rbx,r15                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C4075 | 48:8B05 3C472400         | mov rax,qword ptr ds:[<&?globalWorldManager@@3PEAVWorldManager@@EA>]             |
00007FF6DE6C407C | 48:8918                  | mov qword ptr ds:[rax],rbx                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C407F | 48:8B05 CA212400         | mov rax,qword ptr ds:[<&?globalOptions@@3PEAVIOptions@@EA>]                      |
00007FF6DE6C4086 | 48:8338 00               | cmp qword ptr ds:[rax],0                                                         |
00007FF6DE6C408A | 75 2D                    | jne dcs.7FF6DE6C40B9                                                             |
00007FF6DE6C408C | B9 40010000              | mov ecx,140                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C4091 | E8 1EF11C00              | call dcs.7FF6DE8931B4                                                            |
00007FF6DE6C4096 | 48:8945 AF               | mov qword ptr ss:[rbp-51],rax                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C409A | 48:85C0                  | test rax,rax                                                                     |
00007FF6DE6C409D | 74 0D                    | je dcs.7FF6DE6C40AC                                                              |
00007FF6DE6C409F | 48:8BC8                  | mov rcx,rax                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C40A2 | E8 89B10600              | call dcs.7FF6DE72F230                                                            |
00007FF6DE6C40A7 | 48:8BC8                  | mov rcx,rax                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C40AA | EB 03                    | jmp dcs.7FF6DE6C40AF                                                             |
00007FF6DE6C40AC | 49:8BCF                  | mov rcx,r15                                                                      |
00007FF6DE6C40AF | 48:8B05 9A212400         | mov rax,qword ptr ds:[<&?globalOptions@@3PEAVIOptions@@EA>]                      |
00007FF6DE6C40B6 | 48:8908                  | mov qword ptr ds:[rax],rcx                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C40B9 | FF15 91312400            | call qword ptr ds:[<&?createGlobalLand@@YAXXZ>]                                  |
00007FF6DE6C40BF | E8 0CF7FEFF              | call dcs.7FF6DE6B37D0                                                            |
00007FF6DE6C40C4 | E8 77ACD2FF              | call dcs.7FF6DE3EED40    ( ****** FIRST CALL STACK ENTRY ****** )                |
00007FF6DE6C40C9 | 48:8B05 086F2400         | mov rax,qword ptr ds:[<&?globalConfig@@3PEAUlua_State@@EA>]                      |
00007FF6DE6C40D0 | 48:8B08                  | mov rcx,qword ptr ds:[rax]                                                       |
00007FF6DE6C40D3 | 48:894C24 38             | mov qword ptr ss:[rsp+38],rcx                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C40D8 | E8 149C1A00              | call <JMP.&lua_gettop>                                                           |
00007FF6DE6C40DD | 8945 87                  | mov dword ptr ss:[rbp-79],eax                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C40E0 | BA EED8FFFF              | mov edx,FFFFD8EE                                                                 |
00007FF6DE6C40E5 | 48:8B4C24 38             | mov rcx,qword ptr ss:[rsp+38]                                                    |
00007FF6DE6C40EA | E8 0E9C1A00              | call <JMP.&lua_pushvalue>                                                        |
00007FF6DE6C40EF | 90                       | nop                                                                              |
00007FF6DE6C40F0 | 48:83BE 20010000 00      | cmp qword ptr ds:[rsi+120],0                                                     |
00007FF6DE6C40F8 | 75 5F                    | jne dcs.7FF6DE6C4159                                                             |

 

Let me know if there's any other info which might be useful!

 

 

Interesting... I don't have a Shadow PC per say, but I do use DCS in in a QEMU VM... 🤔

 

 

I am on a shadow pc, same as other users with the same problem. This explains why the problem occurs on while my windows and dcs are totally clean.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the following message in my support ticket:

 

The developers are working to fix the problem. Please wait for the hotfix.


You can roll back to the previous version to play DCS now.

 

I also contacted shadow, maybe they have a solution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...