[MISSING TRACK FILE] Landing Gear Issue?

Wolf359

Is it just me, or is the landing gear VERY slow when transitioning?? It gets stuck on take off - front wheel up fine, but the back pair get stuck due to air speed. I have to reduce speed to get them up. When landing, they are slow to lower. Did something get changed to be more realistic, or is this buggy?

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

At what speed are you having to slow down from in order to get the mains to retract?  I haven't had or seen any issues where the gear is slow to retract.

Edited by Y-Man

AMD 5800X, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra, 64GB G. Skill Ripjaws@3200, CoolerMaster ML360 AIO, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, Samsung 960 Evo 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, WD 2TB Black HDD, Asus GTX 1080FE, CoolerMaster C700M Case, Logitech G815 Kb, Logitech G903 Mouse, G13 Gamepad, Z906 500w 5.1 surround speakers, Track IR /w Trackclip pro, TM Cougar MFDS, Warthog Stick on Virpil Warbird Base/Throttle, MFG Crosswinds, 3 x AOC 27" curved 1440p monitors @ 7680 x 1440 resolution, HP Reverb G2

Anything over 300kn is overspeed, so if you're in a light jet you can very quickly exceed that if you keep it in blower. You may need to throttle back or climb to stay under that speed.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

2 hours ago, Wolf333 said:

Is it just me, or is the landing gear VERY slow when transitioning?? It gets stuck on take off - front wheel up fine, but the back pair get stuck due to air speed. I have to reduce speed to get them up. When landing, they are slow to lower. Did something get changed to be more realistic, or is this buggy?

Be careful. Do not thrust what you see in cockpit, the landing gear handle (the lollipop) is bugged (or let simply say: has a wrong behavior)

Edited by Dee-Jay

I'm definitely overspeeding. I will try out tonight with slower takeoff - or at least note what speed I'm at when the issue occurs. Thanks, gents!

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Update: I tested the theory out a few minutes ago. My speed was around 256 knots and the back gear stuck again. I am going to save a track to watch, to be sure I am not trying to raise them too early. Even though the front is lifted, the back may not be. Keep you updated.

1 hour ago, Wolf359 said:

Update: I tested the theory out a few minutes ago. My speed was around 256 knots and the back gear stuck again. I am going to save a track to watch, to be sure I am not trying to raise them too early. Even though the front is lifted, the back may not be. Keep you updated.

256 knots sounds kinda fast for the gear... I'm not sure what they are speed rated for though

One thing to check is to not be pulling the gear up with WOW.

1 hour ago, KaptinKaos said:

256 knots sounds kinda fast for the gear... I'm not sure what they are speed rated for though

Gear Limiting Speed on the Viper is 300kn btw.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

This didn't happen before, during when I last flew the Viper. It seems that the issue is overspeed. I thought it might be a glitch related to a mod livery, so I changed skins to the default. I lowered the starting fuel to half. Took off with AB, brought gear up just over 255kph, and they stuck. Took off at mil power, and they raised just fine...hence taking more time to reach higher speeds. But it just seems strange that if I use AB at takeoff I must immediately cut back the throttle just to raise the gear.

So my question is: Is this normal block 50 Viper behavior, or is this a bug I need to report?

Thanx

Upload a track, maybe you're doing something wrong on takeoff. From there we can determine whether it is a bug or user. FWIW I don't have any slow gear transitions, or stuck gear.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• Wags changed the title to [MISSING TRACK FILE] Landing Gear Issue?