Campaign - Stage Interval incomplete

cazub

I made a 4 mission campaign , i have 1 stage with 4 missions in it. All of the "Range" values for the missions are 0 .. 100. The DCS manual says that i can weight certain events in each mission, for instance if i blow up a bridge i get 30 points and get a specific tank i get another 30 for a total of 60 points, then if my stage interval is 50..100 ,  60>50 , so i move on to the next stage. If i fail to destroy the bridge my score is only 30,  30 < 50 so i stay on the same stage.

I  have 0..100 , i thought this meant i would move on to the next mission no matter what. Win lose or fail we move on to mission 2. A couple issues. 

1 - i see nowhere in the mission editor that i can set a value for staging like the manual says. 

2 - if i edit the values for the "Range" , ie stage interval , i get errors -->  "Stage interval incomplete". i tried setting all 4 and that gave me the same error. 

3 - (Probably related) all missions result in campaign failure even if i 'win' the mission.

What am i doing wrong and how do i correctly use these? 

(DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.88125)

Mission end events are usually 1 unit or group alive less than 50% and player on ground moving slower than 10Kts , i'm able to trigger an end mission and various messages. 

AckInBeirut.cmp Syria_Flak_1-2.miz Syria_Flak_1-3.miz Syria_Flak_1-4.miz Syria_Flak_1-1.miz

Edited by cazub

A score of exactly 50 means you stay on the same stage. Anything below 50 it moves backward a stage and above 50 forward a stage. The score is determined by "Mission Goals" which you have not setup in your missions. Thus no matter what happens the score is always 0 when you end it. Mission goals are accessible via the icon directly below triggers. It looks like a square with lines forming a target of sorts. Mission goals behave much like triggers but are evaluated constantly. 

2. It needs to have a mission within the range of 0-100. It can't have an empty spot because this score is what is uses to determine which missions it is allowed to load on the stage it is moving to. If you had 2 missions with a range of 20-40 and the other with 60-80 then if the score was 0-19, 41 to 59, or 81+ then there would be no mission it is allowed to load.

Just to give an example of how it'd work, assume you setup the mission goals and then basically copied that one stage so there are 3 stages with the same rules, but changed the names of the missions slightly. You start on stage 1, TBH I'm not sure which mission it would select on campaign start, but say you win the mission and the score was 70. It would move to the next stage, but due to how the missions are setup in terms of the score then you'd get Flak-2-4.miz. If you got 70 or more points again then you'd be playing flak 3-4. Now on flak 3-4 you lost and only got 10 points then you'd go backward a stage and would play flak 2-1. You played that mission won, but barely via 55 points, then you'd be playing flak 3-2. 

If you changed the goals to be flak 1 and 2 are 0-50 and flak 3 and 4 are 50-100 then when it moves to a stage it has a chance of picking any mission within the range at random. 

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects: Scripting Wiki, Something...

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread), SLMOD, IADScript, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

4 hours ago, cazub said:

I made a 4 mission campaign , i have 1 stage with 4 missions in it. All of the "Range" values for the missions are 0 .. 100. The DCS manual says that i can weight certain events in each mission, for instance if i blow up a bridge i get 30 points and get a specific tank i get another 30 for a total of 60 points, then if my stage interval is 50..100 ,  60>50 , so i move on to the next stage. If i fail to destroy the bridge my score is only 30,  30 < 50 so i stay on the same stage.

I  have 0..100 , i thought this meant i would move on to the next mission no matter what. Win lose or fail we move on to mission 2. A couple issues. 

1 - i see nowhere in the mission editor that i can set a value for staging like the manual says. 

2 - if i edit the values for the "Range" , ie stage interval , i get errors -->  "Stage interval incomplete". i tried setting all 4 and that gave me the same error. 

3 - (Probably related) all missions result in campaign failure even if i 'win' the mission.

What am i doing wrong and how do i correctly use these? 

(DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.88125)

Mission end events are usually 1 unit or group alive less than 50% and player on ground moving slower than 10Kts , i'm able to trigger an end mission and various messages. 

1. Stages works as such: When you play a mission and complete it with a score of 0-49 you will go back a stage, with a score of 50 you will have to redo the mission you just played, with a score of 51-100 you will advance to the next stage.
  2. A stage containing multiple missions with the "same weighting value" will allocate a mission at random.
  3. A stage containing multiple missions with "different weighting values" will allocate a mission based on the score from the previous stage.

