F-14B Campaign | Operation Reforger - The Iron Heel | Preliminary Release | Download Here

IronMike

Hey guys,

I bought the Tomcat module right before Christmas and I’m learning every day - love the module. 

The campaign is fantastic. I downloaded a modified version in the user files section that features the super carrier. 

One question however, [spoiler warning. If you have not played Mission 4 and 5, do not reveal the hidden text]

Spoiler

After mission 4 (called „foreign relations“, the one with the Mig-29 encounter) I return to the carrier and am able to finish the mission successfully. 
Apart from some minor hostilities nothing serious happened. 
So why are we attacking the Soviets in the next mission??

Did I miss something?

Thank you so much for this great campaign. It’s the way you are forced to do something as part of a mission that really gets me to learn all the difficult parts like AAR

Edited by julianes

On 12/16/2020 at 1:39 PM, Rock3tman_ said:

Just finished the first two missions of the campaign. It's a lot of fun! Bravo Heatblur!

How did you get past the first part in missions one? I start and end up in my F14 Im told to go to lane 2 I go there and line up but no one is there to hook me up.  And there is no way to launch. I really want to play this but im stuck at this first part

On 12/30/2020 at 7:51 PM, Rooster7755 said:

How did you get past the first part in missions one? I start and end up in my F14 Im told to go to lane 2 I go there and line up but no one is there to hook me up.  And there is no way to launch. I really want to play this but im stuck at this first part

Stennis has no deck crew.

1. Line up manually on the catapult and move forward till you're nose gear is just behind the cat shuttle. Use F2 view to assist if necessary.
  2. Kneel the cat to lower your launch bar
  3. Press "U" to connect to the shuttle. If you're correctly positioned the Launch bar will lock into the shuttle and the Jet Blast Deflector will raise. If not you may need to move closer to the shuttle or raise the Launch Bar and reset your approach completely.
  4. Once connected, go to Full Military Power
  5. Press 'Left Shift+U' by default (or whatever you have mapped to your 'Launch Catapult' key binding) to initiate the catapult.

Edited by DD_Fenrir

On 12/30/2020 at 9:34 PM, DD_Fenrir said:

Press Shift-U to connect to the shuttle.

It's just U key without Shift.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 12/30/2020 at 1:57 PM, julianes said:

Did I miss something?

This was a plan from the start to attack the Russia in Caucasus region by the USN. In a few first missions the CVBGs move and regroup to prepare for the strikes and gain air superiority. It's in a campaign description.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 12/30/2020 at 1:57 PM, julianes said:

Hey guys,

I bought the Tomcat module right before Christmas and I’m learning every day - love the module. 

The campaign is fantastic. I downloaded a modified version in the user files section that features the super carrier. 

One question however, [spoiler warning. If you have not played Mission 4 and 5, do not reveal the hidden text]

Reveal hidden contents

After mission 4 (called „foreign relations“, the one with the Mig-29 encounter) I return to the carrier and am able to finish the mission successfully. 
Apart from some minor hostilities nothing serious happened. 

Did I miss something?

Thank you so much for this great campaign. It’s the way you are forced to do something as part of a mission that really gets me to learn all the difficult parts like AAR

I am glad you are enjoying it.

Spoiler

Ganyayev fails the ultimatum to return to negotiations, which is followed up with the Alpha Strike in M5. I think I mention that in the briefing, I will double check that this point is clear. 🙂

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hey, when I try to run the mission on my server to play with my buddy (im RIO) , in M2 we never get a response back from the tanker. I tried everything, the SC version, changing to client from player and so on. Is there anythign special steps to play Pilot/Rio?

Anyone else getting stuck on mission 2? I'm able to complete the 1st mission but when I try  to fly the 2nd it just gets stuck on the loading screen. I have tried repair and no change.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

35 minutes ago, sSkullZnBoneZz said:

Anyone else getting stuck on mission 2? I'm able to complete the 1st mission but when I try  to fly the 2nd it just gets stuck on the loading screen. I have tried repair and no change.

