Plane stelae/trail looking like farts

Slayer 1-1

Hello there,

Since a month ago I've been experiencing a strange visual error with the plane stelae (Not sure if that's the term in english) looking like pops of smoke.

Already tried using the repair option with no luck.

I'm using reshade with 4 effects: SMAA, FXAA an a couple of color temperature filter. 

2 friends were experiencing the same visual error whitout ussing reshade and a 4th had no visual problems, all in the same flight.

Thanks and let's see if this can be fixed, have a nice day

DCS 2020-12-15 05-45-10.png

Edited by Deivid

2 hours ago, Deivid said:

2 friends were experiencing the same visual error whitout ussing reshade and a 4th had no visual problems, all in the same flight.

Hello, I've never seen this before. All three of you should compare your settings with this fourth guy.

Since you've already tried a repair, I suggest you try to bypass your current settings:

1. Rename your "C:\Users\Saved Games\DCS" (or DCS.openbeta) folder into "DCS_backup".
  2. Run the game(you'll have default settings and controls) and see if contrails are back to normal.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 12/15/2020 at 8:18 AM, Flappie said:

1. Rename your "C:\Users\Saved Games\DCS" (or DCS.openbeta) folder into "DCS_backup".
  2. Run the game(you'll have default settings and controls) and see if contrails are back to normal.

Thanks for the fast reply Flappie

Visual bug stills :(

Screen_201220_230835.png

Do you have an AMD graphics card?  I noticed something similar on my machine and found that the maximum tessellation level was set to off in AMD Radeon Software.  Setting this to 16x fixed it for me.  Maybe there is a similar tessellation setting in the nVidia driver if you have another card?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 3:06 PM, Hellbat said:

Do you have an AMD graphics card?  I noticed something similar on my machine and found that the maximum tessellation level was set to off in AMD Radeon Software.  Setting this to 16x fixed it for me.  Maybe there is a similar tessellation setting in the nVidia driver if you have another card?

Hello there,

Afirmative, in amd options is set to Override aplicattion setting and off. Will try this fix, thank you for your help have a nice day : )

PD: Yeah! problem solved, you got it! Thank you very much Hellbat

Edited by Deivid

• 6 months later...