Example of mission setup:

1. First stage: Set with only one mission and has a trigger so that it has a score of 50 at start, Set your goals "bridge i get 25 points and get a specific tank i get another 25 for a total of 50 points"., so when you complete this mission you will have over 51 points (100 is max) and move onto the next stage, if you don't score anything, the starting 50 points will make you replay the mission.
  2. Second stage: Set as many missions as you like with different weightings such as mission 1=51-75, mission 2=80-100, so that if you scored 75 in Stage 1 you would move to Stage 2 and mission 1 would run, if you scored 100 in Stage 1 you would move to Stage 2 and mission 2 would run.

I may be a little incorrect with the weighting workings, been a while since I looked at that stuff, but your main issue would be assuming that getting a score of 30 is less than 50 and you go to the next mission, but because it is below 50 it tries to send you back to a previous mission that doesn't exist

Regards Ian.

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hey guys thanks for the reply. The staging makes more sense now. The scoring doesn't. I set up a campaign , basically the same mission repeated 3 times. There are 3 sam sites. The way i set it up if i hit a Sam site i get a message if "group alive less than 80%", i send out a message, so i know these are triggering. That is also the criteria i set for the mission goals. If that same "group alive less than 80%" is set, i put the score to "30". So 3 times 30 , that gives 90 points, then a good landing gives 10 points. I total 100 points.

Then i play the mission in campaign mode. I take out out a sam site 100% , not 80%,  all dead. I do this for the second and the third i hit 2 out of 3 sites. I land and end the mission. Looking at the log , it shows me hitting sites then the score is 10,  the next site the score is 10, third , 10. A total of 30 points. If i make the goal score 30 or even 150 points in the mission editor i end up getting 10 points in the campaign.

the way i thought this should work is , kill 2 sam sites , miss one, eject , that gives me 60 points still , it moves me to stage 2. I've tried setting those staging values to 0..100, 50..100, 51..100 , but if the scoring doesn't match up i'm not sure what to do.

54 minutes ago, cazub said:

... but if the scoring doesn't match up i'm not sure what to do.

Please note that the "Score" field in the debriefing is the points value that DCS gives to each vehicle (air/sea/ground) that you destroy; while the Campaign advance system relies on the "Results" field of the debriefing.  This "Results" field is the one that you can change using the "Goals" Tab of the Mission Editor.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, cazub said:

Hey guys thanks for the reply. The staging makes more sense now. The scoring doesn't. I set up a campaign , basically the same mission repeated 3 times. There are 3 sam sites. The way i set it up if i hit a Sam site i get a message if "group alive less than 80%", i send out a message, so i know these are triggering. That is also the criteria i set for the mission goals. If that same "group alive less than 80%" is set, i put the score to "30". So 3 times 30 , that gives 90 points, then a good landing gives 10 points. I total 100 points.

Then i play the mission in campaign mode. I take out out a sam site 100% , not 80%,  all dead. I do this for the second and the third i hit 2 out of 3 sites. I land and end the mission. Looking at the log , it shows me hitting sites then the score is 10,  the next site the score is 10, third , 10. A total of 30 points. If i make the goal score 30 or even 150 points in the mission editor i end up getting 10 points in the campaign.

the way i thought this should work is , kill 2 sam sites , miss one, eject , that gives me 60 points still , it moves me to stage 2. I've tried setting those staging values to 0..100, 50..100, 51..100 , but if the scoring doesn't match up i'm not sure what to do.

I would forget about the multiple outcome senarios until your more familiar with the basics of campaign design, as it is a more complicated procedure and I don't think you missions are suitably designed to take advantage of the feature.

1. If you don't manually put any "Mission Goals" into mission it will never move onto the next stage or mission.
  2. Each unit you kill in mission is your score usually 5 - 10 points each, but have no effect on you progression in the Campaign or stages.

I have edited your original first posted missions, to demonstrate how you would go about a linear campaign:

• Each Stage has only one mission in it (Stage 1,2,3,4).
  • The mission goals have been set so that if you complete at least the primary objectives of a mission (Result=90) and if you Land as well (Result=100) you will move to the next Stage and its mission.

Regards, Ian.

AckInBeirut Campaign.zip

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.