Any plans to add more weapons?

J20Stronk

Do you guys have any plans to add more weapons and equipment to the JF-17, both new and existing in DCS?

There are apparently some weapons that the JF-17 has IRL that we don't in DCS, such as:

LT-2 500kg LGB (Basically a Chinese KAB-500L) and KG300G SPJ (More variety)

JF-17+Thunder++FC-1+Xiaolong+Zhuhai+Air+

LT-3 500kg Laser/INS bomb between WMD-7 and SD-10. (Laser JDAM!)

full

Wingless, low-caliber variants of the LS-6 with secondary laser guidance (L/JDAM SDBs!!!!!!)

PH%2BSubmits%2BDefense%2BEquipment%2BWis

CM-102 ARM missile (between GB-6 and LT-3)

EXUthgFUYAAnmKQ.jpg:large

CM-400AKG AShM (400km-range Anti-Ship missile)

a5e4888106f298518bfaf34efb0f79a4.jpg

And if you somehow get your hands on info for it, the ASELPOD

EZ2ZpV3X0AEqmGH.jpg

I would've included the H-2 and H-4 TV guided SOWs, but besides a baseless Wikipedia claiming it can mount it without proof and the fact that it is a Pakistani weapon which you guys do not have easy access for, I do not think they will be added ever.

Other weapons which we already have but I would like to see expanded on (Unless available info says otherwise):

- Cluster munitions and High-Drag bombs on inner stations.

- HE/Frag variant of the Type-90 unguided and BRM-1 90mm rockets.

- M151 HE/Frag Rockets and LAU-3 19-round Pod for the western rockets.

- Inner station rockets (pls)

- C-701T on Inner stations? (Seems relatively smokeless and it was in those stations when the module first came out a year ago. Unsure if the PF-9 launch rail can be mounted on the inner station, however.)

- C-703, basically the radar guided variant of the C-701T meant for small boats.

- Different ammo types for the Gsh-23, like the MiG-21bis. AG-belt with API-T, AA-belt with AP/HE mix, and a general belt with Tracers

Please consider these additions. If no further updates to weapons and payload are planned, then it is understandable.

Disappointing, but understandable. 😛

Edited by J20Stronk
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Mustang25 said:

Isn't the 703 already in the game as an unused asset? I remember someone posting about it awhile back.

That's why I asked for it. There's a lot of cool unused weapons including the PL-8B & C and the C-802A, the early version of the 802AK.

It would be great to bring more much need capability to the red side. Blues getting everything that exists and it not ever slowing down. Someone need to fly the flag for red team and it’s only Deka giving the red side any attention.

+1 for some.

and +1 for BRM’s-90’s on inner pylons

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, uboats said:

CM-400AKGおよびLS-6100 / 250を計画していますが、保証されていません

I don't know much about the CM-400AKG, is that a Sea Skimmer missile? Or does it loft?

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

From what I have managed to find out so far is that it lofts from very high up and it strikes from above at high speeds

it has a powerful penetration warhead which might mean we may finally have a weapon system that may very well stand a chance against warships and do real damage.

Edited by Blinky.ben

On 12/18/2020 at 12:56 PM, Kup said:

+1 for BRM’s-90’s on inner pylons

Yea BRM-90s on the inner pylon makes such a huge difference! Hope it will have it again soon!

Also i cant understand why we cant have Mavrick on the inner pylon?

Edited by Kristoffer79

3 hours ago, Kristoffer79 said:

Also i cant understand why we cant have Mavrick on the inner pylon?

Because of the same reason why we dont have the BRM's on the inner pylons, because of the engine surge of the rockets. You can allready fell the surge from SD-10's when fired, now immagine a bigger roketmotor. It will damage the plane engine quite a lot.

Edited by Mike_Romeo

My skins

9 minutes ago, Mike_Romeo said:

Because of the same reason why we dont have the BRM's on the inner pylons, because of the engine surge of the rockets. You can allready fell the surge from SD-10's when fired, now immagine a bigger roketmotor. It will damage the plane engine quite a lot.

But is the smoke coming from the rockets a big problem. The graphics show very little smoke from the BRM’s compared to the SD-10’s

53 minutes ago, Mike_Romeo said:

Then explain why we can't have cluster bombs or a high drag bomb on those pylons.

A bomb is a bomb.

58 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Then explain why we can't have cluster bombs or a high drag bomb on those pylons.

A bomb is a bomb.

Huh? Nobody here is saying that those shouldn’t be there. The discussion is about forward firing munitions at those stations. 

I have probably asked about the Mk.20s and Snakeeyes half a dozen times now. For some reason Deka refuses to answer this, in my opinion, very simple question. If they would come out and say no, those bombs can't be loaded or dropped from the inner pylons, like they did with the BRMs or dual ejectors, then at least we would have an answer. 

• Like 1

It really doesn't make sense why snakeeyes or rockeyes can't be used in 3/5, yet the Type-200 can.

Same with the BRU-33 ejector with 2 250kg bombs on those stations. It can't be a weight issue, because you can mount much heavier stuff there.

It can't be a clearance issue, because the 1100L tank sits much lower than all other wing weapons.

It also can't be a spacing issue, because those pylons are much closer to the outer wing pylons than they are to the fuselage, and they can mount the Dual Ejection rack.

Edited by J20Stronk

41 minutes ago, SuumCuique said:

I have probably asked about the Mk.20s and Snakeeyes half a dozen times now. For some reason Deka refuses to answer this, in my opinion, very simple question. If they would come out and say no, those bombs can't be loaded or dropped from the inner pylons, like they did with the BRMs or dual ejectors, then at least we would have an answer. 

calm down, they're probably just still doing their own research or something's holding them back

@SuumCuique we already mentioned several times, we never see any mk20/snakeeyes loaded at inner pylon (from either photo or doc)

if you think yes, could you please provide any photo or doc to show it?

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |