F-16 Agm-65 Maverick crosshair disappearing with 0x MSAA

Shiny

Hi,

Jumped in the viper after the update to test out the new maverick logic only to find that my mavericks aren't showing their aiming crosshairs correctly. Screen_201218_013140.png

You can see on the right hand MFD it's almost like its showing the break lock symbology, but that is brand new from a hot air start going into AG mode and putting the WPN display on. I haven't tried to lock on to anything, or even changed maverick mode.

This applies to all maverick variants, including on the LAU-88 and the LAU-117, and I think it applies in PRE, VIS and BORE modes.

I have included a track file, although there is little configuration done, it is literally just spawning in from an air start, selecting A-G mode, displaying the WPN page, and the mavericks have no crosshairs. When a target is locked through the HUD SPI or the TGP in PRE mode, the closed crosshairs display again.

Thanks!

F-16_MAVNoCrosshairs.trk

Have you read this thread and tried the fixes that worked for other ppl?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• ED Team

Not seeing any problem in the track replay.

Please try the latest open beta, if you are not getting cross hairs you are in break lock

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [CORRECT AS IS]Maverick not showing crosshairs after update
1 hour ago, mlb406 said:

If so then it's probably a graphics problem on my end, I'll have another play around when I get time!

You have tried renaming your saved games DCS folder and that had no effect?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Hi guys, I had this exact problem and have just figured out exactly what's causing it. As Deano87 suggested, removing the options.lua file fixes the problem. But, as soon as I set my settings back to where they were I lost the crosshairs again.  

After lots of testing I found out it is the MSAA setting.  If you have MSAA set to OFF, the crosshairs are not displayed.  Setting it to 2x or 4x makes them appear again.  

I have no idea how this is linked  but there you go...setting it to 2x fixed it for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone when ED show us the new system of the maverick since that be4 1month i cant get the cross at WPN page D and H the same issue i tried all mods (VIS,PER,BORE) and its so hard to lock any target so i need help with that ^__^ Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.02 - 23.47.18.51.png 

Take a look at this thread, some people managed to fix their issues by following some of my steps.

Proud owner of:

• 3 weeks later...

I hit bignewy up in discord and he is gonna check it out today.  I don't believe this to be a break lock issue at all since that still displays half xhairs and can be corrected by just doing a TMS down or relocking IIRC.  Plus the only way one of my buddies was able to get his xhairs back is Deno87's fix of deleting options.lua... so there is a def a bug. 

Hopefully BN gets it on ED's radar to fix.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

• ED Team

Hi all, 

I have taken another look, but all seems ok for me, I have tested with MSAA off and on also. 

if you are using shader mods try removing them, do a cleanup and repair or verify for steam 

delete your metashader2 and fxo folders in your dcs folder in saved games location

restart DCS and test again, please add short track replays showing the issues you are having I am happy to take a look.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I think I had this issue as well, but I resolved it by setting in-cockpit display resolution to 1024 every frame. On 256, the resolution is too small to cover thin lines.

I am not sure if it helps in similar cases, in my case it worked. I fly in 4k resolution.

thanks,

...10 years with dcs...

• 2 months later...
  • BIGNEWY changed the title to Maverick not showing crosshairs after update
  • 5 months later...

Well since it decided to delete the whole long report... Here is the tldr

Maverick crosshair is bugged, the image shows it untouched (only put as SOI). It is not in the break lock mode (tws down just makes it not soi again). Regardless of mode this behaviour is roughly the same. What "fixes" this is setting the MSAA to 2x, as i had it on 0x. I also experimented with putting cockpit displays to 1024 and changing AF to 2x, but to no effect.

PC specs are as follows
Ryzen 3 2200g

GTX 1060 3GB

16 GB ddr4 2777mhz

DCS is installed on a 230gb nvme m.2 ssd

I will send the DCS settings in a separate screenshot.dcssettings.png

I run 0 MSAA and don't have this issue.

Have you tried clearing the fxo and metashaders folders from your DCS directory in your Users Saved Games folder?

Cheers

D

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

9 hours ago, Deano87 said:

I run 0 MSAA and don't have this issue.

Have you tried clearing the fxo and metashaders folders from your DCS directory in your Users Saved Games folder?

Cheers

D

Indeed that did fix the issue, atleast temporarily. What are the fxo and metashader folders for?

f16 maverickworking.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cAshewTheAce said:

Indeed that did fix the issue, atleast temporarily. What are the fxo and metashader folders for?

Great to hear it working for you. Those files are shader cache files which reduce loading times on subsequent loads after the first one, I recommend clearing them out with every sim update. If any of the previously cached files have changed it can cause conflicts with the new files and weird issues here and there.

Cheers

D

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I still have this problem in OB 2.7.17.29493

What I did in the 1st step:
.) Installed new graphic driver NVIDIA 516.94 (GameReady), performed clean installation
.) Deleted fxo and metashaders 2
.) Kept only F-16 and Caucasus Mods in the game folder
.) Removed all user mods from userprofile (A-4)
.) Used default NVIDIA settings with no success
.) Used my usual NVIDIA settings with no success

2nd step:

.) DCS Repair with Check all files > slow and check for extra files (removed any if they were present)
.) Deleted fxo and metashaders again

Still no luck.

Attached find:

.) Screenshots of NVIDIA settings (3 pages)
.) Screenshot of cockpit situation
.) config.lua
.) dcs.log

What else can I do. I am out of any ideas ...
Thank you!

Bild1.png

nvidia_1.png

nvidia_2.png

nvidia_3.png

options.lua dcs.log

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I haven't flown the F16 for a couple of months now, but I now can't seem to boresight the Mavericks.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, so I've attached a track file where I've shown my steps fairly slowly and deliberately.

1) The TGP won't snowplow. I've seen this mentioned elsewhere on the forum but the fact it doesn't look straight out in front of the plane now makes things annoyingly cumbersome. So I set a mark point out near the front of the plane for the TGP to look at. Surely this is a bug?

2) Then once I've got the TGP looking at something, the crosshairs on the Maverick seem to have disappeared and have been replaced by 2 horizontal lines and a cross. I'm sure they didn't used to look like this, and cross-checking against some videos on YouTube suggests the same.

Have I done something wrong in either of these steps? Or are they bugs?

Thanks

F16_TGP.trk

• Like 1

OK, so if anyone is experiencing the Maverick losing its crosshairs issue, I spent a couple of hours trying to fix it and ultimately what did it was performing a repair. Went back into the game and tried again and the crosshairs were back 🙂

Obviously the repair didn't fix the TGP snowplow issue!

• ED Team

Hi @OldFlyer

I was going to suggest a repair for the Maverick issue. Good thing you did it and solved your problem.

Regarding the snowplow feature, you said it yourself that you haven't flown the F-16 for some time.

The Snowplow logic was updated and improved. Some of the TPOD functions still require some additional system logics that are still being worked on incrementally. But we are confident this is working much closer to the logics of available documentation. 

Take a look at my comment here, it should help you understand how it works now:

• Thanks 1

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord