Serpents Head 2 AGM 65 E problem

Rukes1

Hello,

in mission 8 of the Serpents Head 2 campaign I have the problem, that I cann´t launch the AGM65E Maverick. My MASTER ARM switch is on, I have the right Code for the Maverick (1688), I get the lasing signal from the JTAC, Maverick also "sees" the laser signal, I´m in range of the missile but the MAV word in the HUD is still crossed.

I tried to do my approch on the target from several headings and hights. No success.

What is wrong? Is this possibly a bug?

Thanks.

Rukes1.

Edited by Rukes1

Hi Rukes

I will look into it. It might be a bug as it worked before. Will get back to you.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

5 hours ago, Rukes1 said:

Hello,

in mission 8 of the Serpents Head 2 campaign I have the problem, that I cann´t launch the AGM65E Maverick. My MASTER ARM switch is on, I have the right Code for the Maverick (1688), I get the lasing signal from the JTAC, Maverick also "sees" the laser signal, I´m in range of the missile but the MAV word in the HUD is still crossed.

I tried to do my approch on the target from several headings and hights. No success.

Thanks.

Rukes1.

Try to press and HOLD weapon release anyways. I have a feeling it will fire, just takes a bit longer. Please report back if it worked.

Just checked this out. It worked first time for me . I took the first target from the direction you initially  approach from . I don't think your approach  direction makes any difference. I took the second target from the  South.

I assume you have gone through the 9 line  correctly  as JTAC have said lasing.  Once he is lasing just point  your aircraft at the target,  at this point Mav will still be crossed, make sure the  display you have the AGM  cross and circle on has been selected , the little diamond top right. Then, and I think this may be your issue , you need to uncage the maverick and it will search for and settle on the lased target. At this point  the cross will be removed from  the Mav and you can fire. But make sure you complete the  9 line dialog until he clears you hot.

With the second target you will just get a shift  response from JTAC which means he is already lasing the second target for you.

Oh and make sure you have given the mavericks the correct code . Its the big number on the display. Sounds like you have done that anyway.

Hope this helps , but I do not believe there is a bug. 

Cheers

Glyn ( Badger633)

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hi Glyn,

Thanks for the response. I do the whole 9-line correctly. I have the right code AND I do uncage the missile. Still no luck. I did not try to hold the button longer yet. i will try this as well. But relating to all of the things you are describing, I do all of them correctly.

The only thing I do not get from JTAC is the sentence "cleared hot". Why not? The last thing I can ask him to do is to lase the target. Then JTAC confirms and says "lasing". Thats all.

Regards, Rukes1

Hi,

I just tried it out. I can push the button as long as I want - nothing happens. I have a positive laser marking on the target. otherwise the "Maverick triangle" in the HUD would not move and would not settle on the target. But unfortunatelly the MAV is still crossed.

Rukes1

I read the answer from Razor18 after my answer. Now it worked! I have to say "spot". Only then the Maverick lock on target and MAV is no longer crossed.

But how this could be. I mean, how can the missile wait for my confirm, that I see the laser? It has to be anough if the missile sees the laser. 

Or am I wrong on this?

13 hours ago, Rukes1 said:

Hello,

Thanks.

Rukes1.

Have you selected A/G master mode?

A/G master mode is on.

I found out, that it makes a difference if you punch in the laser code BEFORE the JTAC tells it to you. If I prepare the laser code for example on the carrier or on my route to the target, the Maverick won´t find the laser point. If I wait untli I get the laser coder from the JTAC there is no problem.

Have you faced the same problem?

Thanks.

No, when I did my test I always put the code in on the way to the target. No problems