Cant fire Magick in Mirage training mission

Xxx

Hi all.

I just got going again on  a new PC. So thought Id better re do training missions.

Air to Air mission. I got the C130 with a 530 then fired the other 530 at the SU27's.

I missed, so selected Magicks.

Got a radar lock and a tone, but pressing trigger nothing happened.

Seemingly neither Magick would come off the rails?

Is there a new step Im missing here?

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

I see on the Chuck's Mirage Guide changelog that the Magic procedure has been changed, yes.

Revision History:
   -13/09/2020: Updated RWR symbology
   -12/06/2020: Radar section rework, CCRP logic rework for Mk-82 and GBU-12 bombs, DO Memory Function added, Magic II missile search patterns added, Magic II missile employment procedures updated, Cockpit description updated, typo corrections

Chuck describes the procedure starting page 137.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

17 minutes ago, Flappie said:

I see on the Chuck's Mirage Guide changelog that the Magic procedure has been changed, yes.

Chuck describes the procedure starting page 137.

Many thanks. Forgot about Chuck's guide. 

Indispensible!

I think what I did wrong was go from 530 radar mode into Magick mode via the PCA panel.

Although I had a great lock and tone the Magick wouldnt fire. (still in 530 radar mode?)

A short range mode was required.

If MAG PCA (Armament Control Panel) button is selected (MAGIC missile is not required to be selected with CNM), the Magic seeker will default to the Horizontal Wide Search mode. Pressing the Nav Update / Magic Unlock button will toggle search mode to Vertical Narrow Search mode.

Although I'd selected Magick in PCA, I did not see the horizontal wide search mode, in the HUD?

Since I dont have a HOTAS Warthog, only a Saitek X52, I am relying on Voice Attack for the other switches.

This is a tricky aircraft. I thought Id learnt it well, but 12 months not flying it proved I'd forgot how to!

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest and fastest way to use the Magic is pressing M in the keyboard and point the upper cross in the HUD to your target. When the Magic detects a target, it will start a growling noise. Shoot when you are close to the aircraft.

If you want to unlock just press N.

This is the easiest way, but using the PCN, radar and close combat hud modes are more "complex" ways to use the Magic.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:44 PM, Accipiter said:

I think what I did wrong was go from 530 radar mode into Magick mode via the PCA panel.

correct.

you do NOT select the missile from PCA panel. that only enables using the magics as sort of discount IRST, but they are still not selected for firing.

to select magics for firing, you need to select them from the HOTAS hat (dont remember the name now).

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580