[CANT REPRODUCE] CCRP bomb fall line not following TPOD designation

Toumal

Hi, I've been having issues with the CCRP bomb fall line for quite some time. It correctly moves to steerpoints, and when I have the HUD as SOI I can slew the box + line around as expected. But when I make the TPOD SOI it will not follow my designation, no matter whether I designate something in point or track mode. Matt replied to me on YT saying that the TPOD works fine so it must be something I'm doing wrong, or am I?

Trackfile here due to size: http://hoxdna.org/dcs/Caucasus_Pendulum_Supercarrier_v1.8.5-20201213-174511.trk

Thanks in advance for any help!

I think he is saying it works fine in the fixed version, and will be fixed in the next open beta patch. This is a long known bug that has frustrated lots of us! 

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I was thinking of a different comment on that video. After rereading I see what you mean.

I do know the bug you're referring to and have posted about it before. ED has kept saying it was "SPI related" and would be fixed once the SPI was reworked. So it sounds like they think they've fixed the SPI for the next patch. I guess we'll see if it really addresses the bug and Wags misunderstood your comment. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

• ED Team
3 hours ago, Toumal said:

Hi, I've been having issues with the CCRP bomb fall line for quite some time. It correctly moves to steerpoints, and when I have the HUD as SOI I can slew the box + line around as expected. But when I make the TPOD SOI it will not follow my designation, no matter whether I designate something in point or track mode. Matt replied to me on YT saying that the TPOD works fine so it must be something I'm doing wrong, or am I?

Trackfile here due to size: http://hoxdna.org/dcs/Caucasus_Pendulum_Supercarrier_v1.8.5-20201213-174511.trk

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi, just tested in our internal version and it seems to be working fine, could you try recreating the issue in a short and concise track in single player and see if its still an issue for you? Make sure you have CCRP mode selected. Thanks!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• NineLine changed the title to [CANT REPRODUCE] CCRP bomb fall line not following TPOD designation
13 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Hi, just tested in our internal version and it seems to be working fine, could you try recreating the issue in a short and concise track in single player and see if its still an issue for you? Make sure you have CCRP mode selected. Thanks!

I think this is the issue where slewing the TGP to a point off the HUD disconnects it from the CCRP target.  

34 minutes ago, Toumal said:

Aaand the bug is marked as fixed in the latest beta changelog! Can't wait to give this a try!

Worked great for me last night. 😀

1 hour ago, Toumal said:

Works in the latest beta release that just dropped. I don't know when "last night" was for you, but if it was on the previous version, it most definitely did not work  - at least, not most of the time.

Yes, I was referring to this week's update. 

Had the same thing happen in BF (where no waypoints are assigned) - in OB 2.5.659398.  Used CZ and then SP on the TPOD.  Was able to slew to a target vehicle, but the CCRP drop line was no where near the bearing to the target (was going to drop a gbu-12).  I will have to test this after adding a steer point during the mission to see if CZ/SP do the same thing re: CCRP drop line...

EDIT - tried off line, and was able to reproduce.  Spawned an F-16C cold with no waypoints, and when I went A-G and CCRP, the drop line was off on some arbitrary heading.   On TGP (as SOI) I once again hit CZ and SP, and was able to slew to a target, and the HUD was in synch, but the CCRP drop line was still off to the side.  However, once I added a single steerpoint (wasn't anywhere near the target), once I hit CZ and SP, this time the CCRP drop line snapped to the appropriate bearing and I was able to drop a CBU-97 accurately.

So it appears that even for using CZ/SP on the TGP, you have to have at least one waypoint/steerpoint or the CCRP drop line does not work properly - not sure if this is expected behavior.

Edited by 609_Relentov
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...