[ALREADY REPORTED]Sling load cargoes on Mi-8 dont affect its flight performance, like they all were 0kg [2.5.6.58125 OB]

Dyk

Yes, the oilfield campaign is unplayable, and I ask myself „should I buy other modules and campaigns for DCS?“ I allready have spend a lot of money in DCS.

but I am a bit disappointed by the quality. Early Access over years and after final release much things are not working properly. Like the missing engine overheating for the radial-engines. UFO behaving AI (spitfire). I think ED like to bring out new stuff to get new customers, but forget the ones that bring them to where they are now. Maybe they work on to much projects at the same time.

please think about the peaceful pilots for the helis and yak52(still no missions or campaign)

and why can’t I install the mi-24 in the stable DCS? is early access now only vor the BETA available?

1 hour ago, BlackBird_28 said:

and why can’t I install the mi-24 in the stable DCS? is early access now only vor the BETA available?

That is correct. Keep in mind it's always like that with every product released for DCS, they arrive with latest compiled game build available, which by definition is open beta one.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

7 hours ago, BlackBird_28 said:

Yes, the oilfield campaign is unplayable, and I ask myself „should I buy other modules and campaigns for DCS?“ I allready have spend a lot of money in DCS.

but I am a bit disappointed by the quality. Early Access over years and after final release much things are not working properly. Like the missing engine overheating for the radial-engines. UFO behaving AI (spitfire). I think ED like to bring out new stuff to get new customers, but forget the ones that bring them to where they are now. Maybe they work on to much projects at the same time.

please think about the peaceful pilots for the helis and yak52(still no missions or campaign)

I agree with you, since this is an old bug. I understand that what's keeps them rolling is putting out new modules and cool features. But they should take the time to fix those bugs as well.

Ideally they should put alot of resources on bug fixing and most importantly the graphic engine (vulkan stuff etc...) fix this horrible anti aliasing...

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Art-J:

That is correct. Keep in mind it's always like that with every product released for DCS, they arrive with latest compiled game build available, which by definition is open beta one.

But I think I Allready had some early access modules in a stable version…. I am a bit confused.🤔

^ That's because Early Access state of an aircraft or map module is a separate thing from Stable/Beta state of a whole game build itself.

Eventually, when the Stable build number catches up with Beta in a couple of weeks probably, you'll get an access to the Hind as well.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's fixed. Did a short test and lifted 4 tonnes pipes and it was a struggle. Had to go with max power. Also I didn't notice any weird swinging. More testing tomorrow in Oil Fields campaign.

• Thanks 1

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

I still had weird swinging with 2600lbs crate cargo, I was doing 90kts, is that too fast? Even if it is, it's the random side to side swing that breaks the rope.

edit, was much better with a 3300lbs ammo cargo

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

I still had weird swinging with 2600lbs crate cargo, I was doing 90kts, is that too fast? Even if it is, it's the random side to side swing that breaks the rope.

edit, was much better with a 3300lbs ammo cargo

Is that on MP or your own mission. If so, can you provide .miz file?

Not all cargoes will fly the same, you need to find what speed works the best for a particular cargo. Ammo boxes or cargo nets can be flown at 250 kph, while containers likes to fly at about 150-180.

On 7/4/2021 at 10:59 AM, admiki said:

Is that on MP or your own mission. If so, can you provide .miz file?

Not all cargoes will fly the same, you need to find what speed works the best for a particular cargo. Ammo boxes or cargo nets can be flown at 250 kph, while containers likes to fly at about 150-180.

Well I just tried the "cargo container" set to 2600lbs in a single player mission, no wind set, definitely felt that some extra collective was needed to lift it. At 170kmh straight and level, it started swinging around a bit and broke the rope.

I used the container as thats what most multiplayer servers use for CTLD. THE XSAF server I play on allows slingloading.

Don't get me wrong, it is better than before. Was just thinking a metric tonne would be more stable. Maybe I just have to lower my expectations a bit 🙃

37 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

Well I just tried the "cargo container" set to 2600lbs in a single player mission, no wind set, definitely felt that some extra collective was needed to lift it. At 170kmh straight and level, it started swinging around a bit and broke the rope.

I used the container as thats what most multiplayer servers use for CTLD. THE XSAF server I play on allows slingloading.

Don't get me wrong, it is better than before. Was just thinking a metric tonne would be more stable. Maybe I just have to lower my expectations a bit 🙃

If it starts swinging, immediately drop speed and start turning. Lower speed and centrifugal force should stabilize it.

Try sticking your head out of car window at 150 kph. Now imagine how much larger container surface is. IRL, you would usually get a drogue chute to keep it streamlined as much as possible.

Edited by admiki

• 1 month later...