Carrier Landing Practice

I was just watching a Youtube vid of student pilots landing on a carrier, flying Goshawks. It would be pretty nice if DCS had a light, trainer aircraft to work on carrier landings. I looked at the L39 and the Aerojet, and neither have a hook.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 32GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz | Dell 32" Curved s3220DGF | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50 | UH-1H | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria

Wolf, at some point, VNAO is going to release a T-45 mod with an EFM, custom cockpit, etc. It looks pretty freaking awesome, and afaik, its close-ish to ready. Personally, I'm speculating that it will be public within 3 months, but nothing has been released by the mod team.

1 hour ago, zbiegu said:

Just download and try A-4C Skyhawk

Thanks! A friend of mine just told me the same thing. I have the A-4C but haven't flown it much, and didn't know it had a hook. I will try it out.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 32GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz | Dell 32" Curved s3220DGF | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50 | UH-1H | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria

On 12/15/2020 at 12:40 PM, Shmoo42 said:

Wolf, at some point, VNAO is going to release a T-45 mod with an EFM, custom cockpit, etc. It looks pretty freaking awesome, and afaik, its close-ish to ready. Personally, I'm speculating that it will be public within 3 months, but nothing has been released by the mod team.

will this be free?

My monitor replacement fundraiser...PayPal mech.driver@rogers.com

On 12/17/2020 at 9:51 PM, Shmoo42 said:

Yep, afaik the VNAO T-45 will be free.

They have a donation page?  From what I've seen that mod is amazing; hate to fly off with all that work and not leave so much as a cup of coffee behind.  That feels too much like larceny.

I generally practice with the F/A-18, but that gets boring.  Always nice to have other aircraft to crash into the deck, spewing shredded metal and shattered parts about like shrapnel.  Heck, when I do the upwind flyby they all start running for cover... Didn't realize the deck crew AI was that advanced.

21 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

They have a donation page?  From what I've seen that mod is amazing; hate to fly off with all that work and not leave so much as a cup of coffee behind.  That feels too much like larceny.

You would have to ask them. I don't speak for the mod team, I'm just an excited community member lol

Hi dude. I hope it helps. I did it inspired by several videos that I saw of Carrier Qualification. Seeya! 😉 

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, Persian Gulf, SuperCarrier

I5 3.2GHz, 16 RAM, ASUS STRIX 1070ti, SSD 500 + SSD 240GB (DCS), VKB Gladiator Pro base + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.