[CORRECT AS IS]Maverick not showing crosshairs after update

Hi,

Jumped in the viper after the update to test out the new maverick logic only to find that my mavericks aren't showing their aiming crosshairs correctly. Screen_201218_013140.png

You can see on the right hand MFD it's almost like its showing the break lock symbology, but that is brand new from a hot air start going into AG mode and putting the WPN display on. I haven't tried to lock on to anything, or even changed maverick mode.

This applies to all maverick variants, including on the LAU-88 and the LAU-117, and I think it applies in PRE, VIS and BORE modes.

I have included a track file, although there is little configuration done, it is literally just spawning in from an air start, selecting A-G mode, displaying the WPN page, and the mavericks have no crosshairs. When a target is locked through the HUD SPI or the TGP in PRE mode, the closed crosshairs display again.

Thanks!

F-16_MAVNoCrosshairs.trk

Have you read this thread and tried the fixes that worked for other ppl?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

8 hours ago, Deano87 said:

Have you read this thread and tried the fixes that worked for other ppl?

I have yes, and it does not solve my problem. 

I feel this is a new bug, as it only started happening after the most recent update.

Not seeing any problem in the track replay.

Please try the latest open beta, if you are not getting cross hairs you are in break lock

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [CORRECT AS IS]Maverick not showing crosshairs after update
1 hour ago, mlb406 said:

If so then it's probably a graphics problem on my end, I'll have another play around when I get time!

You have tried renaming your saved games DCS folder and that had no effect?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Hi guys, I had this exact problem and have just figured out exactly what's causing it. As Deano87 suggested, removing the options.lua file fixes the problem. But, as soon as I set my settings back to where they were I lost the crosshairs again.  

After lots of testing I found out it is the MSAA setting.  If you have MSAA set to OFF, the crosshairs are not displayed.  Setting it to 2x or 4x makes them appear again.  

I have no idea how this is linked  but there you go...setting it to 2x fixed it for me.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone when ED show us the new system of the maverick since that be4 1month i cant get the cross at WPN page D and H the same issue i tried all mods (VIS,PER,BORE) and its so hard to lock any target so i need help with that ^__^ Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.02 - 23.47.18.51.png 

Take a look at this thread, some people managed to fix their issues by following some of my steps.

Proud owner of:

• 3 weeks later...

I hit bignewy up in discord and he is gonna check it out today.  I don't believe this to be a break lock issue at all since that still displays half xhairs and can be corrected by just doing a TMS down or relocking IIRC.  Plus the only way one of my buddies was able to get his xhairs back is Deno87's fix of deleting options.lua... so there is a def a bug. 

Hopefully BN gets it on ED's radar to fix.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Hi all, 

I have taken another look, but all seems ok for me, I have tested with MSAA off and on also. 

if you are using shader mods try removing them, do a cleanup and repair or verify for steam 

delete your metashader2 and fxo folders in your dcs folder in saved games location

restart DCS and test again, please add short track replays showing the issues you are having I am happy to take a look.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2