Disregard, it turns out is was the Logbook Improvements Mod USN and USMC. Once I disabled them it worked.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Hello guys, just a quick question about mission 5:

Spoiler

Wizard's tells me to intercept two flanker, and then two Mig 29. i've kill the first two with AIM54 (killed confirmed with the text message), and for the Mig 29, my wingman kill one, i and i think he managed to splash the other one, but later, i've got two messages that tells me that i was too slow for killing both the Flankers and the Fulcrum and that Uzi 5 had to do it for me ....

Desktop 04-01-2021 01-36-29-199.jpg

Desktop 04-01-2021 01-38-35-770.jpg

Did i've done someting wrong, or did i miss someting ?

thanks for your help

Edited by o-Tomcat-o

8 hours ago, o-Tomcat-o said:

Hello guys, just a quick question about mission 5:

Hide contents

Wizard's tells me to intercept two flanker, and then two Mig 29. i've kill the first two with AIM54 (killed confirmed with the text message), and for the Mig 29, my wingman kill one, i and i think he managed to splash the other one, but later, i've got two messages that tells me that i was too slow for killing both the Flankers and the Fulcrum and that Uzi 5 had to do it for me ....

Desktop 04-01-2021 01-36-29-199.jpg

Desktop 04-01-2021 01-38-35-770.jpg

Did i've done someting wrong, or did i miss someting ?

thanks for your help

Experienced the same.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, audiohavoc said:

Just completed mission 2 and had a 100 result, but the campaign did not advance to mission 3. 

Have you clicked on green "End mission" on the debriefing screen?

HB,     when the Forrestal is released, will it replace the Stennis in the campaign?  

After getting used to the Super Carrier module, going back to the Stennis is like running into and ex that you'd rather forget. 

Other than that, loving the new campaign !

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 11:14 PM, Dun_Aenghus said:

Got to mission 05 and shot down all enemies. Continued with the CAP and made sure I flew through all waypoints but nothing happened and I couldn't pass the mission. Maybe I missed a trigger somewhere? 

Check your mission file date. There was a problem with mission 05 in early release. In that case just redownload the file from OP.

Just finished! Great experience, thx! It was like watching a good movie but still playing our part in it.

I'd have some second thoughts if it was standalone paid campaign - otherwise great job. Air starts, hot starts, simple radio, heavily scripted events - all this looked like it was catered toward novice players but then there were some tasks that needed some skill and experience - I'm a little confused on who's the target audience here.

@IronMike I know what you meant now - that it was about Stennis - but I still missed the Supercarrier experience (and cold starts) - I'll wait for the right version next time. 2 versions would be nice choice (like for Cage The Bear): one with hot starts and default carrier, second with cold starts and Supercarrier, the latter being preferred 🙂

On 1/18/2021 at 1:27 AM, draconus said:

@IronMike I know what you meant now - that it was about Stennis - but I still missed the Supercarrier experience (and cold starts) - I'll wait for the right version next time. 2 versions would be nice choice (like for Cage The Bear): one with hot starts and default carrier, second with cold starts and Supercarrier, the latter being preferred 🙂

Same here.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I will release a SC version, but the mission starts will stay the same as are, since it is a story-driven campaign and the starts are tailored to that. I want to do different things with different campaigns, too, so that there is something for everyone. For example, the PG campaign will be much more procedure oriented, you will spend more time around the boat, etc.. Those who finished this campaign, know where part 2 will take place, which again will open new possibilities, etc.. Default campaigns vs DLC campaigns need to be more mainstream and more brought in that sense imo, so that all our customers find something they like.

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

In todays patch release notes it mentions:

NEW: Added Co-Op version of Operation Reforger.

Where exactly is it? I'm guessing there is a miz somewhere I need to get on my dedicated server or load up locally to allow CoOp?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero